Riot will NEVER respond to any thread of importance (and here's why)

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Morello

Lead Designer

08-06-2012
8 of 92 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by RCIX View Post
Ranked, Balance issues, those items Nome promised but are nowhere to be found, heck even continued acknowledgement that Dominion exists would be nice. Maybe stopping the forced moving of almost any Dominion thread to the Dominion forum?
I see - understood. We've had a really hard time supporting other game modes, but the good news isn't we're working on this, we've solved the fundamental problem and now can do what we need to here - actually support them!

Nome is actually personally in charge of TT and Dominion updating, and it's something we're taking seriously. Due to some of the challenges Tryndamere talked about, this is later than we like, but it's something we can actually address now. "We're working on it" from a standpoint of actually working ON it, instead of working on fixing how we do this

IS1d0031a3c75dca85183eb

08-06-2012

Mr. President, since you are looking at this thread, let me ask...
... do u think there will ever be a chance of Riot releasing a map-editor for LoL?

I know that LoL came from DoTA, which came from a warcraft map editor (or something similar along those lines), and that may mean that if you guys make a map editor and allow the community to make content, a spinoff came may be created and you lose out 10 years from now.

But, user created content is, well, its FUN

Take ARAM, for example. A part of the community came up with their own rules, people began to love it, and now there is a portion of the community that plays nothing but ARAM. Just imagine what we could come up with if you release a map editor that includes a way to do some basic scripting, to dictate where/when/howmany/howstrong minions are, or how much gold things are worth, etc.

Why spend a year making a new map that most likely only a small portion of the community will play regularly (Dominion, Twisted Treeline)? Spend that time making an amazing map editor, and have us come up with things that WE want. Someone will make an awesome map that people love, then those people will love playing that map, and for everyone else, there will be other awesome maps/ideas people make.

I was an avid Age of Empires II fan.
I think that was the SINGLE GREATEST MULTIPLAYER GAME EVER MADE.
Why? Because it had an AMAZING map editor. Any kind of game you wanted, somebody made a version of it on AoC's map editor.

I feel like LoL is an super amazing awesome game, but a map editor would make it the super amazing awesome fabulous <insert more good adjectives here> game that it should be

tl;dr
map editor roit pls

TitaniumFoxx

08-06-2012

There is a lot going on at Riot, I'm sure. That said, and added in with expectations and all, it shouldn't be terribly hard to figure out something like IP price reduction. Surely you wouldn't hire one guy just for that. It seems as simple as coming up with an idea of "X champion has been out X amount of time and now gets an IP reduction down to a minimum cap" and then you roll with it and iterate as necessary. This is the view of a lot of people. We don't know how you work there every day. We don't know what actually goes into it but we'd like to.

I think what people want is just more explanation on what you have to do to make a certain piece of content happen or improve it, a more logistical explanation that tells us, "Oh, THAT'S why they can't do that or want to but it takes a while or they are waiting for the right moment."

If any of that makes sense.

Borand

08-06-2012

Reposting this:

Well, since the heads of Riot are here, and since I really want my voice to be heard and my question to be directly answered, I will ask you guys hoping for an answer.

Tryndamere said:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tryndamere View Post
A great example is pricing. We haven't been fully happy with our pricing communication, approach and execution because believe it or not, pricing is not something that receives much attention from most senior people at the company. We're focused on creating awesome - like developing E-sports, building game features, improving our content or intellectual property, building the organization, launching internationally, etc.

Pricing, aside from us saying "let's have the game be free forever and never sell power" has largely been an after thought because our view is that if we create awesome, then our players will reward us. That has held true.

Thus, if we botch the retirement of skins, or don't have enough sales, it is really due to organizational momentum and the lack of real leadership driving a directional change based on your guys feedback. The good news is, for those who care about pricing and those types of things, is that we have real, dedicated leadership here now who can focus on doing a better job of ensuring your needs are better met from that perspective.

Now, that doesn't mean that all skins will now cost 0 IP, or something equally drastic, but what it DOES mean is that there will be a lot more careful consideration, focus and communication with you all about what we're doing there.
Does this mean that we will see more reasonable prices?
And does this only go for RP or IP as well?

I haven't seen a 3150 release for a really long time, heck a 1350. This is extremely annoying as if I want to enjoy the new content, I have to get 6300 IP and spend them on a champ (3-6 quints, or a rune page).

Please answer directly,
1. Will we see champion releases with less than 6300/4800 or not?
2. Will we see price reductions as promised or not?
3. Is there someone now rationalising behind pricing?
4. If we see 6300/4800 lower champs, will they be an exception or will that be a norm as well?

Don't get me wrong, I like this game but this issue is extremely disheartening.

Void Wulord

08-06-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morello View Post
I see - understood. We've had a really hard time supporting other game modes, but the good news isn't we're working on this, we've solved the fundamental problem and now can do what we need to here - actually support them!

