Ask the Scorpion

1234511 ... 20
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

SandscourgeSkarn

08-05-2012

The Crystal Vanguard waits, his massive pincers tucked against his side while his tail remained ever vigilant. What exactly he waited for was unclear, until he skittered forward and prepared to speak to the small group of onlookers.

He drew a calming breath in, surveying the scene ahead of him in a cool and collected fashion. He was still not entirely accustomed to addressing the various races of this new world, but not so inept as to misspeak, simply wary of how well his messages and story would be received.

Regardless, he stands before them as a proud emissary of his people, having decided to follow in the footsteps of his fellow champions and allow the people their questions. His reasoning was twofold. The primary purpose was to educate anyone curious about the nature of his species and their plight. The second, and perhaps more immediate reason, was to learn the nature of the world which he now inhabited, something foreign and isolating to him.

Finally, he spoke, addressing the crowd in a concise and almost coldly efficient manner.

"Ask your questions, I will answer them as best I can."

palethanatos

08-05-2012

okay, i couldn't leave that as the first question. instead i'll rephrase it into a legitimate question and append the original to the end.

does your species reproduce sexually? do your people understand or employ the concept of monogomous romantic relationships?

[do you have scorpion hoes?]

Ask Fizz

08-05-2012

Skarner, breakfast of champions?

-Fizz

Ask the Megling

08-05-2012

Hey Skarner, what type of crystal(s) does your race bind your essences to?

Enemysbane

08-05-2012

Greetings Skarner,
I understand that you are now considered a champion in the League of Legends. Do you feel that the circumstances surrounding the League matches are too petty for one such as yourself? Why have you started fighting in the League?

-Bran Drayst

Ask the Megling

08-05-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by palethanatos View Post
okay, i couldn't leave that as the first question. instead i'll rephrase it into a legitimate question and append the original to the end.

does your species reproduce sexually? do your people understand or employ the concept of monogomous romantic relationships?

[do you have scorpion hoes?]
((Good boy))

Dear Amumu

08-05-2012

Hey Skarner... have you ever been to Shurima before? And, um... how good are you at excavating?

- The Sad Mummy

SandscourgeSkarn

08-05-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by palethanatos View Post
Does your species reproduce sexually? Do your people understand or employ the concept of monogomous romantic relationships?
The crystalline scorpion is taken aback by the nature of his first question, though he does his best to hide his surprise. He'd not expected so intimate an analysis of his species to come with such haste. Nevertheless, he quickly collects himself and responds.

"Before my people were forced to fuse bodily with our crystals, our race was indeed propagated though biological means. Our forms were much like those of a normal scorpion, save our increased size and strength from the magic of the earth, and so multiplied as they did."

He paused, contemplating his current body and if it would function in a similar method. Truth be told, he had never had the time to father a brood before the fall of his people. He was uncertain of the exact nature of his current form, or if it were even truly necessary. He added to his explanation, touching on a more personal note from his life.

"I would doubt that the crystalline form you see before you would have any use for such things, however. What is more, I have none to whom I could mate in this new world, barring some unknown factor."

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ask Fizz View Post
Skarner, breakfast of champions?

-Fizz
Skarner laughs slightly at the expected question, having assumed it would come first. He turned to the Tidal Trickster with a blank look.

"My current form does not require nourishment, I am sustained by my union with my crystal. Before this was the case, however, we were a predatory race, preying on anthing which we could outfight. Due to our size and strength, there was little we could not choose to feed upon. I was personally fond of ingesting rabbits and foxes."

He continued, explaining why to the tiny amphibian.

"They were much smaller than I, more akin to a snack than a full meal on their own. I became extremely fond of mountain goats as well, when I was journeying to find my own crystal."

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ask the Megling View Post
Hey Skarner, what type of crystal(s) does your race bind your essences to?
The Brackern had expected this question to have come just as fast as it did and was more than prepared to answer it with succinct clarity. He launched into the explanation without hesitation, speaking before he even turned his gaze to his fellow champion.

"Our race journied forth alone to find our own personal crystal. We had known them as Arachia in our time and they meant more to us than our lives. Each Arachia was unique, meant to commune with only one Brackern at a time. They held the strength of this very world within them, as well as centuries of knowledge. To not find one's Arachia was a great dishonor, one I very nearly experienced myself. I was very near to death when I finally found my Arachia."

He looked away, remembering the warmth of that day so long ago, the elation he felt just to lay eyes upon it. Breaking shortly thereafter from his reverie, he continued. The words could easily have been misconstrued as bragging, but they held no hubris.

"The Arachia to which I was bound was of immense power and knowledge, which I was more than happy to share with my race. The amazing knowledge it gave to me was something I wished I could spend all of my time exploring, but other duties and responsibilities kept me from simply losing myself in the past."

He turned back to the Gunner with a smile.

"I thank you for your question. While there are many memories and experiences of my past that leave great gaping wounds upon my heart, my time communing with my Arachia had never been anything but pleasant."

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enemysbane View Post
Greetings Skarner,
I understand that you are now considered a champion in the League of Legends. Do you feel that the circumstances surrounding the League matches are too petty for one such as yourself? Why have you started fighting in the League?

-Bran Drayst
The question was one he had answered for several people before coming here. It was easy for him to simply parrot a previous response.

"The League is not beneath me, nor is its work petty in my eyes. The world as it stands is unfit for my people. However, the work of the Institute seeks to right the grievous wounds inflicted by the Rune Wars of the past. I am a champion because I strive to bring my people back, to give them a world upon which they can exist in peace as they once did. I truly hope that we can coexist with the species that inhabit the world now, Yordles, Humans, everything in between. I believe that they will one day find a way to forego their previous destructive works of magic and know that moderation is key. I hope that they can truly understand the pain they have inflicted on the very earth they walk, the immense suffering they have caused to that which allows them their very lives. I do not seek them to be crushed under the mighty sting of retribution, simply that they understand and move forward."

He closed his eyes while he addressed the man, delivering his grave words with a clear show of his desire for reparation.

"Know that the work of the League and many of the champions that align under it are the culmination of your society and their way of atoning for their wrongdoings. I will remain a champion until their goal changes or it comes to light that there is a more effective way to salve the world's aches."

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dear Amumu View Post
Hey Skarner... have you ever been to Shurima before? And, um... how good are you at excavating?

- The Sad Mummy
Skarner turned once more to address the query of the Yordle mummy. He spoke kindly, knowing that the Yordle was perhaps as alone as he himself.

"I must admit that I am not entirely familiar with the names given to the many regions of... Valoran."

He paused before the word, not one he had used during his time, knowing the earth and soil far more intimately.

"Shurima is a desert, correct? I have found myself there several times, as I am fond of exploring the world and its many regions. The blowing sand is a blessing, buffing my mineralized skin into a shimmering beauty. As for the second part of your question, if I were not skilled at excavation I would likely never have found my way to my wondrous Arachia."

He nodded to the Yordle kindly.

"I trust that has answered your questions, sad one. We are... Similar in ways."

AskCrimsonLord

08-06-2012

Skarner,
What is the relationship between you and Taric, The Gem Knight?

SandscourgeSkarn

08-06-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by AskCrimsonLord View Post
Skarner,
What is the relationship between you and Taric, The Gem Knight?
Skarner turned to the Hemomage quickly, belting out a swift response to put any ugly rumors that may exist to rest now.

"There is not one. I have not spared the time to speak to many of my fellow champions yet. He is counted among them."

The tone was clipped, harsh.

1234511 ... 20