Creative Design AMA - Diana, Scorn of the Moon

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

steady the boat

08-09-2012

In the past we had the Journal of Justice and (my favorite) the Ionia versus Noxus Rematch to move lore. It was really cool because we as players would decide the fate of Runeterra, whether it be through words or skill. Of course, the Journal is now defunct and you guys have primarily moved to seasons and e-sports. So my main question is: do you have any plans for actually filling the gaps in lore that you are hinting at today (besides character bios)?

BlackStarwind

08-09-2012

Were the solari and lunari allys at one point and the lunari betrayed or were they always bitter rivals? And wouldn't Zilean know something about the original Lunari being that he is immortal and all?

lorelias

08-09-2012

hey great jo on the new champs!

quick question would lulu and Diana get along since both didn't really belong in their societies.
secondly you mentioned that Leona didn't accept Diana but i couldn't find where this part came from in the forums; id assume that if Diana and pantheon are childhood friends ten they would have grown up with Leona at the same time; and being that i assume all of them showed promising potential from the beginning as children they would have been able to tell that Diana was different from the rest of their people and have accepted her for it.

Shadelen

08-09-2012

As an enthusiast of weaponry of all kinds, I also understand the bond many warriors hold to their own specific weapon.

Has Diana given her weapon a name? If so, what is it?

RiotRunaan

Associate Creative Designer

08-09-2012
6 of 7 Riot Posts

Hey guys,

Yesterday was busier than I anticipated, so I didn't get to devote as much time to this as I would've liked--I'll pop in and out of here over the next couple of days to try and answer the questions you guys have left me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swippinfrafes View Post
I've got two questions:

Of the "rivalry" pair champions, who do you think Diana would relate to most? Morgana and Diana would probably find a lot of common ground, as Morgana views Kayle's faction as tyrannical and oppressive. This seems to line up with Diana's general view of the Solari, don't you think? Could there be an unstable alliance forged between the fallen angels and the Lunari?

Second, - and this is more general - what steps did you or other Creative Designers take in order to get into your position? I'd like to apply to Creative Design after I've got my BA, and would like to know how to gear myself. Could I...add you?

Many thanks, Diana is sweet!
Yes, I definitely think Diana and Morgana could be "grumblebuddies," as a coworker put it the other day.

I can't answer questions about our department and give advice in this thread, but yes, feel free to add me in-game (RiotRunaan on all realms)! :)

Quote:
Where is Skribbles with my Varus tattoo picture?

Also, speaking of Varus, could she relate to Varus in any way? Being the dark hero outcast sort of type
Skribbles is an elusive creature.

Well, I don't think Varus is really out looking for friends, but if they were to ever have coffee together I think they'd have an interesting conversation. I think Diana might see a grim reflection of herself in Varus--especially his rather single-minded pursuit of destruction of his enemies and ultimately himself. Hmm!

RiotRunaan

Associate Creative Designer

08-09-2012
7 of 7 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renekton Bot View Post
Alright, I've got a couple of questions.
Oh, here we go. :P

Quote:
1) What happens to Diana on nights with a new moon?
I'm not certain, but this is something we might possibly explore, so I'll leave it open for now.

Quote:
2) Diana and Leona seem to share a complicated relationship. Any chance you'd let me write allllll about it?
I grant thee full and unlimited artistic license, my friend. Write away.

Quote:
3) How does Diana feel about Warwick? They're both technically creatures of the moon, kinda.
Fluffy puppy.

Quote:
4) Do the phases of the moon have any effect on Diana's mood?
Possibly--like the new moon idea, it's an interesting thought we might explore with her later.

Quote:
5)How does Diana feel about crocodiles?
...skeptical.

Quote:
5a) Say she was in a room with a crocodile and holding a bottle of scale polish. Would she help a brother out?
Nope! Sorry! :)

Quote:
6) Did Diana wash that armor before she put it on? I figured no, since she must have been pretty far away from a trustworthy water source.
Nope.

Quote:
6a) Were there spiders in it when she put it on? Eww, I hope not.
Maybe, but Diana's not afraid of spiders.

Quote:
7) Say a crocodile wanted to take Diana out to a "Welcome to the League" dinner. What is her favorite kind of food?
Moon pies.

Quote:
7a) Don't say "Moon Pies"
****!

Quote:
8) Is that armor bound to her now, or can she remove it at will?
It isn't bound to her, she can remo--...wait, where are you going with this?

Quote:
8a) Can... other people remove it, if you know what I mean?
I knew it!

Quote:
9) Is Diana ticklish?
No.

Quote:
10) What's her favorite color?
The moon.

Quote:
11) How does Diana feel about Solar eclipses? Lunar ones?
*closes wikipedia...*

Solar eclipse: awesome.

Lunar eclipse: :(

Quote:
12) What sort of birds did the Lunari prefer? Owls, I'm assuming.
Owls, I think, or ravens. Owls are better for a number of reasons, though.

Quote:
13) Who would win in a fight, a Solari Battle Parrot or a Lunari War Owl?
An explosion of feathers with no clear winner.

Quote:
I'd like to close by stating that these questions are purely for hypothetical purposes and in no way reflect a desire to ditch my beautiful, canon girlfriend Ahri, who I love with all of my hate-filled heart.

And on that note,

14) What does Diana think of foxes?
She might have a soft spot for a cute, fuzzy little fo--wait, hold on, are you--

Quote:
14) How about foxes AND crocodiles? You know, at the same time?
--NO GET OUT

Bowieneko

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-09-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiotRunaan View Post

Owls, I think, or ravens. Owls are better for a number of reasons, though.

An explosion of feathers with no clear winner.

Now we need a Red with Swain's owl for an avatar. http://images4.wikia.nocookie.net/__...ernSkin_Ch.jpg

kanuki

08-09-2012

one question, how likely is Diana to celebrate the lunar revel?

Yggtalem

08-09-2012

i love this lore AMAs, i do wonder why they dont make it to the news feed of our LoL client though

Dracorya

08-09-2012

I think it would be interesting if instead of Leona being completely brainwashed by Solari ideals, perhaps enough interaction with Diana will make Leona question how someone she probably did know turn into what she is now.

Internal conflict is always a fun plot to mess around with.