Riot will NEVER respond to any thread of importance (and here's why)

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

bunny milkshake

08-06-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrankyCentaur View Post
I have a girlfriend, and best friends outside of that.
Foreveralone = Time + Money = Money x 2 = Tasty RPz

bunies

08-06-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morello View Post
Like what? I think we've actually been able to own up on most of them (aside from some of the issues live in this thread), including even the Stealth Rework.

I'm serious; I know this perception exists, I just don't know if it's from old stuff, since I think we've gotten a lot better about follow-through.
i remembered about 14 months ago you promised some tanky dps nerfs in particular udyr which never showed up

dafedidi

08-06-2012

Morello : Spider Queen.

There is a huge lack of communication ( from my point of view ) about that case. Can you make 1 thread/statement about her, if she will ever come out or not to LoL, and explain why.

That's all I want to know.

Questions about pricing, I let this to others.

Morello

Lead Designer

08-06-2012
51 of 92 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tryndamere View Post
Um, yes it does.

Why do people work at Riot? To MAKE THE MONIES!?!?

Nope. (edit - well sure, it doesn't hurt and people DO after all need to make money to pay for things like food, housing, etc. But most just want to "check that box" and do what they love).

We work here because they want to delight you guys with awesome games.

Do we need to make money to keep the lights on and to ensure that we can continue to make awesome games?

Yes.

If you have a different solution, I'd love to hear your idea. You'd probably win a Nobel prize for Economics, so let's hear it!
I have to add to this.

People do not get into video game development to get rich - there are a lot more effective and easier ways to do that. Video games is a labor of love, and the long hours, hard work and flaming aren't worth it unless you love what you do. I know I can't out-logic zealous emotion, but that's all there is to it.

When you do love it though, it's awesome - I can't imagine wanting to do anything else. If you don't got that, you will struggle in this industry, and Riot will chew you up and **** you out before you know what hit you.

I mean, you could get into games with 'get rich' as a motivation if you're REALLY BAD at getting rich.

Peperono

08-06-2012

While you guys are here, would you mind if I picked your brain on a few champions?

First off, Yorick and Darius.

Both of these champions are rather frustrating to face in lane, and are essentially impossible to shut down, as they can do their thing late game regardless of how they did in lane. In general, im curious to know if you are looking into changing these champs to make them more entertaining to play against, a buff to their weak match ups, and removing their ability to go 0/7 in lane, and then carry a team to victory.

(For reference, with Yorick I'm referring to his ult essentially making a 6v5 regardless of his feed)

The second thing I'm curious about is your thoughts on some champions you seem to have trouble nerfing.

What i mean by this is champions such as: Irelia, Noctourne, Lee Sin and Vladamir. All of these champions have taken nerf after nerf and yet remain top tier picks. Going forward, do you have any plans to prevent more of these champions from being created, and do you think you know what causes this odd effect of semi-nerfproof?

Hope you get back to me on this, just some things ive been wondering for a while now.

(Edit: Got inbetween Morello double post!)

Morello

Lead Designer

08-06-2012
52 of 92 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by dafedidi View Post
Morello : Spider Queen.

There is a huge lack of communication ( from my point of view ) about that case. Can you make 1 thread/statement about her, if she will ever come out or not to LoL, and explain why.

That's all I want to know.

Questions about pricing, I let this to others.
No, because I'm keeping it mysterious on purpose. Sometimes we don't say stuff on purpose!

yendayo

08-06-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tryndamere View Post
We disagreed on the 1000 RP situation.

We gave it to the people who did not have rune page data and thus were hamstrung for a long period of time.

We didn't handle the event super well, as we probably shouldn't have given anything away to anyone - but the decision was to continue to give out more free stuff to some rather thank take away (we're not into that), but we were not going to give out RP to everyone for downtime, despite that it was our bad - as we gave out IP boosts and it would be very destructive for us to give out massive amounts of RP.
how long exactly do you mean by 'a long period of time'?

Pianoman7117

08-06-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morello View Post
I have to add to this.

People do not get into video game development to get rich - there are a lot more effective and easier ways to do that. Video games is a labor of love, and the long hours, hard work and flaming aren't worth it unless you love what you do. I know I can't out-logic zealous emotion, but that's all there is to it.

When you do love it though, it's awesome - I can't imagine wanting to do anything else. If you don't got that, you will struggle in this industry, and Riot will chew you up and **** you out before you know what hit you.

I mean, you could get into games with 'get rich' as a motivation if you're REALLY BAD at getting rich.
As a musician who someday hopes to combine his two loves and become a video game composer..I could not possibly respect you more Morello.

Critkeeper

08-06-2012

I just want to put some things here that have been on my mind before i close my browser for the night and play some league of legends before going to bed.
First, I want to let you guys know that I respect you, both the employees at RIOT and the founder himself, for their dedication and passion, and for giving me the opportunity to give something, even if it is only a suggestion or two, to the masterminds behind this phenomenal game.
Second, I want to continue to contribute by giving suggestions to you. I won't spam half baked ones. The two i have put in this thread are excellent and I have thought them through thoroughly. You have my summoner name, and I don't make posts or threads unless it helps the community.
Last, I want to say that even if this thread is absolutely replete with dimwitted responses from people who are actually quite intelligent but are in an awful hurry to make an ass of themselves, I appreciate it. I appreciate the fact that RIOT employees are willing to build a game for the dedicated fanatics, even if they have to beat their way through a horde of jaded gamers, and a few *******s, to do so.

SpookyGhostsOoo

08-06-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rarity Belle View Post
Y'know, I needed to finish reading through all the riot replies in this thread before I could get there, but I do want to say that despite all the apparently visceral hatred that happens on the GD, most of the people I play and work with are constantly impressed by the outgoing nature of Riot's employees.

I'd like to point out that no matter where he lives, right now Morello is almost certainly posting after 9 PM, at night, from his home. It's not the first time either. About a month ago I opened a very crudely worded "Morello you suck for nerfing supports" thread that took off like a shot. I woke up the next day to see a Rioter posted in it, and figured that it must have reached a couple hundred posts before someone decided it was enough of an issue to tackle.

Instead, I discovered that Morello had posted on page one. Right after I'd gone to bed.

Honestly, the amount of attention the community gets from people whose job it is to run companies, design champions, and design game modes is flabbergasting to anyone who's ever held a real job. How people can say they do it for anything other than their own honest enjoyment baffles me endlessly. You could not pay me any standard entrance wage to both run an entire company, and see to every 14 year old's drama spiral, and play with complete strangers in return for their long time playing my game. Riot's business model is truly unique, and any employed adult doubtless sees it that way.
Oh, and as a note;

I have all the content I could reasonably need in this game at this point. At this point, my motivation is based around the customer support I got off that one thread. That I could be a jackoff and still get the time of day boggled my mind. I have one goal at this point, and it's to get to 1k wins on this particular account so that I can hopefully support Morello while he carries me.

Props to you for being an outstanding company and continuing to get my money and time whenever I can give them.