Upcoming Zyra Changes

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Drex Greytalon

08-07-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaedricChampion View Post
yes she was strong, and not impossible to beat in lane at that. Nerfs were necessary but numerous ones to her range and damage were definately not necessary especially ontop of nerfing her movement speed.

and reginalds guide seems more of a qq than an actual guide.
I find it hard to take Reginald seriously anywhere, really.

I agree, these nerfs were too much all at once. Once more they needed to look more at Zyra's kit rather than saying, "Let's nerf most of it and see what happens!" Remember Urgot, Riot? Remember how much of a mistake that was?

You shouldn't have just wildcarded these nerfs. You should have looked at why Zyra's strength was a problem to begin with. If anything I'd say the passive CDR on her W and maybe her early damage needed tweaking, but other than that she was perfectly counterable and outclassed in terms of earlygame damage.

This is the classic bit of overnerfing a champion because everyone's just saying she's OP, but not specifically all naming what it is, so Riot just nerfs everything.

I Doctor Who I

08-07-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Skler View Post
She was ruining the game whenever she was played, I've been avoiding blind pick like the plague lately because she's so ridiculous to play with/against. Hopefully these nerfs tone her down to the point where she doesn't ruin the game.

If the nerfs are too hard (very unlikely) then they can buff her, but she was incredibly OP and needed big nerfs.
She was ruining the game for baddies like you. I never once was afraid to face her. Get better!

I Doctor Who I

08-07-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Skler View Post
She made it extremely unenjoyable, you couldn't stop her from beating the **** out of your team even if you somehow did well in your lane phase, and you would get bursted from 100% to 0 at 6 without even being able to reach her.

I only had to play mid against Zyra once to know I was completely done playing blind pick (unless friends wanted me to) until she got nerfed. Can anyone say she was fun to play against in her broken state? She had no counter play except "dodge skillshots and try to farm." Not fun.

Zyra becoming a premaban in plat and a must-ban or must-pick in a tournament in her first week is a clear sign of how broken she was.
You are bad then, I play mid a lot and never lost to her. I jungle the most and always ganked the **** out of her because she has no escapes. Baddies will be baddies!

Drex Greytalon

08-07-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flam1ngFalc0n View Post
You are bad then, I play mid a lot and never lost to her. I jungle the most and always ganked the **** out of her because she has no escapes. Baddies will be baddies!
Try straightening up your tone. I don't like these all-at-once nerfs any more than you do, but your attitude is unnecessary.

I Doctor Who I

08-07-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drex Greytalon View Post
Try straightening up your tone. I don't like these all-at-once nerfs any more than you do, but your attitude is unnecessary.
Maybe a bit rude but I am to used to these forums. Typically my original post would be considered nice by forum standards.

DaedricChampion

08-07-2012

I would honestly rather play against zyra over leblanc. at least zyra can be ganked and able to dodge nearly all her attacks and still cast if hit by her combo. Leblanc can pop in and burst you while silencing you and just pop back. she can also easily distort and r to dodge any ganks if needed to

I Doctor Who I

08-07-2012

Quote:
I would honestly rather play against zyra over leblanc. at least zyra can be ganked and able to dodge nearly all her attacks and still cast if hit by her combo.
This is exactly my point I have said many times. Zyra is a EASY gank and now with the MS nerf she will be even easier to gank. She is trash tier now!

OG Fade

08-07-2012

Morello every response you've made in this thread sucks.

Your concept of balance sucks.

Your ability to do your job sucks.

I don't know how many other things you suck at but Jesus Christ dude, YOU SUCK

CertainlyT

Champion Designer

08-07-2012
12 of 14 Riot Posts

Just checking in to point out three things:

1. Zyra is still insanely fun (and strong) on live!
2. These changes aren't about nerfing Zyra's strengths, nor should they be. The goal of these changes is to give her meaningful weaknesses in exchange for those strengths. Nerf champion strengths and they become little more than re-skinned versions of one another. Retain champion strengths but give them weaknesses and they start to play very differently.
3. Zyra is not especially weak to ganks --
Her ranges are great, so she can farm from relative safety and keep her lane opponent at a sufficient distance to prevent them from locking her down as the ganker appears.
Her basic attack allows her to farm without pushing should she choose.
Her seeds can serve as wards.
She has many ways to protect herself using her kit. For example, when I E the ganker from ~700 range, I put a seed right in front of myself. If the root hits, I'm safe. If the root misses, I have created a back up slow zone for the enemies to move through.

CertainlyT

Champion Designer

08-07-2012
13 of 14 Riot Posts

Quote:
I would honestly rather play against zyra over leblanc. at least zyra can be ganked and able to dodge nearly all her attacks and still cast if hit by her combo. Leblanc can pop in and burst you while silencing you and just pop back. she can also easily distort and r to dodge any ganks if needed to
LeBlanc is a massive lane bully with very low team fight presence. Zyra arguably offers the most late game utility of any mage we've ever released. LeBlanc needs to dominate lane to have any relevance at all; Zyra doesn't.