Riot will NEVER respond to any thread of importance (and here's why)

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

IrrationalNoob

08-06-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tryndamere View Post
That's because a lot of the posts are troll posts

We think there are ways to redesign the whole forum experience to be a lot better though. We'll see
I still want those forum groups to be released. We know you were working on them and you could secretly join the groups for a while.

RELEASE THE FORUM GROUPS PLZ!

Nerko

08-06-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leib Olmai View Post
You can always make a support ticket and ask for 10 RP.
They will ask you to draw something.

That's one of the thing Riot do other compagny don't. They will give you the 1-20 RP left you are missing, completely for free. (well, in exchange of a drawing)
Thanks, I didn't know that.

Ob1Kn00b

08-06-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morello View Post
Champions and Rune Pages are available for IP, which costs exactly zero USD. So...yes. They are free.
Most champions, and rune pages themselves, are absurdly pricy IP-wise, and thus take an absurdly long time to get ahold of.

Though they are technically free, good luck convincing your current *coughValvecough* competition of that.

PinkSwordmen

08-06-2012

Wow i bet riot is so tired of ppl in this thread(no offense)

Iarayn

08-06-2012

Am I the only one to see the irony that this thread was about red's not posting and it now has over 30 Red posts, and the first post was the President?

/GG Riot.

Anywhom +1,000 Rep to Riot for their communication in this post and the clarity of their posts, I do appreciate it :V

Zoram

08-06-2012

Quote:
Yup - to answer one of the questions earlier and tie it to this, this is why we have "new leadership" in this area. We haven't been as awesome as we need to be.

I fully agree with your point here and we'll do better.
"new leadership"=chinese overlords.

YouHearThat

08-06-2012

Before you leave, what happen to in game events? (IP Double weekend event etc.) Only one you decide to do was when you messed up with the 2 million likes on facebook and that was after Tamat screws up which caused the community to outrage.

Aheadatime

08-06-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aheadatime View Post
My quarrels with the game -

1. You cannot edit runes during pre-game lobby like you can with masteries. This could be done extremely easily and you guys know it. Having only two, to quote a random forum guy, "is like a hidden tax to higher level players" due to the fact that it would be optimal to have as many pages as you do characters/styles, which is more than 2 in the majority of cases.

edit - and yes, i understand that new pages are 'free' because they cost 0RP, but the high ip price creates subliminal staggering of ip investment potential, and thats quite obvious. it would be easier to buy a boost and speed the process up, which is a crafty way of thinking from a marketing standpoint, but it leaves a bad taste in our mouth because it seems just plain wrong.

2. No statement (that i know of) has been released about the current skill-shot bugs. At the bare minimum, you guys could tell us you have acknowledged it, are working on it, and will update us as the soonest possible time.

3. No statement (again, that i'm aware of) has been released as to whether or not you guys agree with the loud portion (not sure if minority of majority) of the population who believes that Darius could use some ult re-work. Im neutral on the Darius debate, but it would be nice to hear where you guys stand.

reposted due to spam. would be nice to receive a concrete statement on all three points of inquiry.

Do Not Towerdive

08-06-2012

Quote:
We disagreed on the 1000 RP situation.

We gave it to the people who did not have rune page data and thus were hamstrung for a long period of time.

We didn't handle the event super well, as we probably shouldn't have given anything away to anyone - but the decision was to continue to give out more free stuff to some rather thank take away (we're not into that), but we were not going to give out RP to everyone for downtime, despite that it was our bad - as we gave out IP boosts and it would be very destructive for us to give out massive amounts of RP.
TL;DR We will acknowledge it and nothing else.

Wow riot, just wow, that's it for DELETING rioters posts on this and then IGNORING it for weeks? That's terrible

Tryndamere

President / Co-Founder

Follow MarcMerrill on Twitter

08-06-2012
33 of 92 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by vox1st View Post
"new leadership"=chinese overlords.
No, "new leadership" is a white dude who used to run a Hedge fund and who plays this **** out of League of Legends and whose brother is a designer here.