Upcoming Zyra Changes

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Darkvoltinx

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-07-2012

sigh. too many nerfs. Zyra=the next irelia.

i only agree with half those nerfs they rest are unneeded and you guys know it. stop nerfing so much and start buffing others.

it seems you are talking the easy way out.

DarkNataku

08-07-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Certainlyt View Post
Only the second plant deals 50% less damage. The first plant still deals 100%. If WQ does 100% damage, then WWQ does 150% damage -- better burst, but at the cost of a seed that *might* do 1005 additional damage later. Now the choice is yours. Before it was probably a mistake to not always WWQ.
Couple questions... How does the engine decide which plant deals less damage? If one plant falls out of range, does the other go back to 100% damage?

BuddhazBounty

08-07-2012

Her abilities are long range skill shots that can be dodge, the problem being she has no unit collision and huge range on her construct. I think a quick fix would be to allow her snare to be blocked by minions like every other skill with the same range and utility, and possibly lower the range of her plant auto attacks. As for her awesome burst dmg which some people consider to be broken, this is a continuing trend. While other ap champs gain most of their dmg at lvl 6 or do more over time, zyra's dmg is mostly up front and it is shocking which has made this a big issue. Every champion they release will steadily become stronger. Right now Diana can burst someone for a total 3.2 ap ratio, she cant be pealed, and her cd(s) are laughable. How's that for an ap assassin. I see riots dmg nerfs to be a community response but not a fix.

Skaed

08-07-2012

Quote:
Brand W:
Has longer range (900 v 825)
Higher base damage
Frequently does 25% more damage (including scaling)
Procs his passive damage
Greater radius (260 v 220)
Has the same delay (Brand's is slightly less consistent in its timing due to a different scripting method)
Zyra Q:
Has less than half the cooldown at max rank with her passive CDR
Costs less mana
Can create a plant at the target location that hits as hard as a champion's auto attacks

And most importantly, Zyra's Q is part of a kit that includes 3 forms of CC. Zyra's utility is comparable to Morgana, Anivia, or Lulu. Brand has one, not entirely reliable stun. He's basically a pure damage caster. Honestly I'm kind of shocked at the comparison here. Brand is a nasty burst caster, and W is most of his non-ultimate burst. The fact that Zyra's Q has only a bit less damage on half the CD is scary.

I'm not entirely convinced these nerfs are enough, but we'll see pretty quickly I'm sure. Her Q would be a good place to look if it turns out she's still OP.

zyrrael

08-07-2012

Thank you for toning down Zyra. It was quite frustrating playing against Zyra because of her burst/while being able to do it from complete safety. I know there are quite a few people who simply shrug it off and say "well you just don't know how to play against Zyra noob" but obviously the overwhelming majority of game balancers decided that indeed she was OP and got on the ball to fix it.

tender paws

08-07-2012

Yay. Glad to see that player feedback was acknowledged... 60%+ winrate on a champ is just insane.

DarkerNectron

08-07-2012

The MS nerf is overkill she should have 305 MS.

Champions with 300MS
1) Anivia: AoE stun, large area slow, egg to survive a turret dive.
2) Orianna: AoE slow/speed up, command protect, ult just in case.

Zyra's lack of survivability doesn't justify having 300 ms.

KiteAzure

08-07-2012

I wish this would be for all champions Nerf and buffs, not just Phreak saying build trinity force and do tuns of damage xD

Blakev

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-07-2012

Better nerf irelia

Tbcrow

08-07-2012

How this reads;

"Zyra didn't play the way I like, so we made all of these changes. Now she'll be useless on Live and I'll be the only person who can play her since it's my play style."

Now she has nothing to stop people from diving her, the burst was the only way to shut down constant diving and at least get a fair trade out of it.

10 to 1 every Zyra has to camp turrent now, or be insta gibbed.

GG Riot Sales Plan.