Australian LoL Players

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

MaximumOverload

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-01-2012

http://www.reddit.com/r/leagueoflege...s_your_chance/

UPVOTE AND WE WILL GET THE SERVER!

quite the beard

08-01-2012

None of this matter we be gettin da fastar intranets yo

OrderThruKAOS

08-01-2012

aussie aussie aussie

VandaLoL

08-01-2012

Cassiopeia hates 200 ping =C

Random4 lyf

08-01-2012

I remember back when league wasn't popular in Aus, I had 90~ ping, and since Telstra ****ed us again while the ping increasing about 110-130 in 2 years .-.

OMG Turtle

08-01-2012

I'd love to be able to compare the 20ms to 180ms to see if it does make a difference in my ELO. I know in FPS it makes a noticeable difference but other than skill shots, this game doesn't seem so reaction based.
One day I might get the opportunity to see the difference, flying to America or our own server.

I would love an Australian server regardless. For me, it would require an account transfer to swap over though. I think set it up where it costs say 500RP to swap over, that is what, $4 or so? If say 100k people do that, that's 400k, that pays for the server. Lower expectations, and 30k people pay to swap, that's now 120k to pay for server, still enough I would guess. I think it's a good way for Riot to recoup the costs and introduce eSports, to AU as we'd have a far better competition in ranked. Especially if the top NA players jump over to play on AU, it'd be good to see what ping does for them. This would also boost AU representation in tournaments hopefully.

quite the beard

08-01-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Random4 lyf View Post
I remember back when league wasn't popular in Aus, I had 90~ ping, and since Telstra ****ed us again while the ping increasing about 110-130 in 2 years .-.
nice lie ******.

Eastwood101

08-01-2012

bump

ClericalError

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-01-2012

I live in Darwin, NT Australia, and I've never seen my ping below 220. I'm in a permanent state of "amber colour" status. As a full time jungler it's created it's own meta of champions that are viable to someone like myself, compared to the 20 - 100 ping Summoners.

Lee Sin is right out, Karthus (while some would say is a troll jungler anyway) is not even close to possible against any kind of counter jungling and to some extent without, Warwick's bloodscent taking that extra 1/5th of a second to go off can mean the difference between a successful ult/kill and none, etc.

Even the champion I'm the most skilled with (Tryndamere) has his issues. I have chosen Tryndamere by no accident. A lot of people in the low Elo bracket have been complaining that he is OP since beta; but in Australian only matches he is probably one of the best picks. I want you all to consider for a moment his ultimate. 5 seconds of not being dead while maintaining your ability to auto attack and chase the enemy carry. This ultimate is less effective on Australian's pings when compared to the lower areas because I have to pre-empt the incoming damage, rather than REACT to the incoming damage. Spin in, right click on the carry, wait a second, Endless Rage if I have taken any damage or CC.

If I were in California I could wait to see if they get through my 2000hp before hitting my ultimate and tear them apart for the full 5 seconds. But on my ping I need to hit it before to ensure I don't spin, die, then figure out what happened by reading the death recap.

However, when fighting other Australians, this ultimate is even better. Because when I spin in, they're probably already reacting to it, but it'll be 1/5th a second before they react, and then a further 1/5th of a second before they successfully cast any spells or attacks at me. However, I need to hit the Ultimate 1/5th of a second before the spells land on me and insta-gib my squishy anti-carry. However, they're still casting spells at me 2/5th of a second after I've hit my ult and are wasting their precious damage on me. Allowing me to shred Vayne into tiny pieces.

I hope my little example from personal experience gives you a general idea of how DIFFERENT the game is from our perspective, how such latency issues cause a different meta / game style of their own. Hell, I'm not sure I could even last hit with Karthus's Lay Waste (Q) on 20 Latency, I am so used to compensating for the latency.

pieceofpecanpie

08-01-2012

If you asked me a year ago I would've said no to joining an aus server...

However, it'd be a good thing for competitive play, and I'm feeling more interested in that these days. I hope it happens eventually. Initially queues could be a problem for higher elo, but that would balance out in time.