Please review my case and emit your Opinion

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

NoobMascot

Senior Member

07-30-2012

i had such a laugh reading through those 2 incidents and that twitch score was funny


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

GunflameSmurf

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

07-30-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by BelligerentGnu View Post
This is bizarre - I would have absolutely pardoned you on this one. I've never seen such a non-offensive case.

Also, props for using 'emit' correctly, although it's a darned weird word in the circumstances.
While I'm "fluent" in english, it is not my first language. This is the reason why I ocassionally make mistakes or have strange word choices in some of my posts.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

BelligerentGnu

Senior Member

07-30-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by GunflameSmurf View Post
While I'm "fluent" in english, it is not my first language. This is the reason why I ocassionally make mistakes or have strange word choices in some of my posts.
Oh, ok, no problem. Emit sort of means "something comes out of something". So, sounds emit from speakers, light emits from a lightbulb, that sort of thing. Technically, words emit from mouths, so the word is correct in that sentence.

That said, you would more often see phrases like "please post a response" or "please respond" in this case. "Please tell me your opinion" or "please give your opinion" would also work.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

GunflameSmurf

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

07-30-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by BelligerentGnu View Post
Oh, ok, no problem. Emit sort of means "something comes out of something". So, sounds emit from speakers, light emits from a lightbulb, that sort of thing. Technically, words emit from mouths, so the word is correct in that sentence.

That said, you would more often see phrases like "please post a response" or "please respond" in this case. "Please tell me your opinion" or "please give your opinion" would also work.
Will do...


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Alex3omg

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

07-30-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by WookieeCookie View Post
GunflameSmurf,

We were asked to review the matches in your case. After review, we agreed that there wasn’t any particular toxic behavior in this case. As such, we’ve gone ahead and lifted the suspension given. You’ll now be able to log-in and play.

However, missing from the case is some additional context. As Lyte mentioned, you’ve been reported in over 26% of the matches you’ve played in since your last suspension. This is actually pretty high compared to the “average” League of Legends player and is almost always indicative of some form of toxic play.

There is some light in this statistic though, because after reviewing your games it looks like you have made some movement towards being a less toxic force in your games. Many of the reports in the 60 or so days following your previous suspension highlights a refusal to work with your team in matches, especially in ranked play. When you felt disrespected by your team you would often turn to different methods to troll them in game rather than work with them as a team.

These reports were very consistent across the games you played following your suspension, putting you back on the Tribunal’s radar.

What is the average % of reports, actually? Could you for example tell me mine? I'm kind of curious...


eta- but don't ban me bro


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Epichuntarz

Senior Member

07-30-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by WookieeCookie View Post
GunflameSmurf,

We were asked to review the matches in your case. After review, we agreed that there wasn’t any particular toxic behavior in this case. As such, we’ve gone ahead and lifted the suspension given. You’ll now be able to log-in and play.

However, missing from the case is some additional context. As Lyte mentioned, you’ve been reported in over 26% of the matches you’ve played in since your last suspension. This is actually pretty high compared to the “average” League of Legends player and is almost always indicative of some form of toxic play.

There is some light in this statistic though, because after reviewing your games it looks like you have made some movement towards being a less toxic force in your games. Many of the reports in the 60 or so days following your previous suspension highlights a refusal to work with your team in matches, especially in ranked play. When you felt disrespected by your team you would often turn to different methods to troll them in game rather than work with them as a team.

These reports were very consistent across the games you played following your suspension, putting you back on the Tribunal’s radar.
If he's been reported in 26% of the games, but hasn't yet been suspended, he's been pardoned A LOT.

Given the fact that you agree that THESE CASES he's presented aren't "toxic" enough to warrant a suspension I disagree with adding % of games reported into the report card. It presents the possibility that people are just going to hit punish because "hey, that guy's been reported a lot, so he must deserve a punishment."

Punish a case on its own merit, not past actions. That's REALLY important.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Ulanopo

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

07-30-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Epichuntarz View Post
If he's been reported in 26% of the games, but hasn't yet been suspended, he's been pardoned A LOT.

Given the fact that you agree that THESE CASES he's presented aren't "toxic" enough to warrant a suspension I disagree with adding % of games reported into the report card. It presents the possibility that people are just going to hit punish because "hey, that guy's been reported a lot, so he must deserve a punishment."

Punish a case on its own merit, not past actions. That's REALLY important.
He might not have been pardoned. It might simply have taken that long for him to hit the threshold to trigger a case. I would rather they upped the number of "incidents" back to 10 so that we can actually see the behavior, instead of having to guess at it.

I do agree with you, however, that even if they don't give us an average, we'll be able to get a sense of what it is simply by doing enough cases. At that point, it will end up being highly prejudicial.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

GunflameSmurf

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

07-30-2012

If it is added to the REPORT CARDS...and NOT to the TRIBUNAL JUDGEMENTS I think It would be a good addition.

I was not really expected to be reported that much. Again I'm not doing anything wrong but if I had known I was being reported that much I could've changed a few things sooner


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Shiister

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

07-30-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by GunflameSmurf View Post
If it is added to the REPORT CARDS...and NOT to the TRIBUNAL JUDGEMENTS I think It would be a good addition.

I was not really expected to be reported that much. Again I'm not doing anything wrong but if I had known I was being reported that much I could've changed a few things sooner
Why would you change your behavior if you know you was being reported that much? You know your behavior wasn't acceptable, you just didn't want to change it. In my opinion, Riot is wrong in lifting your suspension. You didn't want to play with your team, when you thought they was "trolling you" hence why you was reported in the 2 cases.Only thing Riot really done is condone your actions and give you a inflated ego that "I'm not toxic nor have I even been toxic".


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Lyte

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Lead Social Systems Designer

Follow RiotLyte on Twitter

07-30-2012
3 of 5 Riot Posts

I'd tone the attitude down a bit Gunflame Smurf. As we mentioned, your behavior was inappropriate but the community voted on the evidence provided to them and agreed you should be pardoned for this specific case. We empower the community to make decisions like this, so we overturned the case--this does not mean your behavior is perfect and you don't have to change.

I've looked beyond the case and if you do not curb your behavior or make a serious attempt to improve, you'll probably be punished in your next Tribunal trip.