Nome is actually personally in charge of TT and Dominion updating, and it's something we're taking seriously. Due to some of the challenges Tryndamere talked about, this is later than we like, but it's something we can actually address now. "We're working on it" from a standpoint of actually working ON it, instead of working on fixing how we do this
Okay about proving grounds. Why was the turret removed? The games end so quickly now and it feels completely one sided once an inhib goes down.

Zaresin

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-06-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morello View Post

So in other words its moved on from the theorizing stage into the design stage...correct?

Burungeru

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-06-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Recrudescent View Post
-1000RP situation wasn't addressed very well, but I don't really care since I wasn't affected.
-Finales Funkeln to Infinite Light to Final Sparkle was addressed. It was a nice way to find a middle ground. Also they changed the name because riot wanted to do something lore related (not that anyone really cares right? WRONG. some people out there still care). Also, your "vast majority of the community" may not be as vast as you think it is. This is a common mistake when only the people who are really passionate respond and QQ all over GD when in actuality they could be as little as 1%-5% of the community while the other 95%-99% doesn't really care about the names and just want to PLAY THE GAME.
-I haven't seen as many threads about nerfing IP gains when compared to the other topics you bring up. As a matter of fact, I haven't seen any threads about nerfing IP gains and I have been regularly visiting GD for a little over a year now.
-Major situations as in what? Broken champions? Server problems?
-Does "LEGITIMATE CONCERNS" mean "major situations"? You are way to vague here. And they will address MAJOR concerns in game. its called "hotfix"
-Bro, you dont need skins to win in this game. It just looks nice. If you want to collect skins and stuff then spend your freakin money and just pay for it. Its a free game to play.
Again, you DON'T HAVE TO HAVE SKINS to be better/have an advantage in this game. If you REALLY, REALLY want something then you pay what you have to.
-Hang on, when did they promise releasing champions UNDER 6300IP again? And they've reduced prices of older ones (though not consistently). But think about it, theres ONE champions released every 1-3 WEEKS. How OFTEN do you want reductions? Every month? Cause if there are 5-6 reductions in price (like in the past) then by the end of one year you will have basically reduced the prices of all the champions in the game at least once. I think that some champions should be expensive.
-Which legendary skins did they remove?
The RP deal is more of a concern because it was addressed, said to be being worked on, then completely ignored and pretended it never existed.

This thread was made before Riot finally addressed the issue, and based on the thread that was made, it can be safely said that an overwhelming majority of the base on GD did not like the change to Infinite Light. The poll was like 5k / 93% for yes or something I believe?

There have been at least two IP nerfs within the last year, and I know I at least have commented on two major ones in the last day. A lot of it has to do with how the IP nerfs have made it harder to get runes. You may not have seen them, but there have been quite a few threads.

I believe one of the issues he may be talking about was skill shots have screwed up for a while. There's also some bugs with Nidalee that may be included.

I think this may be addressing things such as how long it took for the stealth rework to get addressed and delivered, or how things like Karma has been sitting there waiting to see the light of the battlefield for god knows how long.

The skins pricing has to do with the fact that they've constantly been abandoning lower priced ones, while releasing more and more expensive ones like PFE. His price is a complete joke, and I'm sure the sales for it since it was raised are extremely low.

I believe at one point they said they'd continue making ones cheaper, but they also announced that 6300 was now the standard a long while back. The reductions have not been consistent at all, and it kind of became a joke how they went from 6300 - 3150 to 6300 - 4800.

Legendary skins for Corki, Heimer, Cho, TF, Tristana were all set to be legacy skins I believe. This happened two or three weeks ago.

To be honest though, there have been comments about all of these, just not direct answers. The reasons for some of them are like Morello said, there's not an answer yet, so they can't give one. There's also expectations, and the community throws a fit when they're not met - Magma Chamber.

Zelink

08-06-2012

This post will go on for days until the thread dies and is eventually forgotten, i never listen to anything tryndamere says anymore, sure he might be a good guy deep down but as a beta player up until now i can just say this company is lead by greed. There is nothing done for older players much less new players. In over 3 years i have only managed to get myself 3 rune page and often times i have played hardcore for days 10-20 games per day.

Sick of the fake smiles and comments to actually try to remedy a situation that is getting out of hand. The sad thing about this all is that this game is so addictive and i have made so many real life friends here.

But since this community is garbage anyways, il just watch this thread until it blows up like all the rest do.

TheEnygma

08-06-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmy Rustling View Post
Idk how much clearer I can make it than "MAKE SURE WE KNOW IT'S NOT GUARANTEED TO HAPPEN AT ANY POINT IN TIME EVER".

Seriously, if people can't understand even that then I have lost hope for all humanity, forget video games.
Because that's not what this community does, which as your last sentence says, is kinda indicative of LoL's community. Riot does a better job at keeping companies informed about their progress on things, internal matters, champion designs etc. But this community has a habit of either putting words into their mouths, taking everything they hear as truth when, as you said, it's subject to change, or criticize them even when they do say something.

Fishous

08-06-2012

People complain. Riot responds. People continue to complain. Nothing new here.