I just got banned for hacking

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Hikazz

08-02-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by iGO SoLo View Post
Bump for Hikazz, you're on my friend list. GL bro.
Thanks bro but I just wish I could get a response from a red.

Sathusan

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-02-2012

[CENTER]I have been banned for 200 years too...
Hope they can resolve this, I sent a ticket.
[/CENTER]

eWalcacer

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-02-2012

There's something fishy in here... I don't think all this people are lying about this.

Iniquitee

Technical Production Coordinator

08-02-2012
1 of 9 Riot Posts

Hey Summoners! In our effort to keep League of Legends a fair and fun place to play, we try to find and disable gameplay-affecting hacks and exploits as quickly and thoroughly as possible. We also try to keep hackers out altogether, by detecting and disciplining players who use them to give themselves an unfair advantage over their opponents. We are careful to prevent false positives and our Player Support team listens carefully to try to troubleshoot with players – very often, 3rd party software has hacking functionality tacked on to it, and players don’t know until they’re already banned (so please be careful what you download!).

The bottom line is that we only ban permanently, as in this case, extremely rarely and for the worst of hacks. In this case, the hack attempt we were detecting was one that could make the game unplayable for every other player in a game, while the hacker continued unhindered. We feel that this detection has been successful so far at catching hackers who tried to ruin the games of others, but it is obvious – and we have been looking into this since the first tickets came in yesterday – that we may be getting false reports this time.

Checking the data, there were an unusually high number of players reported this time and this time only, so whatever is causing the false positive (and it is likely another piece of 3rd party software interacting with the game) started doing it recently. For this reason, we will unban the last wave of reports for *this ban only* (approximately 50 people) while an engineer continues to troubleshoot our detection. Luckily, we have very good prevention in place that prevents players from using this hack, so the game will not suffer in the meantime.

We'll continue to suspend anyone attempting to gain an unfair advantage over others. We'll continue to refine our prevention and detection methods as League of Legends grows, but no system is perfect. We'll always be out there listening for players who may have been unfairly targeted to pull you out of the net as soon as possible. Never hesitate to reach out to our awesome Player Support team with any problems you might have with your account.

LivinLikeLarry

08-02-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iniquitee View Post
Hey Summoners! In our effort to keep League of Legends a fair and fun place to play, we try to find and disable gameplay-affecting hacks and exploits as quickly and thoroughly as possible. We also try to keep hackers out altogether, by detecting and disciplining players who use them to give themselves an unfair advantage over their opponents. We are careful to prevent false positives and our Player Support team listens carefully to try to troubleshoot with players – very often, 3rd party software has hacking functionality tacked on to it, and players don’t know until they’re already banned (so please be careful what you download!).

The bottom line is that we only ban permanently, as in this case, extremely rarely and for the worst of hacks. In this case, the hack attempt we were detecting was one that could make the game unplayable for every other player in a game, while the hacker continued unhindered. We feel that this detection has been successful so far at catching hackers who tried to ruin the games of others, but it is obvious – and we have been looking into this since the first tickets came in yesterday – that we may be getting false reports this time.

Checking the data, there were an unusually high number of players reported this time and this time only, so whatever is causing the false positive (and it is likely another piece of 3rd party software interacting with the game) started doing it recently. For this reason, we will unban the last wave of reports for *this ban only* (approximately 50 people) while an engineer continues to troubleshoot our detection. Luckily, we have very good prevention in place that prevents players from using this hack, so the game will not suffer in the meantime.

We'll continue to suspend anyone attempting to gain an unfair advantage over others. We'll continue to refine our prevention and detection methods as League of Legends grows, but no system is perfect. We'll always be out there listening for players who may have been unfairly targeted to pull you out of the net as soon as possible. Never hesitate to reach out to our awesome Player Support team with any problems you might have with your account.
I don't know if the un-banning has happened yet, but I'm still banned. Ticket isn't answered yet either.

Iniquitee

Technical Production Coordinator

08-02-2012
2 of 9 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by LivinLikeLarry View Post
I don't know if the un-banning has happened yet, but I'm still banned. Ticket isn't answered yet either.
It'll be done very soon, hold tight!

Shifu Kang

08-02-2012

Quote:

you should check my game history there is no way i could have hacked i was on a 60% losing spree as of lately

LivinLikeLarry

08-02-2012

Quote:
Thank you. Also, can you give us any more information on what the hack is? Could it have something to do with a Proving Grounds map bug? There was a thread on reddit that said there was a glitch where ultimates refreshed on certain champions. I can't speak for the other people who were banned falsely, but I know in my case I've had it happen to me in a custom game with my friends. Maybe all the accounts were banned automatically because of that?

Zoast

08-02-2012

Quote:
Does this unbanning also apply to EU-NE. Almost 2 months ago I also got banned unrightfully for hacking or using a 3rd party program. I sent multiple tickets and emails to you guys, but I've never been helped properly. I always got that automated message, which just said that your system detected that I used a 3rd party program and that I should read section J of the Terms of Use. I kind of gave up after I spent several days trying to get my account unbanned again, but now I see that I'm not the only one having this problem. So I'm really wondering if this applies only for NA or EUNE/EUW also.

Thanks!

Kid

08-02-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by LivinLikeLarry View Post
Thank you. Also, can you give us any more information on what the hack is? Could it have something to do with a Proving Grounds map bug? There was a thread on reddit that said there was a glitch where ultimates refreshed on certain champions. I can't speak for the other people who were banned falsely, but I know in my case I've had it happen to me in a custom game with my friends. Maybe all the accounts were banned automatically because of that?
I've never had it happen to me, at least not that I know of. I do play a lot of ARAM, but I think I would've noticed and enemy, or teammate using their ultimate twice in a row.