Announcing the League of Legends Championship Series

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

GoAheadCornelius

08-06-2012

So these will be free? Currently all the tournament HD content requires a 5 dollar per month subscription fee. Just curious when this "free" will begin.

HLVxSasuke

08-06-2012

Will this format be similar to the NFL? Weekly games, bye week, maybe even divisions?

Mindcrim3

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-06-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedBeard View Post
Haha - yes for next year. Tickets will go on sale shortly for this year, and we'll have some very cool swag for everyone attending!

The actual Finals is on the 13th between the top two teams in the world, and the week before (October 4th - 6th) will be the top twelve teams fighting for their shot in the Championship game on the 13th.

But that's Season 2, let's keep this thread focused on Season 3
WTF is up with this sh*t? Well hey no problem let me go down to the oil refinery I own down the street so I can drive to LA two different times from Sacramento.. This is bullsh*t

Saiguad

08-06-2012

una consulta algún equipo de latinoamerica tiene la posibilidad de participar?

sceves

08-06-2012

Where is it going to be streamed on? will it just be on the league of legends website or on twitch tv or what?

Shampu

08-06-2012

ya magma chamber

RedBeard

VP of eSports

08-06-2012
27 of 31 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freshwalrus View Post
where can one buy tickets to go see it?
Stay tuned, Mr. Walrus, stay tuned...

RedBeard

VP of eSports

08-06-2012
28 of 31 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mindcrim3 View Post
WTF is up with this sh*t? Well hey no problem let me go down to the oil refinery I own down the street so I can drive to LA two different times from Sacramento.. This is bullsh*t
Bummed you aren't happy about this format. We figured we would have one awesome tournament one weekend, and then another awesome Finals match-up the following weekend. More content for everyone to enjoy instead of packing it all into one weekend that's too long and doesn't give the finals game justice.

RedBeard

VP of eSports

08-06-2012
29 of 31 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by sceves View Post
Where is it going to be streamed on? will it just be on the league of legends website or on twitch tv or what?
LoL website, similar to our Vegas World Invitational.

RedBeard

VP of eSports

08-06-2012
30 of 31 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by L2 Forest View Post
So these will be free? Currently all the tournament HD content requires a 5 dollar per month subscription fee. Just curious when this "free" will begin.
Free for our Riot streams begins at PAX, and continues through the World Championship and into next years Championship Series. We aren't trying to be sneaky with our wording, we want the content available to all of our awesome fans.