"Attempting to Reconnect"

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Iniquitee

Technical Production Coordinator

08-03-2012
2 of 2 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hepolite View Post

My cousin and I, as well as several people we play with, all have Cable modems, and never use wireless, or routers to play the game. However, when the Attempting to reconnect bug hits, it does interfere with the signal somehow. For instance, if we are on Google Talk, or Skype, the programs go silent. I also have a phone package, and it knocked my phone out too during the problem a few times. Whatever is causing the "Attempting to Reconnect bug," is sending a signal or overloading a package file that interferes with a users ISP. I've called the ISP about the problem, and so have several other people from reading multiple threads on the issue. Everyone's overall conclusion after looking into the problem from their end, is that nothing is wrong, and it is only happening while playing League of Legends.
I will say that VOIP communication programs sometimes force-prioritize their transmissions, which can mean clear chat connections while your game lags. Sometimes this can even contribute to your lag. In the past, I was never able to use Skype because it lagged my connection too much to play online games at the same time - I could only use Ventrilo which was less stressful (now I have better internet).

I'd still like to keep looking into this, though. How often are you seeing this happen? Use Ctrl-F to turn on your FPS/Ping and tell me what you see when this happens - ping spikes? How high? Are you able to recover your connection eventually? When you do, does your game perform as expected?

Any and all details are useful.

Ardnalis

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-03-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iniquitee View Post
Mumble hasn't lagged me one bit. My ping is normal when it happens, within a single bar as is the norm.

Applebottumjeans

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-03-2012

Quote:
I will say that VOIP communication programs sometimes force-prioritize their transmissions, which can mean clear chat connections while your game lags. Sometimes this can even contribute to your lag. In the past, I was never able to use Skype because it lagged my connection too much to play online games at the same time - I could only use Ventrilo which was less stressful (now I have better internet).

I'd still like to keep looking into this, though. How often are you seeing this happen? Use Ctrl-F to turn on your FPS/Ping and tell me what you see when this happens - ping spikes? How high? Are you able to recover your connection eventually? When you do, does your game perform as expected?

I have also had this issue in game along with disconnecting from pvp.net (home menu, chat, store and such). I have submitted a ticket with full logs and posted in the support forums the same as the ticket. When i get the "attempting to reconnect" in game my ping never goes over 90ms with 60fps (vsync on). I am ALWAYS on skype while playing and have had no issues prior to the past 2 months. I have 20mbits/second download and roughtly 1mbit upload speed with TWC.

Typically it will NOT reconnect, i have to shut the game down, manually shut down the process and restart the client. I have removed pando media booster (yesterday) along with disabling P2P at the client startup menu. This did not resolve the issue. 90% of my games end with "waiting for stats" due to disconnecting from pvp.net.

I would like for someone to at least look at my ticket or post on the support forums. I have dumped tons of money into RP for this game and thoroughly enjoy it even with the occasional issues I have. I would enjoy it a lot more if I didnt have to completely relog in at least 1/5 ranked games.

IS1dcd9a4f2ff9a3

08-03-2012

This has happened to me a couple of times in the last few days.

It looks like this:
- The game stops receiving my input - I can see what other people are doing, but cannot do anything myself. Note, that it is not "movement prediction" - because I can clearly see people chain their skills and send messages.
- The "Attempting to reconnect" window appears, but it doesn't reconnect however long I wait.
- When I exit the game and try to Reconnect from PvP.net - it shows the League of Legends logo (as if starting the game client, the one that appears before the loading screen with champion splashes), it sits there for some time, and gets me the error message saying something about my firewall blocking the connection.
- I exit PvP.net, restart, log in, reconnect and it works just fine.

For me the reason may be really simple - my internet (ethernet) cable is not good enough, and somtimes when I move my notebook, I lose connection for some 0.5s-1s.
I do use Skype, but as an IM, not as an VoIP.
The thing that bugs me most of all of this is the unbaility to instantly reconnect from PvP.net really bugs me.

