A Guide To Tribunal

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

JohnnyOmega

08-02-2012

Added myth #9 to section XIII.

9. Anyone can get suspended because of a report from a recent game within the past few days. - It has been stated by Riot staff that Tribunal cases usually take weeks to resolve, so a recent punishment will be the result of an act of violation that most likely occurred more than a few days ago. Repeat offenders are possibly more likely to be prioritized for case resolution.

JohnnyOmega

08-03-2012

Another reminder for later: Find out how ip reward payments are organized, whether it's automated by individual case or if payments are doled out en masse at specific intervals.

JohnnyOmega

08-03-2012

Over 6000 views as of this post. Woohoo!

Added a new discussion to section XIV.

6. Nidivre, Network Ops Technician, announces the creation of an AFK detection system for match made games. This may reduce Tribunal reporting by only a small amount but that's still a good thing.

http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/....php?t=2428425

JohnnyOmega

08-04-2012

Added myth #10 to section XIII.

10. You can't defend yourself against punishments from Tribunal. - There are two very easy ways to defend yourself against punishment. One is to read this guide to understand what punishable behavior is (so you can avoid behaving the wrong way) and the other is to contact Riot Support to fix your record if you have been wrongfully punished (which is actually quite rare despite the number of complaints one sees on the forum).

JohnnyOmega

08-04-2012

OMG the thread got stickied! O.O

RiotKiddington

Platform Engineer

08-04-2012
1 of 2 Riot Posts

Thanks for the information. Please keep it up to date and accurate and I will keep it stick to top

JohnnyOmega

08-04-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiotKiddington View Post
Thanks for the information. Please keep it up to date and accurate and I will keep it stick to top
I'll do my best to honor the Tribunal, sir.

*salutes*

Attachment 503720

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zileas View Post
If you were AFK a long time during the game, or were disconnected a long time during the game, you could still get hit by leaverbuster as 'effectively' a leaver.
Meanwhile, found something to add to the newly added section XV. LEAVER BUSTER.

JohnnyOmega

08-05-2012

Added another tip to section X.

6. Skip is always a viable choice if it seems hard to judge a case. The case will continue floating until the accused does something more obvious in a future incident or until a Tribunal member with a more experienced eye figures out an accurate verdict.

JohnnyOmega

08-05-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lyte View Post
Hi Gunflame Smurf,

I took a look at your case and your Reform Card. You have been reported in 26% of your games, which is dramatically higher than the rest of the population so it's very clear that players are having consistently negative experiences playing in the same game as you; however, the Tribunal and Reform Card did not pull any extremely toxic games. I'm going to ask WookieCookie and Player Support to take a look at your specific case and see what they think.

In saying this, we're going to start adding % of games reported into Tribunal cases and Reform Cards because it has proven to be a valuable statistic.
I found an interesting recent announcement by Lyte.

RiotKiddington

Platform Engineer

08-05-2012
2 of 2 Riot Posts

This is a good myth to add:
http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/...79365#27879365

Lyte talks about Eve