Announcing the League of Legends Championship Series

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

RedBeard

VP of eSports

08-06-2012
3 of 31 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by CLTY PanDa View Post
Do the teams in the Championship Series ever change, or is it just the top 4 in NA and in EU (and the Asian teams) who get to play in the Championship Series throughout the entire Season 3? Seems kinda lame if the season lasts almost a whole year with weekly matches, but only the 4 NA and 4 EU are participating, especially if those top level, salaried teams are also dominating the Challenger Circuit.
Great question - it's actually the top 8 teams in North America and the top 8 teams in Europe, and there will be a promotion/relegation mechanism twice a year to ensure the top teams are in the Championship Series.

KBK Fatality

08-06-2012

Lol this will be fun.

SharkbaitBruhaha

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-06-2012

Its finally almost here. I feel like its been forever since the last one. Also how much longer must I maintain my gold until season 2 is over, I'm getting nervous here!

EBXXIV

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-06-2012

Are there any plans on getting Australia involved in competitive League of Legends?

Systam

08-06-2012

actually looks really good

CLTY PanDa

08-06-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedBeard View Post
Great question - it's actually the top 8 teams in North America and the top 8 teams in Europe, and there will be a promotion/relegation mechanism twice a year to ensure the top teams are in the Championship Series.
Oooo, that makes this sound far more entertaining and well-planned! Will the Season 3 World Championship be composed of only the winners from each region of the Championship Series, or will there be some other ways to get in, like Regional Qualifiers that you can play in if you place high enough on the Challenger Circuit (like Season 2)? Or is that too far off for you to know/tell just yet?

Stormsurgez

08-06-2012

HELL YEs!!!!

Crownface

08-06-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magus View Post
I'm so excited that everyone gets a sneak peek at some of the awesomeness in store for LoL eSports next year. This is going to make the stakes even higher at Gamescom and PAX!
You mean 1/2/2/J every single game forever and ever?

Awesomeness.

kBOoZzY

08-06-2012

This is probably classified information but I want to ask anyway because its going to be hugely important. Will the weekly games be in-studio LAN events, or held online (i.e. teams are on-site in a studio)? NA eSports is still missing the live studio style production value of OGN/GSL/ProLeague, it would be HUGE if Riot can pull this off. Regardless, I am incredibly excited.

MrCerpinTaxt

08-06-2012

ok