The Player Concepts Community

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Poeta Somnium

08-11-2012

I guess I'll put this here; (not a champ concept)

I write lore, League Judgments, and compose champion themes for other summoners. I can do other stuff too if you need it; poems, short fiction, or just help you fluff up ability or appearance descriptions.

If you're having difficulty with the creative side of champion creation (I'm not much good with numbers/balancing) please contact me and I'll see what I can do to help.

http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/....php?t=2457440

pengwndude

08-11-2012

http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/....php?t=2429234
i need more reviews so i can edit! please review me! if you do, i'll review you! win-win!

also, poet ultima is pro

Astral Yorae

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-12-2012

Hey Riot Ames, I wanted to thank you very much for adopting this forum in your free time.
=D

BitterFrostxx

08-12-2012

Diana was only recently released so it would perhaps be some time before a new champion emerges. However, I had an idea about a new champion named Deone, I have a sketch and a story background. If there is any actual interest in the her, i will post the sketch as well. Until then, I will submit her story and see if anyone takes notice. I was hoping to see if releasing her idea on the Concept and Idea forum would be worth while. Any and all input/ advice is welcome.
Deone - Divine Queen of Unity

Leona and Diana are both worshipers of two heavenly beings, waging war against one another despite the single origin of both their deities from the heavens. This feud of the Solari and Diana, along with all other moon worshipers, has caused the Great goddess of unity to gaze upon their actions. She tried using Diana to appeal to the Solari but with Diana being downcast and sentenced to death, her efforts were in vain. Luckily, Dianna was saved by her loyalty to the moon. However, this meant unity would not come to the Solari or Dianna. Seeing no other option she sent her only daughter Deone, the divine queen of unity, to settle their feud before they separated the cosmos itself. Gaining her power from both the moon and sun, Deone ventured with her angelic energy to stop the war. After observing the two combatants in the League of Legends, Deone has joined the controlled chaos to help end their fighting, stopping all other champions that act aggressively in her midst until she can mend the bond of moon and sun.

Abilities
Q- Deone summons the power of the sun and blinds enemy minions (5.5 seconds), champions(3.5 seconds), or an opposing turret (1.5 seconds); either a target champion or turret is selected, or an area is selected on the field of Deone’s range.
: This could allow for dives under turret, safety from minions on low health, interrupt ganks, etc…
W- Deone summons the power of the moon to daze enemies (enemies miss and are stunned for 1.5 seconds) , and heals allies by 4%
-If an enemy leaps towards Deone, she sends them away and pushes herself back, stunning the enemy in the process
: this could allow, with correct placing, Deone to send enemies into a group of her allies, escape from a leap from an enemy champion , or allow a quick dash from an enemy turret
E- AOE cast, starlight encircles a selected area, all allied champions in area are granted heavenly honors for 3 seconds- magic penetration, increased healing, and passive abilities are temporarily boosted
Ultimate-Deone brings forth spirits of the cosmos to drain life from her selected ally, killing them for 1.5 seconds ; ally’s health must be under 15%, ally is brought back to life with 20% of total hp amount, increased movement speed, increased armor, and 5% lifesteal for 3.5 seconds (remains alive after 3.5 seconds if not slain); if ally has 16%+ hp, the spell cannot be used on ally but can be used on selected enemy champion, enemy loses movement speed, armor, and 5% life is drained. If enemy dies under this spell, all enemy champions in range of the one that died will lose movement speed and sight for 1.5 seconds

CuteBoyCome

08-13-2012

cool

kikisaysdie

08-14-2012

so if we make champs its a waste of effort cus theres no chance Riot will use them for the game?or is there eve the slightest chance?

Katsuni

08-14-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by kikisaysdie View Post
so if we make champs its a waste of effort cus theres no chance Riot will use them for the game?or is there eve the slightest chance?
Depends on yeur definition of a "waste of effort".

Do yeu learn stuff by making champions? Sure do. Some of it could even get yeu a job one day if yeu pursued it far enough. Maybe yeu just enjoy making them and do so for fun, in which case it's still hardly wasted effort.

In a short way of putting it, yeu should be making champions because it's fun, not because it's work. If yeu're doing it for the sole purpose of trying to get yeur design into the game, and wouldn't bother making them if it weren't for that, then yeu're already lacking the passion needed for a good design in the first place, so yes, yeu may as well give up. I know, it sounds strange, but seriously, if yeu're not having fun... don't do it.

In another way of explaining things, officially the chance is 0%. Unofficially, it's a little tiny bit higher that they may use some of the designs here as inspiration on a basic concept level, but it's not going to look anything like the original design, really, to the point that yeu couldn't tell it was inspired from such in the first place.

Regardless, if yeu have fun making designs, do so. If yeu don't have fun doing so, then don't.

I'm not quite sure why so many people have problems with this O.o;

gjh33

08-15-2012

I have a really good idea for a champion because I feel we need some more tricky champions. For example alot of the new champions have been strong tanky etc.

Loki: The mischief maker (this character does not deal much damage but will KILL in teamfights. Also, I haven't thought of much of his other abilities, mainly his r)

passive - When Loki is in a bush, he remains invisible even if an enemy champion is in the same bush. (this can be changed)

q - (haven't thought of this one yet)
w - (don't have a name) Loki places a mask on the target, reducing his vision range so that the target can barely see past his feet.
e - Loki splits into 5 (they all start on top of Loki, then run in different directions) and his clones run in random directions. (this is meant to confuse the enemy champions)
r - Loki takes the targeted champion's ultimate for 30 seconds.

The r can be INCREDIBLY useful in teamfights. This character solves the problem that if your team comp has no good teamfight champs, he can take an ult from the other team, giving your team a chance.

He sounds overpowered, so I'll leave it to riot to nerf w/e

Morsmagus

08-16-2012

Hey riot will you remake nidalee's skins soon? Her current skin are so outdated

outsider soul

08-16-2012

Hey I just had an idea for a champion but I didn't read all the other posts so if someone has already posted an idea like mine i'm sorry. My idea was for a champion that could summon like minons, wolfs, ghosts, and those little dragon things at the red/blue buffs in a random order but stronger or with add stats as a normal ability. Also have a way to stun/slow and to do some way of added damage as the other two normals. For an ultimate be able to summon one of the buff animals or dragons with added stats.

If you like this idea i'll greatly love the support and if there is anyone who would like to add ideas to this or make a basic picture for him/her I would love to chat about it.

(P.S. if you are going to make a picture but not talk about it just saying I planed for it to be a hunter of somekind.)