"Attempting to Reconnect"

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Hepolite

08-01-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonJP View Post
my cousin experienced this last night so bad that he literally was disconnected from game every few minutes. I haven't experienced this yet. When it happens to me, I just freeze in place and connect cast spells. Sometimes, I am able to type in chat, but only for a few seconds then I cannot even do that. It's already killed me 5 times today in ranked games, and I'm just sick of the bull. I love this game, but I'm getting so turned off by this bug that I'm starting to not want to play until it's corrected. Losing from stupidity, and afks is one thing, losing to disconnect bug that has not been fixed is another. It just makes the game not fun to play.

Angelfire269

08-01-2012

Sent a support ticket addressing this problem with netlogs and everything. Hopefully I'll get some news back about a fix or something. Bump for dying twice in a bot game to this.

Diverb

08-01-2012

i just now had an issue towards the end of a game .. every single person in my game had an attempting to reconnect issue .. a few second later it happened again and ive been sitting in my game wondering if it would reconnect again .. its been about 15 mins soo far and im afraid if i leave the game before i finish ill get banned or somthing silly

Diverb

08-01-2012

need less to say i was 27-1-12 when this happened .. im a little depressed now .. just reopened the client and im dreading to do another game if this will persist

Hepolite

08-02-2012

Not only is the "Attempting to Reconnect" bug not fixed, but I had a skill delay since new patch. My auto attacks were slow, and if minions died the gold would show up 1 second after, not at the same time of death. Also, I had to spam my summon skills, and champion skills to get them to go off.

When I first tried to join a game, it said I was disconnected for failure to respond, which is not true. Then, when we did load into the champion selection, most of the people appeared to have the "not connected lightning bolt" thing, but they were there.

I played one game, a ranked game just after patch finished installing when I experienced this. It made the game unplayable. I closed the client out completely, restarted the game, and continued to play in the ranked game with no change. We ultimately lost the game. I experienced both, the "Attempting to Reconnect" bug, and the skill delay. It was horrible. There has been numerous post on this, and I haven't seen any response to the "Attempting to Reconnect" bug issue.

I mean, COME ON! WTF RIOT?! Talk to us man.

Now, I just assume not play the game at all for a little while. Skill delay, plus "Attempting to Reconnect" bug. It's more than ridiculous now, it's just stupid.

New Patch made things worse.

Prof Zuhayr

08-02-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by EMeta View Post
Me too. And oddly enough, the game wasn't there when I restarted my client, even though it wasn't near done for either team.

that's exactly what happened to me too

Iniquitee

Technical Production Coordinator

08-03-2012
1 of 2 Riot Posts

Hey folks,

There are several different issues at work here causing the symptoms you are seeing. The bottom line is connectivity issues. You are getting disconnected (temporarily) or the entire game is getting disconnected.

If your game "disappeared" and did not show up in your game history - that sucks and is awful, but don't feel guilty, the same thing happened for everyone else in your match. That was a server issue that we have identified and will be fixing soon. It is rare, but very strange to experience.

The "moonwalking" issue is a strange bug that can sometimes happen when you reconnect. Luckily, we've just tracked it down. It will be getting extensive coverage and then resolution very soon.

Many of your other issues sound like general connectivity issues. Try restarting your router, and if you are on wireless, remember that directly connected internet is always more reliable. Our Player Support team made this great article that might be able to help you:

https://support.leagueoflegends.com/...tency-and-ping

Thanks for your reports!

Sylver

08-03-2012

Same thing happened to me

Hepolite

08-03-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iniquitee View Post
Hey folks,

There are several different issues at work here causing the symptoms you are seeing. The bottom line is connectivity issues. You are getting disconnected (temporarily) or the entire game is getting disconnected.

If your game "disappeared" and did not show up in your game history - that sucks and is awful, but don't feel guilty, the same thing happened for everyone else in your match. That was a server issue that we have identified and will be fixing soon. It is rare, but very strange to experience.

The "moonwalking" issue is a strange bug that can sometimes happen when you reconnect. Luckily, we've just tracked it down. It will be getting extensive coverage and then resolution very soon.

Many of your other issues sound like general connectivity issues. Try restarting your router, and if you are on wireless, remember that directly connected internet is always more reliable. Our Player Support team made this great article that might be able to help you:

https://support.leagueoflegends.com/...tency-and-ping

Thanks for your reports!
Thank you for the replying to this thread Iniquitee; it's apprecaited.

As for the stuff that sounds like connectivity issues, I can offer a little more explanation of what we deal with.

My cousin and I, as well as several people we play with, all have Cable modems, and never use wireless, or routers to play the game. However, when the Attempting to reconnect bug hits, it does interfere with the signal somehow. For instance, if we are on Google Talk, or Skype, the programs go silent. I also have a phone package, and it knocked my phone out too during the problem a few times. Whatever is causing the "Attempting to Reconnect bug," is sending a signal or overloading a package file that interferes with a users ISP. I've called the ISP about the problem, and so have several other people from reading multiple threads on the issue. Everyone's overall conclusion after looking into the problem from their end, is that nothing is wrong, and it is only happening while playing League of Legends.

A few patches ago, Trend Micro users were knocked out from LoL because the LoL launcher had been deemed to have malicious software in it, and the only way to play LoL was to put the quarantined file on the safe list.

Most of us put the file in the safe list, and continue to play the game. However, right about the time of the Jayce patch, the "Attempting to Reconnect" bug started. I, as well as everyone I play with, have never previously experienced this bug until that patch.

During game, FPS and Ping are fine. We never experience the issue playing any other games, or at any other times we use Skype or GoogleTalk while NOT playing LoL. This is definitely a LoL related issue, not a connectivity issue.

Ardnalis

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-03-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iniquitee View Post
If that's true, then why am I able to relay, in real time, what is happening to my freinds on Mumble? I can see the game going on in real time, I can communicate in real time without lag, but the game itself is deciding it doesn't want my input.