Did Replays Get Canned?

First Riot Post
12345 ... 6
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

TheFunderstorm

08-07-2012

I thought after spectator mode we were supposed to get Replays. Whatever happened to that?

Also its kinda backwards, replays, technologically speaking, should have came BEFORE spectator, but whatever.

EDIT: @Red post
Thank you for responding to my thread! Its good to hear that a much anticipated feature is on its way!

dKtiGERR

08-07-2012

The technology is obviously here (Recorded features you can replay over and over, but only for that match)
But they haven't formed it into a working feature yet.

I guess soon? .___.

Dammit.

CaptainButtholio

08-07-2012

Just download LoLreplay

Seiuchi

08-07-2012

Tryndamere recently said they were coming soon (TM) in that big, big thread. It'd probably take forever to find the exact post though.

PriorityOne

08-07-2012

It'll come in time.

Kr1sys

08-07-2012

download lolreplay and be done with it.

rjcombo

Lead Designer

08-07-2012
1 of 6 Riot Posts

Replays have not been canned. It's a big feature and we want to make sure we deliver something that meets or exceeds your expectations. Also, like spectator mode, the feature requires the construction of a new service capable of supporting the massive number of players we have worldwide.

We've always intended to deliver a full fledged replay system, and have publicly stated so in the past. That intention hasn't changed, but I can't talk about timelines.

Zerglinator

08-07-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjcombo View Post
Replays have not been canned. It's a big feature and we want to make sure we deliver something that meets or exceeds your expectations. Also, like spectator mode, the feature requires the construction of a new service capable of supporting the massive number of players we have worldwide.

We've always intended to deliver a full fledged replay system, and have stated so publicly in the past. That intention hasn't change, but I can't talk about timelines.
:D

Reiver

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-07-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFunderstorm View Post
I thought after spectator mode we were supposed to get Replays. Whatever happened to that?

Also its kinda backwards, replays, technologically speaking, should have came BEFORE spectator, but whatever.
Actually, it's the right way around.

All the spectator interface and controls were needed for replays, and from what I've been able to infer from past riot posts, they'll have a significant level of cloud saving for replay files, which means the memory infrastructure to handle all of those files, as well as a distribution infrastructure to serve these files on demand to players.

It's all a rather messy business actually when you try to imagine handling data on the scale that Riot is working on.

Slinkywheel

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-07-2012

we already have lolreplay, it's a great program that automatically records games.

12345 ... 6