Stuck in ELO Hell? Need pointers/help?

12345612 ... 13
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

moonway

07-31-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ackeu View Post
Hey Im pro with lee sin add my ign and we can discuss
/facepalm

cyxrus

07-31-2012

My 3 best champs are Mordekaiser, Gangplank, and Brand.I believe I am most consistent with Brand, but getting mid lane isn't very easy because of the randomness of where you will be in the queue. Do you believe Gangplank is stronger top or jungle, and what are some general pointers you have to get out of "elo hell", because the game is very streaky. I'll go from winning 6 games in a row to losing 12.

Hirumonogatari

07-31-2012

very interested. will send message in game to both of you.

Cardd

07-31-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyxrus View Post
My 3 best champs are Mordekaiser, Gangplank, and Brand.I believe I am most consistent with Brand, but getting mid lane isn't very easy because of the randomness of where you will be in the queue. Do you believe Gangplank is stronger top or jungle, and what are some general pointers you have to get out of "elo hell", because the game is very streaky. I'll go from winning 6 games in a row to losing 12.
I'm just a lowly 1100 player but I feel like GP is a weak jungle, I'd say stick to top lane with him.

C00LST0RYBR0

07-31-2012

http://www.leaguereplays.com/replays/match/664874/

This game nobody would have won. Even a 2900 elo player can't win 1v5 as a melee jungler. Yes, I could not have died, but that didn't really change anything.

It's very simple. If your mid counterpicks himself, your bot is half the CS of the enemy and feeds all game, there's just nothing that can be done, unless the enemies are complete morons. It's just not possible to win with half the gold with below average players by yourself, no matter how good you are.

Just trying to point out that you simply cannot win 20-30% of the games. You can however win the others.

----

Solo Q isn't about gameplay skill really. It's about your ability to win games with bad odds and with any means necessary, no matter what idiot teammates you shall recieve. So whatever makes you win is good. I hardly ever feed (like players you see here), or have bad scores that are cleary my fault. I think there is 1 game I've ever had over 9 death in the past 500 games or so. But that doesn't matter. Score doesn't matter either, really. I'm matched with people that don't get how this game works at all. If top gets camped and you die they blame you. Getting camped isn't your fault, your team needs to react by punishing the enemy for this, do dragon, puhs, gank or whatever. If they don't, well, your options are very limited. The only thing that matters is that you somehow win. And obviously I can't, otherwise I'd be higher elo.

There isn't really an elo hell, but elo doesn't have much to do with game knowledge or skill of the game itself. It's just your ability to win. I have plenty of game knowledge (math, mechanics, etc), that's not the reason I can't win. I just can't carry idiots. It's a flaw, I know. Maybe it's my subconsciousness, that wants them to lose.

C00LST0RYBR0

07-31-2012

http://www.leaguereplays.com/replays/match/665043/

Here is another one, which was right after the last one. Absolutely unwinnable.
I kinda wish Riot found a way to implement score based elo loss, because obviously I'd be alot higher up then these guys.

moonway

07-31-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cardd View Post
I'm just a lowly 1100 player but I feel like GP is a weak jungle, I'd say stick to top lane with him.
^ what he said.

moonway

07-31-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyxrus View Post
You just have to be very consistent and always win your lane. I can't really give general pointers because everyone has certain flaws that some people do not have. I'd love if you could send me a replay though!

Ray2Saucy

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

07-31-2012

nice guys finish last sadly

cyxrus

07-31-2012

I feel stupid but I don't know how to send replays. I don't know why I click so well with GP. I love his W and his "cheap" Q. Brand I feel like anyone can be good with and Morde I think is just a strong champ.

12345612 ... 13