Riot will NEVER respond to any thread of importance (and here's why)

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Zwuack

08-06-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leib Olmai View Post
I played only co-op vs ai since a month to get first win of the day and test some jungler or play with low level friend.
I have 15000 IP.

So only by playing co-op, which give alot less than normal /ranked, I can buy 2 champion a months.
And guess what ? They are releasing 2 champion a month.

So If I want some runes or a rune pages, I still can buy them.
And you don't have to buy every single new champion. And there's some that are plenty viable that are cheaper than 6300IP.
6300 in around 1 week is doable with a moderate amount of play time. I think that's how much I usually get. I did take the shortcut and got the bundle rune page since I want flexibility on runes quickly, but I think most if not all of my champions were bought with IP.

Sybreed

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-06-2012

I didn't read the entire thread (obviously) but I noticed some people accused Riot of selling power.

I entirely disagree.

You can buy rune pages/runes with IP, which makes the game anything but P2WIN. Sure, it takes a while to get enough IP, but it's still considered free. Current business model is pay-for-convenience which is fine and guess what, Riot has to make money. If you have the runes for a new champion but can't afford the rune page, just swap the runes on one you use less. Yes, it's tedious, but doable. I'd like to see Rune pages price drop to 4800IP but I don't think it will happen anytime soon.

I've been in other F2P betas (can't say which ones since I'm under NDA) and I've begged the devs to follow Riot's model, because right now they're going towards a P2WIN "lite" direction (which means you don't have to pay a cent if you don't want to, but if you do, you get some stuff that will put you ahead of other players for months). I'm not even affected by this since I usually pay money in F2P games, but I can feel other players will really not appreciate it.

So, in other words, Riot's model is fine.

Reaganomics

08-06-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonabon View Post

1. 5 all-time free champions. A set of champions everyone starts with, can get used to, and won't lose when the next free week comes around. Create some consistency for them. Ideally there would be one champion per role in SR, something like Ashe, Soraka, Annie, Kayle/Garen, Nunu. I know you give Ryze to beginners in the tutorial, and while he is easy to use I don't feel he's really a good representative for the typical mage in LoL because he builds completely different and can require his own Rune Page if you're being super serious with him. And honestly, I think Annie is the best starter mage for everyone. Her kit teaches a new player nearly everything about how champions work. She's like the Megaman X intro level of LoL, but I digress ...
This.

I have always felt that the 450IP Champions should simply be available for all to play. Especially given that they are the best way for people to learn the different roles.

DriftingSmoke

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-06-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by joony View Post
Riot as a whole (mostly talking about forum presence) has really impressed me as someone who is an avid forum user for almost any game I install on this computer.

I think the RP 1000 thing is absolutely ridiculous. Does Honda give you 300 bucks when the alternator on your car goes out? Of course not, this is general maintenance that you have come to expect being a car owner. The same goes for Riots servers. Its not fun for anyone when they go down but I don't think they OWE us anything. We aren't paying for a sub.

Its really awesome to see how far Riot has come since I started playing 2 years ago and the one thing that's held true is that they are always active on the forums, have fun and geniunly seem to embrace the community and what each one of us has to offer whether that be great feedback, art, or winning your 1000th game (3k now?).

Thank you for spoiling us Riot, you are truly one of the great companies out there!! (Cant wait to see you at pax west!!)
Actually, yes, they do.

If they issued a part which had inherent failures, they replace said part, at no cost to you, often giving your vehicle an effective upgrade because the replacement is an improvement over the defective model.

They issued a patch which had inherent failures, their "recall" was to issue us IP Boosts which we could not use, because the patch brought down the service.

During the floor mat accident scandal, were you outside your local Toyota dealership with a sign that read "Keep up the good work, it's only 1 model!"? Then why kissing ass here?

Lunar Lightning

08-06-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morello View Post
No, the problem is we don't have the strategy for this (how do we address this?) set yet. It's not something we just go "OK, change X and do Y", it's a pretty complex thing and we have to actually decide how to make this work before we can tell you what it is.

This thread is about us not commenting, we comment with "not ready yet guys" but that makes people mad :P This is the catch-22 we spoke of earlier.
how do you address it? stop making champs be 6300?

Mirror

08-06-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tryndamere View Post
No, "new leadership" is a white dude who used to run a Hedge fund and who plays this **** out of League of Legends and whose brother is a designer here.
So much nepotism whyyyy

Seems like everyone getting hired recently is married to someone, or is someone's sibling or best friend.

Jortalus

08-06-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zwuack View Post
6300 in around 1 week is doable with a moderate amount of play time. I think that's how much I usually get. I did take the shortcut and got the bundle rune page since I want flexibility on runes quickly, but I think most if not all of my champions were bought with IP.
6300 in a week is easily doable. A big part of getting the most out of your IP is patience; wait 2 weeks for that shiny new champ, try it for its free week, and then decide if you want to buy it or not. If not, keep that IP saved. I have almost 14k IP saved, and I just bought Jayce not long ago after trying him on the PBE. I knew he would be worth it.

Patience is key if you want to get the most out of the free system of this game. It might be difficult, but if the temptation is so great for people to spend money on RP...Why not spend money on RP? You obviously think it's something worth your time and money, so why not send a few dollars to Riot for their efforts? Don't think of it as paying for something; think of it as offering money to the people who've made such a wonderful game to play, while also getting a little something for yourself in return. That's how I always see it.

Armorgen

08-06-2012

@Tryn

Have you guys thought of putting a server in Australia?

There is a thread in gd that is rather big. No red has posted in it yet tho.

Tryndamere

President / Co-Founder

Follow MarcMerrill on Twitter

08-06-2012
36 of 92 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArchBossDaBossen View Post
God, I want to believe you so much.
Come to a show - PAX, Gamescom, our Season 2 championships - you'll see it. Nothing makes us happier than making awesome stuff to delight you guys.

Guess what I did all day Sunday? Played LOL (and lost like 10 games - been traveling too much lol) and watched the tournament.

Also - I r excite for our next huge batch of product awesome - we're still just getting started IMO.

iStandAloney

08-06-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tryndamere View Post
No, "new leadership" is a white dude who used to run a Hedge fund and who plays this **** out of League of Legends and whose brother is a designer here.
Dude, i officially love you. Demonblade Tryndamere C'MERE!