Good mages?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Greycatmon

08-12-2012

I'm a big mage guy, and I'm wondering what kind of mage would be a decent one that would take some getting used to? I was a big user of Annie when I started playing LoL, and even used Fiddlesticks a few times; same with Heimerdinger. I usually go mid, but if I to go top or bot it forces me to stay back.

I guess the main question would be what would be a good mage for staying back like support and one that can be aggressive?

Anna Sachae

08-12-2012

A backline "support" mage would be someone along the lines of Lux, I'm guessing. Her burst is powerful, but she's incredibly long-ranged. She has CC out the ass and a quick shield for your team if they get into trouble.

Ahri can be incredibly aggressive and pull out some very ballsy kills. She's combo-reliant, but her Q is good enough for poke on its own (especially if you get farmed). The important thing about her, though, is pacing. She's not balls-to-the-wall offense 24/7. She has to pick her fights and have a clear idea of exactly what she wants to accomplish.

Zyra is, of course, excellent at both aggression and "back line" support fire.

OvEoUs

08-13-2012

https://www.youtube.com/user/OvEoUs10

By far lux is the best

Shardicus

08-13-2012

Xerath, the Arcane Sniper. >_>

Prof Zuhayr

08-13-2012

Kassadin a.k.a. Harassadin

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jzMkd-AWu5c

LastStaX

08-13-2012

Morgana, Ryze, Ahri, Anivia and twisted fate are the top 5 ap mids and adding them to your pallet would be a good idea.
TF and ahri are good roaming gankers
Morgana and Anivia are really safe laners who are good for their utility late game
Ryze becomes a tank who deals large amounts of damage given enough levels and farm

Prof Zuhayr

08-13-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by LastStaX View Post
Morgana, Ryze, Ahri, Anivia and twisted fate are the top 5 ap mids and adding them to your pallet would be a good idea.
TF and ahri are good roaming gankers
Morgana and Anivia are really safe laners who are good for their utility late game
Ryze becomes a tank who deals large amounts of damage given enough levels and farm
Kassadin counters all of them

Cvi11ain

08-13-2012

Veigar is a great counter for most AP champs if you want to play mid, his R will absolutely wreck anybody that really stacks on the AP (Ryze, for example) His burst is amazing, if they don't go from 100% to 0% then they'll at least be really scared. His stun and AoE are great in teamfights too.
Ryze is great too. Good tankiness, decently big damage, and his combos can go on for ages with his passive

LastStaX

08-13-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prof Zuhayr View Post
Kassadin counters all of them
Kassadin gets stomped pre six, if he is played against properly and you have an intelligent jungler you can shut him down hard and stop his snowballing.

Greycatmon

08-13-2012

I haven't had too much experience playing against some of them so I don't know exactly how some people use them. I have used Veigar before when he was f2p, but I only had just started playing the game. I also tried Ryze as well, and even from how I faced him before, his moves are a little weird for me to use. I'll play some of the more expensive mages when they are f2p, but I can definitely try some of the other options you guys have suggested.