Just Started Playing Ranked

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Teemo Support GG

08-09-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiotBazner View Post
I have a lot of experience in other areas and a huge passion for League. In-game skill is not the end-all-be-all for becoming a Rioter.
lol could you imagine if all the artists / champion creators were high elo people?

This would be one ugly game >.>

BasedDin

08-09-2012

If you're around 1200-1300 I'd like to play with you :|
Or, you can stream your ranked adventures and I can try queuing at the same time.

Buk Wild

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-09-2012

Awesome post.

Just curious, what's a Bazner and why did you choose it for your name? :P

MetTRMinBathroom

08-09-2012

this does not work.

Steam Store

08-09-2012

Its better to have Rioters with varying degrees of interest and skill. If Riot required everyone to be plat ranked and 1000 plus games their recruitment pool would be tiny and internal feedback would not cover the average players experience.

SuperLetters

08-09-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiotBazner View Post
she can't talk, but she can still type.

She talks an awful lot to me "From my mind, to yours"

pramit the great

08-09-2012

your a riot employee. People try not to act immature in front of you,in fear of getting punished. And they probably listen to what you say.

However, ordinary players like us will just have our opinion ignored by trolls/ragers, no matter how positive. For some people, the game is just a outlet for this frustration. They will not listen, and they might even do the opposite, responding with "stfu" "i know how to play"

Hi Geoffrey

aka Bazner

Follow Xin it to Win It on Twitter

08-09-2012
7 of 123 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Artemus Delphus View Post
How do you guys feel when games are lost? I mean, we can all say 'we play for fun' for the most part, but there's always times where you want to smash your monitor in and say 'man this sucks'. I try not to rage, but sometimes (especially if the reason we're losing is my fault), I get pretty upset.

TL;DR: Do Rioters rage?
I don't like losing. I understand (took a long time to learn this personally) that letting my emotions get the best of me will not make me win. In fact it makes me play much worse.

Keeping a calm head and learning something from each game is how I win. Even with that, League is a competitive game and even the very good players should expect to lose 50% of the time.

RiotTiza

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

eSports Coordinator

08-09-2012
8 of 123 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Artemus Delphus View Post
So I'm in what many call 'ELO-Hell', weather it exists or not, I'm stuck at ~800-900 ELO. Now I'm not going to sit here and say, 'omg teem feed noobz this game report roitplz'. I know that I'm not the epitome of skills (especially since despite ~500 wins, I still can't farm unless I'm Mord.), but I've always wondered what it's like to play with a Rioter.

This also isn't me saying 'hay riot pls play me out of elo hell team feed all day'. But it brings me to a question that will be introduced as a story.

A buddy of mine in a much better ELO standing was in a game with RiotTiza when they were Graves and he was a support. He started talking about how Tiza's positioning wasn't perfect, and how engagements seemed to be shaky at best. So it made me think:

How do you guys feel when games are lost? I mean, we can all say 'we play for fun' for the most part, but there's always times where you want to smash your monitor in and say 'man this sucks'. I try not to rage, but sometimes (especially if the reason we're losing is my fault), I get pretty upset.

TL;DR: Do Rioters rage?
Since the question was asked more or less to me, I'll jump in.

Being passionate is normal in a setting where you care about the results. Many of us (I'd wager "most" but that's a total guess) are really passionate about LoL - we want to play and get better and win games. I can speak very safely for myself when I say I'm proud of my Elo, all 1600-ish of it, because it's a long way from where I started - I couldn't get above 1100 in Season 1. It's the product of a lot of games and a lot of practice and dedicated self-improvement. There are plenty of games that don't go my way (I think 1600 is a little bit above where I belong), and I tend to get frustrated when I'm playing badly or having trouble working together with my teammates/support (especially as an AD carry main).

I've broken controllers and cracked desks in the past (and every once in a while my desk still gets a good solid pound), but the important part about raging is how it manifests. I'll be frustrated out loud and yell at my monitor at such-and-such-is-a-stupid-champion and so-and-so-you're-so-lucky, but I get back on my god**** horse and play harder. I tell my teammates to keep focused and not give up, I keep all my communication forward-looking (talk about now-what, not that-happened) and relevant, and I start thinking about what I should have done differently and what I'm going to do next time. Ideally, nobody on my team has any idea that I'm upset. Of course, I'm not perfect, but I try almost as hard to keep my mouth shut as I do to win game.

tl;dr Yes and no.

Also for the people making comments about "oh you're a Rioter" - it's very true that people are more mindful of the rules around me. That said, I've found that since I've "gone Red" the number of ragers have gone down, but the ones who still rage are the cream of the crop for sure.

Bazner: Welcome to the ranked party! I promise it's not as bad as people make it out to be, as long as you stay positive and think long-term goals over short-term success, and keep focusing on improving. Let me know if you ever want some practice or pointers. <3

IconoclastPotato

08-09-2012

Can I add you and play with you?
Still wanting a game with a rioter :/