On a related note - when I reconnect I see the team kill score (in the top right) as 0-0, but pressing Tab shows the real team score (at the top)

On an another related note - sometimes after a reconnect (it may have happened once after a normal load, but I'm not sure) I am unable to move. At least I don't see me doing anything, but standing at the base. Learning and using any active skill solves the problem. Flash doesn't.

Fantom7

08-03-2012

I got this too and i was in lan and the players in the ethernet dont have only me in the wifi...

Hepolite

08-03-2012

Quote:

The Skype and/or GoogleTalk have never been a problem for LoL. We have experienced unexplained lag over time on very very very rare ocassion, but it was nearly always LoL related, and patched. Once patched, the lag did not return until LoL was broken yet again by a new champion patch; which has always been hotfix-patched.

Friends and family experience this issue even while not using a chat program of any kind. A few times, I have heard, or read in in-game chat box that Ping went from 60 or less to 23000. I've never experienced this issue. The majority of the time, while cursing and *****ing about the bug (which always includes - 'My bleeping FPS and Ping are bleeping fine!' comments) we always ask if anyone is recording the game. Unfortunately, LoL Recorder has, in the past, caused lag spike issues (lowering FPS to below 40 at times). So, we have all pretty much stopped using it in recent months.

As mentioned in a previous post, my cousin experienced the bug so bad that he was literally disconnected every few minutes, but was always able to reconnect. A couple of friends have experienced this too, and some random people have been disconnected, only to reconnect very late into the game, stating that they were unable to reenter the game until then. I have not yet had the problem quite so bad.

With the latest patch we have had this week, there is now a skill delay lag that people are complaining about as well. This skill delay lag seems to be followed by the "Attempting to Reconnect" bug nearly 100% of the time. The person complaining about the skill delay always disconnects at least once.

Shutting the game down, completely closing the client, restarting the computer, shutting other programs down, wiping misc. **** from the computer, etc. does not help the problem in the least.

Often, if using GoogleTalk, we can tell if the "Attempting to Reconnect" bug is coming, or lingering because GoogleTalk will auto-tune your voice.

Example: Chain of events

1. "I'm frozen; can't move." - Either said on voice chat, or typed in in-game chat.
2. "I'm fine now." - ....A few minutes later;
3. "I'm frozen again; can't move!" - .... Usually, this second time is where you start to auto-tune, and the bug hits. Sometimes you will auto-tune for a second and then chat will be fine. Other times you auto-tune and your ISP connection will be physically interrupted somehow; silencing the chat.

This occurs only during League of Legends game play, and we ARE NOT always using a chat system. Sometimes we just plain do not feel like talking, and want to just play the game.

This only occurs with the League of Legends game. We play Xbox, and various other PC games all on the same Cable modems we use for LoL, and frequently while using Skype and GoogleTalk. We even do all of this plus stream multiple videos and movies at the same time with no interruptions, or slowing down of the connection.

We can be sitting idle with the LoL client open, or browsing LoL shops and other things while we are talking, all the while doing the following above listed things and never receive any trouble.

One final thing I just remembered, it does SOMETIMES seem to be isolated to sections of the map.

For instance -

I was playing mid. WW came in to gank me and lagged. He got the Attempting to Reconnect bug near a wall at the bottom river bush edge. I killed him while he was lagged, and as I ran through the exact spot he was lagged, I too froze and lagged. I started immediately getting the Reconnect bug after that.

This happened again in another game at top lane. I was on Cho'Gath, and the other Cho'Gath lagged in front of his turret and I killed him. When I pressed forward with minions to take the turret, I froze in the exact same spot and began receiving the Reconnect bug. I died from turret aggro.

I don't have proof, it could just be coincidence, but I seem to experience the bug more often on the blue side of the map than the purple, and more frequently near turrets than not.

BattleSmurf

08-03-2012

Same here. Bump. Please fix this, or I wont play anymore.

Toomin

Master Recruiter

08-04-2012

Ive had this for the past week. It isnt my connection as far as i can tell, but it lets me come back into the game immediately with the yellow reconnect button.

TaskForce107

08-04-2012

bump

GalaxyIceAge

08-04-2012

Lots of error