Things I see often in Dominion I never want to see

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

BuildPolice

08-08-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orphane View Post
Your dominion experience is going to be drastically different from other peoples'. It seems a little presumptuous to be telling everyone on the forum you're right and they're wrong.

"Recaps also cant account for possibilities like that the enemy was retarded and never checked item builds before focusing tanky supports etc."

Did you ever stop to think that all the preconceptions you've gathered here could possibly be caused by teammates who are equally retarded?
Of course, I assume that most people are incapable of playing champions more challenging than Darius, which is why I know Shaco is great but wish I could queue dodge him every time I see him on my team.

CommodoreSkippy

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-08-2012

If you suicide to Revive, you're doing it wrong.

OP, you seem to completely underestimate the value of a Lux and what her role is. As a guy who mains Lux on SR and playing her occasionally in Dom, I would never classify her as a support.
A Dominion Lux is best played with Durability, CDR, and Mpen rather than flat AP. This gives her exceptional Turret Defense and Harass capability, considering her range. Her offensive ability solo is subpar, but with the group she is a team asset, providing hard and soft CC, a weak but noticeable shield, and the range to catch stragglers. Most champs are hard-pressed to escape from or chase a Lux.
Additionally, despite "okay" ratios and not building flat AP, she does not much lack for damage, she just needs to proc her passive. A Lux who does not properly use her passive is a bad Lux.

And I would be remiss if I did not mention the 24-second Ult, Bane of Backcappers, Death of Fleeing Champs, Denier of Storm Buff, Defender of the Bottom Lane. It has a short as hell Cooldown, abuse the hell out of it.

Ragnaarock

08-08-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBeetle View Post
Are you suggesting I spend more time playing a game than posting in forums about said game? How dare you sir
I was assuming more along the lines of you using the forum for more of a personal and selfish agenda since you don't seem to have anything productive to say.
But my actual reason for that post was to let you know that there are high elo players and competitive players on your thread with advice from a bracket you have obviously not broken into yet.

Ragnaarock

08-08-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by CommodoreSkippy View Post
If you suicide to Revive, you're doing it wrong.

OP, you seem to completely underestimate the value of a Lux and what her role is. As a guy who mains Lux on SR and playing her occasionally in Dom, I would never classify her as a support.
A Dominion Lux is best played with Durability, CDR, and Mpen rather than flat AP. This gives her exceptional Turret Defense and Harass capability, considering her range. Her offensive ability solo is subpar, but with the group she is a team asset, providing hard and soft CC, a weak but noticeable shield, and the range to catch stragglers. Most champs are hard-pressed to escape from or chase a Lux.
Additionally, despite "okay" ratios and not building flat AP, she does not much lack for damage, she just needs to proc her passive. A Lux who does not properly use her passive is a bad Lux.

And I would be remiss if I did not mention the 24-second Ult, Bane of Backcappers, Death of Fleeing Champs, Denier of Storm Buff, Defender of the Bottom Lane. It has a short as hell Cooldown, abuse the hell out of it.

Said it better than I ever could. The denies are the most frustrating part of playing against a lux. Then you try to kill her than you get trapped in place forced to listen to the bane called the laugh of lux. Oh the pain.

POOTERSS

08-08-2012

2 chat-related things I see alot but don't like seeing.

1) Teammate saying "x player is so fed gg" and giving up hope

Dominion games are never over! You can always comeback.

2) Teammate saying "this x champ" in all chat.(examples "this ezreal" or "this skarner")

Trying to get their frustration out on something, they resort to this often. It's bad because it reduces the morale of the team, but also tells the enemy team that your team morale is low.

Volandum

08-08-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBeetle View Post
None of those are Lux / Nidallee?
Recaps also cant account for possibilities like that the enemy was retarded and never checked item builds before focusing tanky supports etc. Stat screens don't tell the whole story, I have plenty of pretty stat screens from facing baddies who had fine builds and just tanked with bad team play.
If you want the replays I can upload those as well. But if I'm queuing into SifuCalvin's premade, I can't be that bad - and neither can my opponents.

TCWA Tigerbite

08-08-2012

Don't hate the champ because people suck with them. I love Lux and whenever my team needs an AP, I choose Lux. You know what, I take Tear of Goddess, as well.

Boots & Tear. Spam my abilities all game long. After grabbing Ionian Boots, I do another "no no" and rush Deathcap. Then I get myself a Lichbane. Then I top off that Tear with an Archangel. At this point I'm blasting your entire enemy team for 1000 magic damage every 30 seconds. And that doesn't even include my amazing damage from my snare and slow. Guess what? I just saved your ass absorbing 400 damage that would have surely killed you.

Don't forget that lichbane. I'm going to land an auto attack on you at least twice after my E/R (possibly even my Q, too) to deal 800 damage each time. (200 from my passive 600 from lichbane.)

DaRatmastah

08-08-2012

...but...

...but...

...I <3 Lux...

FOODFOOD

08-08-2012

Lichbane also gives movespeed, which is another big reason to get it that you didn't mention.

Also, I've had a lot of success with Lux and Nidalee - both playing as them and with them on my team. I'm not FDru elo, but I'm pretty high. Maybe you just play with bad Luxes and Nids? Your argument is somewhat valid, but that doesn't mean those champs are BAD. I suck at Jax (hard to believe that's possible, huh) and I'm good with Master Yi. If I were my teammate with that knowledge, I'd rather I'd play Yi than Jax.

NamKim

08-08-2012

I am now very tempted to buy Lux and Nidalee and use them in every Dominion match from now on...must...resist...urge...