Champion Bio Updates

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Vulking

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

07-31-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by kitae View Post
Our shadow isles champions will be getting more information that explains their connection.

*Edit* possibly not every champion, but overall that is what we intend to do
May I ask why not every Shadow Isles champ? you only have 4 Shadow Isles representatives and only 2 of them are not listed as Shadow Isles champs after their first lore rewrite.

EDIT: Also, Morde knowing about Hecarim in his lore would be awesome, I know after the Hecarim AMA that he and Morde may know each other and have different goals and clashing objectives.

Fell14043

07-31-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vulking View Post
However I would gladly take a few tweaks in some champs, like for example put again on Morde and Eve lore that they come from the Shadow Isles like Yorick and Hecarim (you know, War, Death, Pestilence and Famine)
You do realize that there is no Pestilence, right?

The Four Horsemen are Conquest- the rider of the White Horse, War- the rider of the Red Horse, Famine- the rider of the Black Horse, and Death- the rider of the Pale (or Green) Horse.

Clockworksummonr

07-31-2012

Okay; I have a question.

Will we be getting more info about the shadow isles champs? I kinda hate reading a lore like hec's and seeing how this champion is so epic then reading.

'While Hecarim's origin and intent are still a mystery'

It is the type of thing you read in bad Roleplays when people get too lazy and take the easy way out. I feel like I know more about the commander than I do Hecarim, and its Hecarim's lore... No offense to you guys at Riot but I don't find the lore satisfying to read when all I read is how awesome they are but nothing about their origin.

So on those champs that have that kind of 'mysterious' origin are we going to get at least a little more detail or are we still going to be left in the dust?

P.S. Only once or twice in a blue moon does leaving a characters lore a mystery work like how it does with Jax. Hecarim has nothing to keep the players guessing on what his origin is other than 'he is from the shadow isles and he killed alot of people.

EDIT: if you want to add connections why not make Mordekaiser a general and Hecarim a calvaryman in that same army? I just read both lores and it seems possible and relatively easy to link them both together but after reading a red post on 'they have the same goal but disagree on the methods.' it is kind of dissapointing to have so many demacian and noxian champions lore's connected but the only 4 shadow isles champs are all neglecting each other..

Noxian Drunk

Recruiter

07-31-2012

I think this will be... interesting to say the least. I'm lookin forward to seeing what you guys come up with, unless its Katarina and Garen 2gether4evrrrrr nonsense... seriously stupid. Anybody THAT involved and dedicated to their city-state/military/whatever will ALWAYS put duty before anything else and probably bear nothing but hostility of whichever sort to the perceived enemy. (lol can you tell I think the romeo/juliet styled romances are dumb? :P ))

Eruresto

07-31-2012

I am cautiously optimistic. I have to say that I liked a lot of the older bios because they were all intertwined. Recent ones seem, at least to me, more cookie cutter with one champion standing in as the released one's nemesis.

Panzerfaust

Emissary of the League

07-31-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fell14043 View Post
You do realize that there is no Pestilence, right?

The Four Horsemen are Conquest- the rider of the White Horse, War- the rider of the Red Horse, Famine- the rider of the Black Horse, and Death- the rider of the Pale (or Green) Horse.
While not strictly canon, Pestilence is a widely accepted (or at least used) interpretation of the fourth horseman iirc.

BuzzJack

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

07-31-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by kitae View Post
Mord is definitely from the shadow isles.
THANK YOU for confirming this.

Bowieneko

07-31-2012

Will the relationship between the ninja triumvirate be explained more? The current bio just says their history and then tacks on "oh and they know each other too."

Captain Bird

07-31-2012

You know what? I'm okay with Brand and Nocturne and the like being let out. However! Please keep Fiddlesticks in his tower. That dude will bring doom upon the land should be be released. I'm perfectly content with where he is, and I think everyone else is as well.

kitae

Lead Designer

07-31-2012
5 of 19 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vulking View Post
May I ask why not every Shadow Isles champ? you only have 4 Shadow Isles representatives and only 2 of them are not listed as Shadow Isles champs after their first lore rewrite.

EDIT: Also, Morde knowing about Hecarim in his lore would be awesome, I know after the Hecarim AMA that he and Morde may know each other and have different goals and clashing objectives.
We're going to do what's best for the champion, in most cases that will involve explaining their relationship with the shadow isles but I'm not 100% sure that will happen in every case.

Overall you guys are going to get more information!