Announcing the League of Legends Championship Series

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Vashta

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-06-2012

Free HD Stream <3 Riot

RedBeard

VP of eSports

08-06-2012
10 of 31 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZombieRavioli View Post
I am planning the trip with my boyfriend to Los Angeles JUST for this. (10 hour flight D: ) Super excited!!!
I hope we get ticket information soon. I want front row seats :E
Can't wait!
I'm cosplaying Morgana

Edit: Omgosh thanks for answering my question though !!!
ZombieRavioli (great name, by the way) - if you and your bf fly 10 hours to LA next year and it overlaps with one of our live events (have to send me your flight information to prove it), I'll make sure you get two front row seats at one of our live events next year!!

ZombieRavioli

08-06-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedBeard View Post
ZombieRavioli (great name, by the way) - if you and your bf fly 10 hours to LA next year and it overlaps with one of our live events (have to send me your flight information to prove it), I'll make sure you get two front row seats at one of our live events next year!!
Next year? Season Two Championships is Oct 13, 2012.... We're even allotting both the 13th and the 14th in LA just in case it runs on both days.

+(o.o)+ OP!!

I think you're trying to tell me to be super excited for Season 3!!

Surgo

08-06-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedBeard View Post
High quality streaming is one of our main tenants / goals for next year - you can expect a great experience on that front. There are always occasional mishaps that are hard to plan for, but you can expect any lag / streaming issues will be handled quickly and vigilantly
I know there's a lot of factors at play here but, maybe time to take another look at Youtube Live?

RedBeard

VP of eSports

08-06-2012
11 of 31 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZombieRavioli View Post
Next year? Season Two Championships is Oct 13, 2012.... We're even allotting both the 13th and the 14th in LA just in case it runs on both days.

+(o.o)+ OP!!

I think you're trying to tell me to be super excited for Season 3!!
Haha - yes for next year. Tickets will go on sale shortly for this year, and we'll have some very cool swag for everyone attending!

The actual Finals is on the 13th between the top two teams in the world, and the week before (October 4th - 6th) will be the top twelve teams fighting for their shot in the Championship game on the 13th.

But that's Season 2, let's keep this thread focused on Season 3

WexAndywn

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

08-06-2012

...Did The Beard, the old Riot Ambassador, get promoted?

And dye his beard red?

ninbushido

08-06-2012

I like Team SoloMid but also secretly rooting for Dignitas

G0dlyN00b

08-06-2012

Will there be an opportunity for singles without teams to get into the championships?

Darion Mograine

08-06-2012

How does one qualify for the challenger circuit events, and how often will they be held, as they are the only way to participate in the Championship series.

Magus

Director of Esports

08-06-2012
12 of 31 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darion Mograine View Post
How does one qualify for the challenger circuit events, and how often will they be held, as they are the only way to participate in the Championship series.
There will be multiple ways to qualify for the Championship Series. More details will be announced after Season 2 World Championships.