Zyra bans...

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Glarolar

08-03-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morello View Post
All those characters are still very viable. What's the problem?
Well, i'm just saying your not giving me many opportunities to gain some free elo :/

crono411

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-03-2012

Morello pls go easy on her I have played her a lot since release and I think the only thing that is truly op on her is her ult. Almost instant damage huge aoe and utility to boot. Also cd on q makes it seem like I am always using it, oh and some bugs with the seeds when champs step on it. hmmmmm nvm nerf bat away

ArbatrazSquizz

08-03-2012

Morello idk what you're talking about, Irelia is an awful champion and she has no place in the game after her nerfs.

^Sarcasm.

Also, Orianna.

That is all.

Belegorm

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-03-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glarolar View Post
I feel like i shouldn't even buy newly released champions anymore. I buy talon on release, Nerfed. I buy Fizz on release, Nerfed. I buy Ahri on release, Nerfed, I buy Graves on release, Nerfed (after QQ on forums, and a ton of it). Next i buy darius, Nerfed. Now i buy Zyra, nerfed cause of QQ on forums. Either i'm extremely good at picking if the champ is going to be OP or not, or i'm extremely unlucky. The only champion i bought on release day that wasn't OP was Varus, but people sure made it seem like he was going to be OP.

A good rule of thumb is to do just that: Not play any new champs. They're either really op at first, or horribly up (these days it's generally really op).

I wait till a few rounds of balance changes then see if their viable. Fizz is still decent, ahri, graves and darius are still really strong (and I see them used all the time).

Varus... well we all know how hybrid chars go

Rentable Player

08-03-2012

Why don't we have the community VOTE on champions to nerf?

Senario

08-03-2012

Zyra always seemed to me like a better Orianna..still gonna keep playing Ori though, she is a ton of fun and not in need of nerfs in the foreseeable future.

Wonder how they could possibly nerf Zyra when her kit is simply good. Its been shown that if a champion's kit is good, they are very hard to make unviable/not really strong with nerfs. One example is Vlad, nerfed a ton of times. Still good at high ELO.

Morello

Lead Designer

08-03-2012
10 of 17 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by TigStripe View Post
Hey, Morello, since you're here...

What WERE you referring to when you said Zyra would bring something the MOBA genre hasn't seen yet?

I'm really curious, especially since every suggestion I've seen has been shot down.
Deployables that transform into unique minions depending on what spell you used to transform them.

I'm certain that's never been done in a MOBA.

plentifulsemin

08-03-2012

hi morello!

Wendek

08-03-2012

Yeah I'll admit she's too stronk, but please be careful with nerfs... she has a really unique and interesting gameplay, don't bring her to pre-buff Orianna level please. (how many months did Ori spend in the "not worth using" tier ? Way too many imo)
Like, don't make it so the plants insta-die or something, that'd be sad.

Verbanderbog

08-03-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morello View Post
We've nerfed almost every champ, most of them multiple times. Somehow, people still use champions in League of Legends!
And yet Trundle is somewhat underwhelming....hmmmmmmmmm