Riot will NEVER respond to any thread of importance (and here's why)

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Wu1fy54

08-02-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rejexag View Post
You people might complain and whine about being ignored, but when it comes down to it, Riot's commitment and involvement with the community is still far, far better than other other major gaming company.
For now.

Once they get too big, they won't be able to care as much.

They simply won't have the manpower

Shadeykris

08-02-2012

Lux's Ult - A very vocal minority does not equal "the vast majority of the community".

Blankwave

08-02-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by OH NO ITS LU BU View Post
Nobody on staff should ever be allowed to engage in non-critical discussions on the General Discussion forum. Regardless of their job.
I would 100% disagree with you here. This "playful" nature is a large part of what makes Riot different from other developers. They don't just create the community, they are the community. Yes, there could be a little more acknowledgement of large issues. On the whole, though, the nature of community belonging and responsibility is a huge part of what Riot is, and why I feel like it has to be one of the cooler companies to work for.

Nroberts15

08-02-2012

Going to get downvoted massively I'm guessing but here goes:

1. Show me a company that acknowledges bad PR in a public forum (I don't mean internet forums here, I mean all public forums). I'll wait. If I recall, they said "Hey, we messed up, we are changing to double IP". What more do you want?
2. They gave their reasoning on why they changed it. That's fine if that's not good enough for you but don't say they didn't respond.
3. What do you want them to say? They want to encourage people to buy more RP. Making money helps keep the game running.
4. No specificity in this complaint. Again, companies are not going to publicly comment on a lot of issues.
5. Again, no specificity. From my point of view, I see constant threads talking about upcoming reworks, QoL changes, etc. They aren't going to respond to every single "Darius OP, delete from game" thread.
6. Judging from the amount of people who have PFE, this isn't an issue (although most probably got him at the lower price point). At any rate, and this is likely too advanced for most people here, something is worth what another will pay for it. If skins as a whole sell well, why not up the ante with a really great skin and charge more for it?
7. Don't really know details on this.
8. Don't know details on this. Don't see an issue at all though.

I've been reading these forums for a while, and I think I've gotten to the core of this issue. Riot presents themselves as a player centric company, but because of this, people see them as their buddy next door that they can ask anything to and expect answers. They are a business. I would imagine that the reason a lot of them come on to read the forums is to take a quick break from work. For the most part, their jobs have nothing to do with posting on forums. They keep us updated when they can and that's more than most companies do.

OH NO ITS LU BU

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-02-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wu1fy54 View Post
For now.

Once they get too big, they won't have the manpower.

What.

A Swarm of Koala

08-02-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by TehMightyMidget View Post
Threads that Riot refuses to acknowledge:
Threads about their awful handling of the 1000RP situation
Threads about Finales Funkeln and how a vast majority of the community wants it to stay
Threads about their nerfing of IP gains
Threads about how they ignore major situations
Threads about LEGITIMATE CONCERNS within their game
Threads about RP pricing and how 3k RP for a skin is too much
Threads about how they broke their promise about either releasing champions UNDER 6300IP or reducing the prices of older ones consistently.
Threads about revamping older legendary skins instead of removing them

Threads that Riot will acknowledge frequently:
Can he guess your champion?
I want to play with a Rioter for my ___th win
Who designed ___? He/She's awesome!
When I was level 1...
Let's educate Cleverbot on League of Legends
Threads about new skins (unless they involve pricing)

It's a very common pattern in these forums. People post legitimate threads/petitions about things that the community cares about, and Riot ignores them until the matter dies. I still have yet to see responses to any of these threads:

http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/....php?t=2299430
http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/....php?t=2427060
http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/....php?t=2423722
http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/....php?t=2426946
http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/....php?t=2407582
http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/....php?t=2411066

Sure, Riot occasionally responds to threads like these, but they never say something substantial. They just talk about how "they care about the community," how they "try their best to make the community happy," and other ways of beating around the bush. They haven't addressed anything like this head on.

Take, for example, the Magnificent Twisted Fate situation. Someone posted a thread about how that skin needs to either have its price lowered or be reworked. A red responded, claiming that a rework was on the way. Less than a week later, MTF and several others were taken out of the store. When asked about this situation, they pretty much said "They're legendary, so we can't lower their price. HOWEVER, they aren't good enough to be legendaries." and said nothing else about it. The 1kRP situation is also similar, since they promised a response and THEN DELETED EVERY POST INVOLVING A SOLUTION.

Riot's strategy is Ignore, Deny, Forget. If they leave the community hanging for long enough, we'll forget, and we won't care. Well guess what, Riot. I haven't forgotten, and I do care. I love you guys, Riot, and I want to see you succeed. However, when you show blatant disregard for the community, that's when I get mad.

To further my point, I guaruntee that no Rioter will respond to this thread. If they do, they will not say anything that really answers my complaints, and will CERTAINLY not address any of the threads I posted above.
Don't just upvote this post, please respond. I want to see this on the front page until Riot mans up and responds.
Ever notice how 90% of the reds responding would have absolutely no say on any of those important issues? They respond to things in their area of expertise (ironstylus with art, xyph with champ design and balance), or in areas that don't require any expertise, aka, a "pointless" thread. Trust me, riot responding to anything is a huge upside, I used to play wow, and all you'd hear was crickets from blizzard's end.

Blankwave

08-02-2012

Quote:
For now.

Are you even remotely aware of how big Riot has become in a short period of time? There are companies making far ****tier games that probably gross far less per year that don't have even a modicum of the customer service focus that Riot does. Look at how they handled the extended downtime a while back and show me a company that even comes close to the honesty, hard work, and sense of responsibility that they showed. You won't find that anywhere else right now, guaranteed.

OH NO ITS LU BU

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-02-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blankwave View Post
I would 100% disagree with you here. This "playful" nature is a large part of what makes Riot different from other developers. They don't just create the community, they are the community. Yes, there could be a little more acknowledgement of large issues. On the whole, though, the nature of community belonging and responsibility is a huge part of what Riot is, and why I feel like it has to be one of the cooler companies to work for.
I'm being facetious. I apologize if you actually thought I was some sort of Forum Fascist.

p3qu3no

08-02-2012

From what I've seen as a six month player, Riot doesn't care.

Shadeykris

08-02-2012

Quote:
They never actually respond though. They basically say, "We care, but really we don't because we like money more sorry."

The only rioter who I enjoyed a response from was RioterAmes, that's it.
This is what it comes down to completely. Riot responded but I didn't like what they had to say = they never listen. "Listening to the community" doesn't mean doing whatever any poster says all of the time, ever.