Zyra bans...

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Doosfin

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-03-2012

The biggest problem I have with Zyra is the invulnerability her seeds have when she places them.

There's nothing to stop her from just placing a seed right under your feet and activating it.

And if you're going to keep her seeds like this, at least give some sort of indicator for whether or not it's impossible to squish. Right now it's never worth it to take the risk of destroying one of her seeds, because there's no way of telling whether it's still immune to your boots or not.

Morello

Lead Designer

08-03-2012
15 of 17 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warkeiser View Post
I think people saw your headstrong (and sometimes irrational) defense of Zyra in the development stages would mean you would never nerf her and she would remain your pet.
Nah - I don't get married to ideas. I do fight against "it changed and now it sucks," which was more my Zyra thing on art (though I think that was our bad on the teaser art not quite being right).

FEMALE STREAMER

08-03-2012

Zyra had a very nice ass...

Morello

Lead Designer

08-03-2012
16 of 17 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darmikau View Post
What about champions that are fun because they are overpowered, and spike in popularity when they're strong and then dip again when weak? Malphite, Rumble, etc.

More fundamental approach to design looked at in these cases?
Yes - champions whose fun is because of being overpowered aren't applicable here. A lot of the time, this is where we consider reworks.

beYAWNce Stoles

08-03-2012

None of my buds nor I ban her when we do our in house 5v5 customs, on our norm or team accounts. She is strong, but she is easily avoidable with placement...and it's all obvious. I have shut down Zyras as Eve to Nunu just by paying attention and moving. Idk...

bubs

08-03-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glarolar View Post
I feel like i shouldn't even buy newly released champions anymore. I buy talon on release, Nerfed. I buy Fizz on release, Nerfed. I buy Ahri on release, Nerfed, I buy Graves on release, Nerfed (after QQ on forums, and a ton of it). Next i buy darius, Nerfed. Now i buy Zyra, nerfed cause of QQ on forums. Either i'm extremely good at picking if the champ is going to be OP or not, or i'm extremely unlucky. The only champion i bought on release day that wasn't OP was Varus, but people sure made it seem like he was going to be OP.
Talon is bad.
Fizz can be really really really OP if you're good at him.
Ahri is really really really good.
Graves is really really really good.
Zyra will most likely still be really really really good based on her kit.

Bunny Killer

08-03-2012

zyra is like alistar even if you nerf her numbers shes still going to be really strong because of all her utility. she has 2 aoe ccs and a 30% slow all that can be cast from a safe distance. feel free to nerf away shes always going to be a viable pick because of that.

TheHatPerson

08-03-2012

thats such a huge bs, morello, dont lie to us, youve been working for riot long enough to know if a champ is op or not (no need to wait for pro players to told you), i know you cant admit the chinese overlord forces you to release champs at OP state to bring more $$ but to act like you didnt know Zyra is OP... i cant express how insulted i am right now

LMQ Tc weejee

08-03-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morello View Post
Yes - champions whose fun is because of being overpowered aren't applicable here. A lot of the time, this is where we consider reworks.
please stop releasing champions if you are just going to nerf them. spend more time and let the community test them longer.

N0OBPWNr

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-03-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheHatPerson View Post
thats such a huge bs, morello, dont lie to us, youve been working for riot long enough to know if a champ is op or not (no need to wait for pro players to told you), i know you cant admit the chinese overlord forces you to release champs at OP state to bring more $$ but to act like you didnt know Zyra is OP... you can lie to yourself but not the us
This.