Upcoming Zyra Changes

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

NinJewtZu

08-08-2012

I feel like Zyra was nerfed a bit much. After playing her non stop when she came out and being able to own every lane ( obviously OP and needs a nerf ) but now I can barely be an ap carry mid anymore with her, I just end up with 30+ asissts. Really she is now just a good support with low damage and great cc ( which is fine, I guess if that is what was intended ). But honestly, Diana is more OP than Zyra was. She is to diverse in her abilities and lane potential. I think she should be nerfed more and Zyra just a tiny bit less. How about lessen the cc but up the damage output for Zyra? Otherwise it's not really worth playing her as an AP carry. Just a thought keep up the great work Riot

Vexinity

08-08-2012

Enough nerfs. Why not just make champions less powerful on release.

Firefly Captain

08-08-2012

Zyra is my favorite champ, by far now, and these nerfs aren't going to change that. What has changed is her aura of invincibility. I got myself our of (3-digit) ELO hell using Zyra, something I will always cherish. I think I was 12-2 with her at some point, and I was beating Kassadin, Ahri, Fizz, Leblanc, and Morgana in mid lane, and even carrying games where I started out supporting my AD carry in bot lane with only GP5s for income.

After these nerfs, I averaged 9/3/14 over my first 3 games with her, but then I got utterly destroyed by Ahri for two games in a row, which made me realize that every champion needs their weaknesses, and Zyra definitely has some now.

Would I like to see her de-nerfed in the future? Oh yeah. Do I think these nerfs are a little harsh. Yes! But I think she's in a fine state now given how much complaining was going on, a state where I actually need to learn lane match-ups instead of autolocking her for free ELO. I want to get back to that "invincible" point with her, but I can only do it through playskill and practice, so as much as I don't want to admit it, I think Riot has done a good job here.

torunekoLoL

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

08-08-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Certainlyt View Post
Brand W:
Has longer range (900 v 825)
Higher base damage
Frequently does 25% more damage (including scaling)
Procs his passive damage
Greater radius (260 v 220)
Has the same delay (Brand's is slightly less consistent in its timing due to a different scripting method)
why don't you mention about cooldown? brand's skill has 10 seconds cd at all levels and zyra's has 5 seconds, and with her W passive, it will be 20% less than that.

Iohet

08-08-2012

Take away her autoattack range. Either make her melee like Gragas/Galio or shorten up that range. she has pets for a reason, let her use those to farm.

ObscureClockwork

08-08-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iohet View Post
Take away her autoattack range. Either make her melee like Gragas/Galio or shorten up that range. she has pets for a reason, let her use those to farm.
thats a bad idea in general
very very very bad

that would mean she would have to be way way tankier.
and have unreliable farm

thats just really bad design for a mage who uses pets with spells.

shortening that aa range, is ok i guess
but melee is bad

Iohet

08-08-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by ObscureClockwork View Post
thats a bad idea in general
very very very bad

that would mean she would have to be way way tankier.
and have unreliable farm

thats just really bad design for a mage who uses pets with spells.

shortening that aa range, is ok i guess
but melee is bad
It's okay for her to poop out damage if she has to be close range(Ryze, Cass sorta) or if her cooldowns are ridiculous(Brand, Xerath). As described here, her kit is the best of every world. If not the autoattack, at least drastically shorten her root range. You shouldn't have that long of an initiate range with the other kit of long range spells with that high of damage potential. Honestly, I'm not even sure how she passed QA balance tests..

ObscureClockwork

08-08-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iohet View Post
It's okay for her to poop out damage if she has to be close range(Ryze, Cass sorta) or if her cooldowns are ridiculous(Brand, Xerath). As described here, her kit is the best of every world. Honestly, I'm not even sure how she passed QA balance tests..
the problem isnt that

its her design has been tailored for ranged mage, as in long-ranged mage
the point of turrets is for self defense and damage
the point of pets is so you don't have to be there

zyra probably was designed with long range in mind.
making her like ryze would not make sense

JesusPwns0926

08-08-2012

Why does it still feel 100x harder to land Brand's Pillar than Zyra's Q?

ObscureClockwork

08-08-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by JesusPwns0926 View Post
Why does it still feel 100x harder to land Brand's Pillar than Zyra's Q?
i think brand's pillar has longer delay?