Why TT "turtling" is NOT broken.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Eryn

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

07-30-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zan Vorez View Post
Blue laser? Look, I love turtling and making a come back as much as the next guy, but if you guys can't realize that this is not the design Riot had in mind when they made this map, then you're not being very realistic.
My apologies, I didn't realize you oversaw the implementation of League of Legends and the Twisted Treeline, and as such you understand exactly what Riot had in mind when they created TT.

OnlyBotLane

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

07-30-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zan Vorez View Post
1. Blue laser? Look, I love turtling and making a come back as much as the next guy, but if you guys can't realize that this is not the design Riot had in mind when they made this map, then you're not being very realistic.

2. 3v3 was not intended to be a smaller version of 5v5, with long game times and heavily strategic gameplay based around turtling and pushing at proper times. Much like how dominion's strategy is to control effectively a majority of points, TT is meant for quick gameplay with ganks and pushing.

3. The way I see it, destroying an inhib in SR only serves to help you, whereas in TT it pretty much spells out defeat if you do it too soon.

4. The way the spawn turrets and fountain are set up, it's pretty easy to see why turtling has become such a beloved strategy... but again, it's not what Riot had in mind when they designed it.

5. Instead of relying on actualy early game skill, players can essentially let their base be partially destroyed in exchange for quick experience and gold within the safe confines of your base.
1. What E1C said.

2. See number 3 for why number 2 is a stupid statement. You clearly do not think they are the same unless it suits the argument you are trying to make.

3.^

4. It isn't a beloved strategy. Most good teams would never let you turtle on TT or punish you for turtling. This has been discussed extensively and teh conclusion was that yes you can do it but no it isn't a viable strategy and unless the people you are playing against suck you will probaby will lose (especially if your plan was to turtle from the start)

5. 3v3 is based around the early game, jungle control and early ganking to deny this is you just being silly for the sake of an argument. If a team gets the first two dragons they will almost certainly win the game even on even kills unless a)they mess up really badly or they b) got totally outpicked.

I have hundreds of replays where I can show this and I'm sure almost everyone else does too. If you have any replays that display a team losing where they didn't get outpicked, dominated early game and didn't mess up feel free to share them. You'll need pretty substantial evidence though as all of us together probably have 1000s of replays disproving this.

Dokmazing

07-30-2012

taking the inhib will always be a risk if you take the inhib YOU must kill the nexus turret at the least otherwise you'll more than likely lose

Xogo

07-30-2012

The people who complain about turtling on TT are Darius Yi Xin and Tryn who get mad because they get kited, pulled, knocked, or (Yes I'm looking at you Singed) Flinged into the fountain and get aced. They complain because they have bad placement and blame it on the game.

copeman

07-31-2012

If you cant win a 3v3 because the other team is "turtling" you clearly suck at 3s. There are many ways to get past it. Get better at 3s

grogster

07-31-2012

Turtling is fine. It's the placement of the fountain that is broken. It's ridiculous that you can so easily kite and entire wave of superminions into the fountain to their death, not to mention a thousand other exploits with the proximity of the fountain.

All I see in this post is "the map is the way it is, therefore it is the way it should be." A strange form of just-world fallacy. Just because something IS, doesn't mean it couldn't be better. I know people have been *****ing for years about this, but that doesn't make it any less true. Move the fountain back a few paces and this map is 1000 times more fun.

Shadeykris

07-31-2012

The only thing problematic with the fountain laser range is that it is different for each side. I don't care which range they use, but they need to fix it so they are both the same.

butseps

07-31-2012

A game has to be fun and not lame at all levels of play, not just at the level cap.

OnlyBotLane

07-31-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by butseps View Post
A game has to be fun and not lame at all levels of play, not just at the level cap.
No game is like this. Chess is not fun for everyone and has been played for centuries.

Koldheartedjsp

07-31-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by butseps View Post
with this logic losing should be abolished