@Riot: The attack speed stat is misleading for new players

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

ZenithZephyr

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-02-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xypherous View Post
Yeah, that's definitely something we should look at when we do a greater hud / item shop rework down the line.

It's a little tricky because it's hard to calculate some unique effects (like Stark's Aura, for example).
I wish there was still a Stark's.

Brackhar

Features Designer

08-02-2012
3 of 3 Riot Posts

Sounds like a good idea, I'll have my team fix it.

Thanks for bringing it up!

Lazreal

08-02-2012

I agree with this, there needs a simpler way of understanding it, like how Boots add movement speed based on such Low numbers such as 1 for basic boots and 2 for most tier 2 ones, but you stats odvious reflect a much more in-depth representation of your MS, a simular can be done with AS

exe3

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-02-2012

I've noticed this in the past and it really is annoying but I disagree with the OP's suggestion to fix it.

The way I see it if I have 1.000 AS and PD give me 55% attack speed I actually think I should be going up to 1.550 AS. The stats should be changed to be more like that imo (obviously item numbers need a full rework seeing as PD doesn't currently get me to 1.550 but 1.350 instead). Unless there's a really good reason to have it based on a percentage of your base AS I feel it should be remade to be an additive stat like everything else.

JJJNigel

08-02-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by exe3 View Post
I've noticed this in the past and it really is annoying but I disagree with the OP's suggestion to fix it.

The way I see it if I have 1.000 AS and PD give me 55% attack speed I actually think I should be going up to 1.550 AS. The stats should be changed to be more like that imo (obviously item numbers need a full rework seeing as PD doesn't currently get me to 1.550 but 1.350 instead). Unless there's a really good reason to have it based on a percentage of your base AS I feel it should be remade to be an additive stat like everything else.
i don't think you quite understood how the stat works. it IS an additive stat like everything else, just made confusing due to two different systems of representing attack speed. what you're suggesting would actually make it totally different (multiplicative).

Cha0sniper

08-03-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by exe3 View Post

That would make it a multiplicative stat, and also insanely OP.

JJJNigel

08-07-2012

bump for the edification of this week's GD forum-goers

Xaephros

08-07-2012

Very well thought out post. Bump.

Somohexual

08-07-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brackhar View Post
Sounds like a good idea, I'll have my team fix it.

Thanks for bringing it up!
You're amazing. :3

JJJNigel

08-14-2012

bump for the week!