Riot will NEVER respond to any thread of importance (and here's why)

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

FireZ42

08-06-2012

Still, the reason there are complaints about Riot selling power form champs and rune pages is because of how slow the IP earning process is. It takes weeks just to get 6300 IP,

Zerglinator

08-06-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pryotra View Post
Also, a link to all these posts on heimer would be appreciated. If they were posted, I want to read em.
Here's one.

http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/...95912#27795912

EDIT: That awkward moment when I find that you, Pryotra, made a thread on the topic a few days ago, and someone gave you the same link. You just need something to complain about, don't you?

Zanes Zalesh

08-06-2012

A simple wish to be asked for: Reduce the runepage IP prices, we have so many champions now that the basic 2 rune pages is far from enough to be ready to a soloqueue, and buying a "box" for the price of a "toy" (champ) or "jewels" (runeset) is too painful.

NinetyNineTails

08-06-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yaddar View Post
well, what about the Old legendary skins? if you are not going to update them AT ALL, can you AT LEAST give the people who bought them (Heimer, Corki, Trist, Annie, T.Fate) a banner and a summoner icon?

you already have proven it can be done, and we paid the full 1820 RP on a skin with the hopes it will get awesome because we were sure you were taking community feedback and working to update them.
I mean even Jayce'srelease skin is far more superior than the old legendaries.
If you paid 1820 RP not because you wanted an awesome skin, but because you hoped that at some point in the future it would become awesome, despite no words to any effect like that had come out from Riot at the time...

You.

Are.

An.

Idiot.

Seriously. How much did you pay for a skin that you didn't really like? Really? Seriously....

Leib Olmai

08-06-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by FireZ42 View Post
Still, the reason there are complaints about Riot selling power form champs and rune pages is because of how slow the IP earning process is. It takes weeks just to get 6300 IP,
I played only co-op vs ai since a month to get first win of the day and test some jungler or play with low level friend.
I have 15000 IP.

So only by playing co-op, which give alot less than normal /ranked, I can buy 2 champion a months.
And guess what ? They are releasing 2 champion a month.

So If I want some runes or a rune pages, I still can buy them.
And you don't have to buy every single new champion. And there's some that are plenty viable that are cheaper than 6300IP.

Kagami

08-06-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeneralStan View Post
To play at a competitive level, you need to have multiple rune pages available, which is clearly quite different than having 2 pages. Depending on their lane opponent, professional players will choose among innumerable rune pages (all armor to counter pantheon, all MR to counter veigar, etc etc).

This means that there is a direct correlation between rune pages and power, and you sell rune pages.

From my perspective it's hard to see how not being able to change runes in match is anything other than selling power for a price.

The overall attitude seems to underestimate the value of having options in competitve play
The 2nd highest Elo player on AtD GoDJJ has TWO rune pages at 2726, so you don't "need" more than that to do well.

iPromi

08-06-2012

To be honest guys, despite some few flaws which are part of human nature, you guys are doing very good as a company. Let me explain some stuff:

I was playing Lineage2 for over 5 years and many other games aswell. To be clear with the community, no other company from my personal experience, gave so much attention and time for their forums, for their community and their game. Im very happy to play a game that is not imported. A game that has improved so much in such little time.

I encourage posts that can give actual feedback on what players want, and yes i agree that the forums would need a rework, with a new system from this one.
Many times for example, i proposed some ideas how to forward the game on a better pace like improving ban system since we have over 100 champs etc, but my threads got burried into oblivion.

I really appreciate the fact that so much work has been done the last months from Riot, and ill disagree with the guys complaining about rune page price costs or champ costs. This game has been put into huge amount of team effort and hard work. If u guys want something so fast, u can contribute to the company and buy something that will stay the entire game time you will have. Since the game uses micro transactions, it has to provide a system of revenue somehow, its not like a whole company can work for free, think as humans.

About server stability issues, yes, unfortunatelly it can happen, its not like Riot wants it. I cant express my opinion about the 1000RP tho, since i m not fully aware of the issue as im playing on EUW.

Id like to close my post just by giving some feedback on what i would like to see on the future as a player, on a logical line of thought.

- New, Improved Ban System ( Many people blamed the banning system dota uses or if lol adapt a similar one that is gonna be hard for new players but lets get real, to even try ranked or draft pick, u gotta be at least lvl30...u gotta be aware how the game works and familiarized with at least 40-50% of champ pool). Adding on the above, i really believe the ban system is out of date. We play a game with 102 champions in which u can ban only 6 from the whole pool. Also, a possible updated ban system could give chances for some new meta, some new tactics which would be more than welcome from me.

- Improved game client / loading screen system / removal of randomizing champs on ranked games. I really liked the new update on afk matchmaking, honestly it did work but many times players crash on loading screen or just randomizing champs just for fun on ranked games ruining fun of 4 other possibly. I really do believe that the game should be eligible to start, AFTER the loading process.

-Improved forums/Improved forum MODing. i honestly believe a rework of the forum system, might help the whole situation with not needed posts, spam posts etc.

As about the champion reworks and stuff, i have seen crazy improvements and i believe Riot does its best and will continue to.

Sorry for the long post or any misspellings and thanks for reading.

Jortalus

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-06-2012

I can't overstate my appreciation for Riot. I have spent $250 on LoL and haven't regret a single penny of it. I am not well off. I don't make tons of money, but every dollar I've spent on LoL is a dollar well spent. I didn't drop it all at once; I've been a steady customer since I started back around March 2011.

The only single game company that has earned so much of my money in the past has been Blizzard, mostly due to WoW and its ability to devour my social life >_>

LoL is much more fun to spend money on, though. WoW is a steady stream of payments. LoL lets you buy exactly what you want, but you never NEED to buy anything. Its F2P system is the best I've ever seen. Everything you need to play the game to its full potential is free, and only the cosmetic items and conveniences (boosts) require real money. I have several friends who play that don't spend any money at all on this game and continue to have a blast with it.

Sporaktu

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-06-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tryndamere View Post
We disagreed on the 1000 RP situation.

We gave it to the people who did not have rune page data and thus were hamstrung for a long period of time.

We didn't handle the event super well, as we probably shouldn't have given anything away to anyone - but the decision was to continue to give out more free stuff to some rather thank take away (we're not into that), but we were not going to give out RP to everyone for downtime, despite that it was our bad - as we gave out IP boosts and it would be very destructive for us to give out massive amounts of RP.
Another reason I really like you guys. I'm shocked at just how nice Riot is to their customers. Y'all consistently do things that, at least from a strict accounting standpoint, really are not in your favor, yet all I see is backlash from the community. I don't care that I didn't get 1k RP (not to say that I don't like free RP btw, I just don't feel entitled to it); heck to compare it to another well known name: if World of Warcraft were down for 3 days for some of their players, they would be credited with 3 days of play time. What Riot did here was basically the same as Blizzard giving a full month of play time to everyone who couldn't play for 3 days. That is something I have never seen a game company do.

Keep up the good work Tryn! Every indication is that you run a tight ship. Heck, how many companies have someone with Lead-anything in their title regularly communicating with their community? I bet I could count them on one hand.

Edit: To explain my reasoning, and not sound like a suck-up, I understand why you would give out (this is pulling number entirely out of a hat) $100k on free Riot points to players. If that $100k earns you even $101k in good will and purchases down the line, its a win. From everything I have read on the forums, and specifically this topic, however, it seems to be more than just an accounting problem to the Rioters. Y'all do really seem to care about your customers as more than just blank checks.

Epicn00b

08-06-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tryndamere View Post
The person who used to is no longer with the company
Yes!