Riot, why do you hate Sunfire Cape so much?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Singed B0t

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-04-2012

Yeah I just randomly threw the HoG transition out there but it really sounds like it would give people more options which is what they always seem to want during the patch previews.

MAKE IT HAPPEN RIOT!

AlphariusRising

08-04-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by TenguSoldier View Post
Blah Blah Randiuns is better blah blah
Yeah, that's why nobody buys sunfire. The AOE damage is basically nothing, so you buy it if you want HP and Armor. You don't spend 2.6k on something that does less damage than caster autoattacks at level 1.

Singed B0t

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-04-2012

The thing is that sunfire does AoE damage so it can potentially hit 5 people, and its damage is faster than the AAs of said casters.

A Metapod

08-04-2012

I miss the days when you could stack sunfires, now that was fun.

AlphariusRising

08-04-2012

Quote:
The thing is that sunfire does AoE damage so it can potentially hit 5 people, and its damage is faster than the AAs of said casters.
Anything that gets compared to Annie right clicking on somebody is negligible damage.

Restore the roar

08-04-2012

agreed

DieHero

08-04-2012

i like SC on tanks, especially in tower diving situations, because of the cape, he pretty much auto agros the tower, so the squishier champs don't.

KROTANK

08-04-2012

Quote:
ARE YOU KIDDING ME?
If anything the AoE damage SHOULD be the reaosn you buy it, but no one does because it is simply not really all that much.

Getting it for HP and Armor is slot ineffective.

Randuins cost=3075 gold.
Sunfire Cape=2610 gold.

Randuins has 30 more armor.
Randuins has 100 less health.
Randuins has 25 HP regen per
Randuins has 5% CDR not too much but its something.
Randuins has a passive that slows both AS and move speed if they hit you
Randuis has an active that does the same in an AoE

All of that for mere 400 more gold.
let alone the fact that you can keep a HoG to make the transition to Randuins much more easily, Sunfire Cape has no such benefit.

So, yes the AoE damage SHOULD be the main reason why people get SC, but it needs to be buffed in order to give an incetive for people to actually build the **** thing.

That or they could replace the Giants Belt for a HoG and increase the cost of upgrading by the difference between HoG and Giants Belt, would make the transition from HoG to SC way smoother.
Excellent post.

In my experience the aoe damage from SC only helps if you stack capes, AND if you're a champ with a dot ability (amumu, singed...). Other than that, SC just seemed like a waste; espeically late game when MR and health is high for all champs; at which point the enemy team ignores tanks because they do almost no damage. I definitely think that SC should be bumped up in damage, or even scale with hp (say, add 1.75% of max HP as magic damage, as an example). This would eliminate the need to stack sunfire capes late game (to make up for a tank's lack of damage), and it would make SC a much more viable build item for tanks.

catwang0

08-04-2012

I love Sunfire Cape.

TigerOctopus

08-05-2012

I like Sunfire cape on shen it helps him push waves faster (because he isn't the greatest farmer)