Suspended for leaving, but didn't leave

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

RamboBuddha

08-04-2012

So, I just got this weird message after i clicked the "Continue" screen right after I lost a game. It said something like "this account has been banned for abandoning your team etc."

The only issue is the only game i left was the other day, and it was because the game kept crashing on me, either do to thunderstorms or just buggy iLol stuff. Idk which. I'm a little confused why it banned me just now though, I didn't leave the game while it was in progress I stayed until the end. Riot any help?

Mokai

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-04-2012

This may be a question better suited for the player support team. I'll drop ya a link below.

https://support.leagueoflegends.com/requests/new

Leib Olmai

08-04-2012

You afk'ed in many of your games.

GophTheGreat

08-04-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by RamboBuddha View Post
So, I just got this weird message after i clicked the "Continue" screen right after I lost a game. It said something like "this account has been banned for abandoning your team etc."

The only issue is the only game i left was the other day, and it was because the game kept crashing on me, either do to thunderstorms or just buggy iLol stuff. Idk which. I'm a little confused why it banned me just now though, I didn't leave the game while it was in progress I stayed until the end. Riot any help?
Have you ever gone AFK or idle for an extended period of time?

RamboBuddha

08-04-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leib Olmai View Post
You afk'ed in many of your games.
Nope. if you check the match histories its pretty obvious that i didn't ever afk my games.

Zileas

VP of Game Design

08-04-2012
1 of 1 Riot Posts

Quote:

If you were AFK a long time during the game, or were disconnected a long time during the game, you could still get hit by leaverbuster as 'effectively' a leaver.

Art336

08-05-2012

Quote:

An issue I had once was that I was suspended for finishing a game, lol.
Like, right after I left the game I got the same message so I appealed to the support team for help.

Did everything from offering the Skype logs and legal documents signed by the other two teammates (rl friend and gf) saying NO, I didn't leave the game. I finished it. See, no afk mum. See, my match history says loss instead of leave. See Riot?

Meh, in the end it came down to "Well, it could have been a bug, or every summoner included in the match is lying to us.....we'll just claim the full playerbase is lying to us, suspension for leaving a game that you're proven to not have left sentenced.

Serious note, Lyte stroking his ego about his little Leaverbuster system aside, Leaverbuster will flag you for a demerit point each time you spend 5 or more minutes afk during a game, and any leave (even if you immediately reconnect) is also a demerit. These points are removed at an undisclosed number for each successful time you complete a demerit without leaving or going afk.

The behavior you described (not behavior at all, it's just net issues) is still considered a "toxic effect" by Lyte however....he loves that word to describe his clients whom pay his bills.....toxic...

Redjik

08-05-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Art336 View Post
An issue I had once was that I was suspended for finishing a game, lol.
Like, right after I left the game I got the same message so I appealed to the support team for help.

Did everything from offering the Skype logs and legal documents signed by the other two teammates (rl friend and gf) saying NO, I didn't leave the game. I finished it. See, no afk mum. See, my match history says loss instead of leave. See Riot?

Meh, in the end it came down to "Well, it could have been a bug, or every summoner included in the match is lying to us.....we'll just claim the full playerbase is lying to us, suspension for leaving a game that you're proven to not have left sentenced.

Serious note, Lyte stroking his ego about his little Leaverbuster system aside, Leaverbuster will flag you for a demerit point each time you spend 5 or more minutes afk during a game, and any leave (even if you immediately reconnect) is also a demerit. These points are removed at an undisclosed number for each successful time you complete a demerit without leaving or going afk.

The behavior you described (not behavior at all, it's just net issues) is still considered a "toxic effect" by Lyte however....he loves that word to describe his clients whom pay his bills.....toxic...
Show me your proof of entitlement.