AP champs always getting nerfed (except annie of course)

1234567 ... 8
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

HamsterBoo

08-12-2012

While I do think the argument about the fireball and knife is incredible stupid and pointless, I do want to make one thing very clear. A fireball is extremely dangerous. If it is made out of specifically designed chemicals used in stunts, then its significantly less dangerous, but a standard fireball such as the one that occurs when you open a door in a burning building will pretty much instantly give you second or third degree burns all over your body and (if you are unlucky enough to gasp in surprise when you see/feel said fireball) enter your lungs, immediately ruining a significant portion of your breathing capacity. On top of this, you will start getting blood in your lungs at which point you will suffocate and die.

So if you ever get in a situation with a fireball, please don't think "oh, that thread on leagueoflegends.com said fireballs aren't dangerous at all!"

Galifrey

08-12-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by masterdragon481 View Post
The thing that the OP has not taken into account is that it takes a good deal of time (30ish minutes) for the AD carry to have the power to start carrying the game. I say 30 minutes assuming he/she isn't getting ridiculously fed somewhere. The AP carry is meant to carry the team and be the main damage dealer for the entire beginning of the game, transferring that role to the AD carry later in the game. So in a sense, you are right; a late game AD carry will most likely win a 1v1 duel with an AP carry. But the AP carry will win at any other time in the game.
This is only partially correct. Sure, some ad champs are weak early game, but I've destroyed a fiora for the first 5 levels i laned against her but once she reached level 6 she was able to pretty much instantly start murdering me and my leaning partner, at a point where I had 2 or 3 levels over her. This is flat out ridiculous.

Orleos

08-12-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Galifrey View Post
So get 10 people of equal skill, have one team pick all AP and one pick all AD and see which one wins. I'm pretty positive it will be the all AD by a landslide. The only hope an AP team would have is if the all AD team sucked. Malzahars ult pins him in place, move an inch and it's become useless. If there is a second enemy near by he is dead. I've mentioned that Leblanc and Annie are actual mages that they have left alone and are still good, yet those two seem to be the ones people keep bringing up, which doesn't really disprove my point. And to the moron who tried to insult me about my Leblanc build, I'd you took the time to ACTUALLY look at my match history you would see my Leblanc matches are generally AI games. I've been experimenting with my builds, but thanks for your hateful advice. I love how you address me as if I'm attacking you personally when im making a general comment about the game which is that the game generally favors AD champions, which is true. The game is pathetically overbalanced in favor of AD champions, argue with me all you want, but like I said, a match with all AP on one side and all AD on the other would fall in favor of the AD side almost every time, unless the AD team absolutely sucked.
If the ADC team manages to make it to the late game and not be completely destroyed? Then yes, they should win.

But the early to mid game, the ADC team will be destroyed because the APC team has the better damage as well as range.

There's a transition in the game that occurs at a certain point where the APC stops being the powerhouse of the team and the ADC comes.

It's just the way the game works, because the ADC is meant to END GAMES. Does this always work? No, but the purpose of the ADC is to become built and be 1 of the main sources of damage for a team, and to bring an end to the game once it has reached it's climax.

Is an ADC going to win out over an APC after a certain point? Of course, their damage comes from AA's, APC damage comes from spells, and it's usually these spells that make it possible for the ADC to do his job or make his job easier. It's usually the APC/Support/Tank, not the ADC that possesses the CC that makes teamfights easier.

Besides, you're thinking with butthurt, not game balance.

Galifrey

08-12-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orleos View Post
If the ADC team manages to make it to the late game and not be completely destroyed? Then yes, they should win.

But the early to mid game, the ADC team will be destroyed because the APC team has the better damage as well as range.

There's a transition in the game that occurs at a certain point where the APC stops being the powerhouse of the team and the ADC comes.

It's just the way the game works, because the ADC is meant to END GAMES. Does this always work? No, but the purpose of the ADC is to become built and be 1 of the main sources of damage for a team, and to bring an end to the game once it has reached it's climax.

Is an ADC going to win out over an APC after a certain point? Of course, their damage comes from AA's, APC damage comes from spells, and it's usually these spells that make it possible for the ADC to do his job or make his job easier.

Besides, you're thinking with butthurt, not game balance.
if this were always true, if ad champs were only good late game with a few good items under their belt, then yeah I'd say it was fair. Unfortunately it's not true. For most AD champs, once they reach level 6 it's just a matter of a few hits and the AP champ is dead. Level 6 is hardly late game.

Orleos

08-12-2012

Quote:
if this were always true, if ad champs were only good late game with a few good items under their belt, then yeah I'd say it was fair. Unfortunately it's not true. For most AD champs, once they reach level 6 it's just a matter of a few hits and the AP champ is dead. Level 6 is hardly late game.
I didn't say they were only good late game, stop molding words to fit your mindset please.

People have been outlining what the situation is, and all you've been responding with is, "Not true. Still not fair because APC gets stomped by the ADC once the ADC levels up and gets items."

How are you playing? Just running at the ADC and expecting not to get your head torn off?

ADC, gets ultimate, Ooooooooo so scary, meanwhile Morgana, Lux, Veigar, Cass, Brand, Kass, Ahri, Zyra, Karth, Kennen, Ziggs, and every other APC are laughing it up at the 'game changing' ulti of the ADC.

lemonpartyfan0

08-12-2012

Thats my point. If you don't even know how to build a mage in the first place.. I don't see how you think you have the insight to properly decide what is balanced or not.

cavecricket48

08-12-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zephyr Arcturus View Post
They nerfed Varus severely shortly after he came out (Mostly because people abused him in ranked games, though, isn't that the same reason they nerf alot of champions?), and the same with Heracim.
What the hell are you talking about? Varus and Hecarim have never been nerfed; they've actually been given slight buffs since their release.

Evolnemesis

08-12-2012

As a mage, if you are dying before you can either kill or cc the person doing it, most of the time it's because you made a mistake. The worst threat to mages are generally assassins and tankier champs who can do sustained damage but also have burst. The burst is the real problem, and what gets you killed before your cooldowns come back up... building items that help your damage while protecting you from that major source of damage will help you live a lot longer... in fact, burst damage is pretty much wasted in a fight if it doesn't kill someone or get a person low enough; by getting a SINGLE resistance item, you turn a champ who kills you most of the time into a threat you can pretty much ignore during teamfights because now instead of insta-killing you, you get to live several more seconds while you and your team get to rip that champ and his team several extra new holes... Rylai's, Abyssal Scepter, Zhonya's Hourglass... these items are a mage's friend, any one of them strongly protects you from a type of burst damage and has great utility AND AP...

whitewolf216

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-12-2012

Quote:
I always love how whenever an AP champ is released that can stand toe to toe with an AD champ they automatically nerf them (i.e. Zyra.) Oh Zyra can actually stand up to a Xin and live? NERF!!! This game is so pathetically overbalanced for AD champs it's a joke. AP champs should have at least a LITTLE chance to stand up to a pure AD champion. Sure you can build armor but at the expense of ANY damage you may do. It's frustrating and irritating as someone who likes Mage characters. Think about it if this was real life... Which would hurt worse? A knife or a giant fire ball to the face? I'm thinking the fire ball to the face would probably do more damage.
Toe to toe, as in 1v1? Try malz. ewr. That is, if they'll fix all the bugs that I keep hearing about on malz.

xpxpx

08-12-2012

OP has obviously never seen someone play full AP on Cho. One could say that it gets rather.....Cho'verpowered.

1234567 ... 8