Zyra bans...

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

jars

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-03-2012

I thought she was up on the pbe

my bad

iMyung

08-03-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aexalven View Post
Good i didnt buy her. She will be ruined now because of QQ on forums.
I bought her and I hope she's toned down a lot.

Morello

Lead Designer

08-03-2012
17 of 17 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eladeus View Post
Teemo.
Is still a niche counter-pick toplane.

I know "calling out one example from Morello" makes you look like the cool kid, but it's probably better if we just have reasonable discussions :P

Puny Ancus

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

08-03-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morello View Post
Is still a niche counter-pick toplane.

I know "calling out one example from Morello" makes you look like the cool kid, but it's probably better if we just have reasonable discussions :P
I've had no luck with Lux. It seems that long range champions just don't do it.
I have been toying with the idea of perhaps Talon to counter her. What do you think about that?

BlazingSalvo

08-03-2012

I counter Zyra with an AD carry mid.
Or Fizz with movement speed quints to step on her seeds. The first Zyra I did this to was actually shocked I kept stepping on her seeds. You even get experience for it (? needs confirmation, not entirely sure).

NoobMagic

08-03-2012

the biggest problem I have with her is her ult is a Knockup and a outrageously massive one at that, to me knockup is the strongest CC in the game. Look at other massive aoe spells, morg stun-merc treads, amumu snare -mercs galio channeled taunt-mercs. Only comparable CC to hers is malphite which is quite strong, hers feels like 2-3 times larger than his.
Yes i know you have time to move, but in teamfights most likely you will get CCd in it.

Afflictid

08-03-2012

Please be careful with nerfing Zyra. She's the first champion in a long time that I absolutely love to play. I understand that she is too strong right now, which is fine. But I want to be able to pick a champion I enjoy in ranked. If you have to nerf anything, I would hit the plant's damage. Nerfing her actual spells will leave her completely dependent on her plants, and we don't want another Heimer on our hands. The plants are awesome, but they shouldn't be dealing THAT much damage. Also, I really don't feel her ultimate is THAT far out of line, specially considering that it is literally her only instant form of damage and the CC can be dodged. Maybe reduce the knockup time.

Also, fix her passive please.

Why did I get downvoted?

Afflictid

08-03-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoobMagic View Post
the biggest problem I have with her is her ult is a Knockup and a outrageously massive one at that, to me knockup is the strongest CC in the game. Look at other massive aoe spells, morg stun-merc treads, amumu snare -mercs galio channeled taunt-mercs. Only comparable CC to hers is malphite which is quite strong, hers feels like 2-3 times larger than his.
Yes i know you have time to move, but in teamfights most likely you will get CCd in it.
Good luck dodging a Malphite ult. And if they can lock all 5 of you down in Zyra's ult for two seconds, then they deserve the knockup. I don't disagree that Zyra is too strong, but I think that stems (HAH) from her plants passively dealing too much damage.

SquirtleLuv

08-03-2012

oh great thanks alot everyone for getting another good champion nerfed to the point where she will be useless instead of crying over this champ why dont u qq over champs that really do deserve nerfs like the alway insta banned kass? or shen? or here is a good nerf for a champ everyone qq's about put a range karth ulti.
if u nerf zyra riot nerf her ap ratios slightly because her plants and the damage combo is high late game and its constant damage from her plants. if u want her to be based around those plants then this is how u do it slightly bring down her abilities power over all extend the life on her plants but allow them to do a little less damage and split her ulti damage into 2 parts its that simple it keeps her fun makes her damage balanced with other champs and allows her to keeep the gameplay that makes her so freaking fun. any other changes and you have officially ruined this champion.

GhostStalker

08-03-2012

I've actually been countering Zyra all day with my favorite champions.

Viktor (He can poke her from afar very hard, and if she is good at dodging the laser, i can destroy her plants and minions at the same time).

Ziggs (He zones her out hard, his harass forces her to lose last hits)

Haven't played any other AP mids against her yet.