Item concept Wand of the Beholder (support item)

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Ulaenyth

08-10-2012

So talking with a few friends we noted there are not any items similar to wriggles lantern but for support players and we got to throwing around some ideas and I came up with this end the end and we all thought it was fairly decent. The numbers are very rough and the stats are simple any feedback is welcome though please be constructive and hopefully a red might read this!!

Here is an idea for a support ward item
wand of the Beholder
+35ap
+250hp
+300mana
Unique passive: Generates on charge every 60seconds maximum 3 charges
Unique aura: Champions gain 10%CDR and 5% Bonus movement speed
Active: Places an Eye of the Beholder at target location granting sight in the area for 80seconds.

Recipe cost:800g
Components: Kindlegem 850, Kage's lucky pick 765g, Sapphire Crystal 400g
Total combined cost: 2815g

This gives supports an option that will give them HP mana and the an ok aura so they are not losing out on having an aura item in place of this item and it'll give them some form of warding, also the reduced duration is to make it not more powerful then buying normal sight wards of course it will be killable with an oracles but grants no gold for killing.

This item wont always be viable but it would give more options and who knows maybe it'd become a staple of the supports kit giving them a bit more room with gold perhaps allowing them to buy more pink wards while using the short duration wards for extra vision when pushing or attempting baron and just have pinks for objectives.

SteelRecon

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-10-2012

I agree that support needs a Ward item for end game. the fact that you are buying wards normally forces you to have 5 items instead of 6. My idea was to have an item that can 'hold' upto 5 ward charges. so you buy wards and it fills these charges up. or just put wards into their own slot. something needs to be put in place.

Ulaenyth

08-10-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Isomation View Post
I agree that support needs a Ward item for end game. the fact that you are buying wards normally forces you to have 5 items instead of 6. My idea was to have an item that can 'hold' upto 5 ward charges. so you buy wards and it fills these charges up. or just put wards into their own slot. something needs to be put in place.
I believe the idea was talked about in concept of there being a ward slot but riot said that the 6item slots plays into how they want the game to play, that's why my idea has a limited charge system and a shorter duration so you are still buying wards but like i said more situational and probably buying pinks over greens for more objective control

duckyy

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-12-2012

Not bad, Thumbs up so dev can see.

The Blue Jelly

08-13-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ulaenyth View Post
I believe the idea was talked about in concept of there being a ward slot but riot said that the 6item slots plays into how they want the game to play, that's why my idea has a limited charge system and a shorter duration so you are still buying wards but like i said more situational and probably buying pinks over greens for more objective control
Then you had my crazy idea that was basically a bulk discount item for wards that took up a slot but could hold up to 7 wards...

3 wards is still too few for me to be happy, and this item's a bit too late-game priced for support, but still the best actual "support wriggles" I've seen so far, so +1 to you.

Jeanschyso

08-14-2012

just give the ward effect to elesia's miracle and you won my heart

skao

08-15-2012

i like the idea of a ward support item but i think the 5 percent move speed is to much . would you hate me if i changed your item to be a change to soul shroud instead. put kages pick instead of the second health crystal on the shroud . so the stats would be something like

+225 Health 35 AP UNIQUE Aura: Nearby allied champions gain 10% Cooldown Reduction and 12 Mana Regen per 5 seconds.

Unique passive: Generates a ward charge every 60seconds maximum 3 charges

id like to name it after you tho ulaenyth shroud :-)