Riot, why do you hate Sunfire Cape so much?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Singed B0t

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-03-2012

It was nerfed a couple of times ago back when people already thought it wasnt worth getting, the usual argument is that you should simply pick a Randuins if you want armor and HP especially because Randuis has an amazing active, that and many tanky characters usually go Philo HoG meaning they can transition into Randuins more easily than a Sunfire.

So, are there any plans to drag SC a little bit back into the spotlight?
Honestly I think having some added HP on building it or making it do 25-30 true damage woudl fare better as the damage is ratehr negligible when you consider base MR+masteries+runes unless you are amumu.

WORST RUMBLE NA

08-03-2012

;p

Singed B0t

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-04-2012

I am keeping this alive.

AlphariusRising

08-04-2012

It's also good on Mundo sometimes, but yeah, it's not a great item for a lot of champs, unlike Randiun's, which is amazing.

ZOOTHAR

Recruiter

08-04-2012

I don't think sunfire cape should be buffed I mean its bad enough you can't kill a tank but a tank being able to kill you fast is just wrong

Pentakill Jones

08-04-2012

Well on Mundo all it does is help him clear the jungle faster because of the AoE damage, but there are better choices.

AlphariusRising

08-04-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZOOTHAR View Post
I don't think sunfire cape should be buffed I mean its bad enough you can't kill a tank but a tank being able to kill you fast is just wrong
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pentakill Jones View Post
Well on Mundo all it does is help him clear the jungle faster because of the AoE damage, but there are better choices.
You realize it gives you lots of HP and Armor too, right? That's the main appeal, the extra AOE damage is pretty good, but that's not even close to the main reason you buy it.

Singed B0t

08-04-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlphariusRising View Post
You realize it gives you lots of HP and Armor too, right? That's the main appeal, the extra AOE damage is pretty good, but that's not even close to the main reason you buy it.
ARE YOU KIDDING ME?
If anything the AoE damage SHOULD be the reaosn you buy it, but no one does because it is simply not really all that much.

Getting it for HP and Armor is slot ineffective.

Randuins cost=3075 gold.
Sunfire Cape=2610 gold.

Randuins has 30 more armor.
Randuins has 100 less health.
Randuins has 25 HP regen per
Randuins has 5% CDR not too much but its something.
Randuins has a passive that slows both AS and move speed if they hit you
Randuis has an active that does the same in an AoE

All of that for mere 400 more gold.
let alone the fact that you can keep a HoG to make the transition to Randuins much more easily, Sunfire Cape has no such benefit.

So, yes the AoE damage SHOULD be the main reason why people get SC, but it needs to be buffed in order to give an incetive for people to actually build the **** thing.

That or they could replace the Giants Belt for a HoG and increase the cost of upgrading by the difference between HoG and Giants Belt, would make the transition from HoG to SC way smoother.

Maugrymm

08-04-2012

I personally find SC to be a great choice for tanky Champs like Singed and Nautilus, who excel at creating AoE damage as it is. Nothing is more terrible than being constantly circled by a Singed with a SC.

trackmaster

08-04-2012

I like changing it so a HOG transitions into it instead of a giants belt. Options are good.