Random Minimize

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

tilemover

11-12-2009

Kinda annoying. Randomly minimizing to desktop while playing. No background programs or excessive windows processes. Any thoughts?

yyninja

11-12-2009

I kept having this too. Never happened before until this recent patch. I THINK, not sure that it has to do with right clicking too fast.

ArmiesofZNight

Associate Producer

11-13-2009
1 of 1 Riot Posts

What operating system are you on? We're trying to narrow it down, but it happens extremely randomly.

Bragon

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-14-2009

My OS is Vista. It seems to be really rare. This issue has occurred on all three of the games I have played since the patch. I'd say about 3 times a game. Unlike what was stated above, I had this happen anytime. It has occurred during the loading screen even and happens when I was not clicking. It also might be helpful to know that I'm running on dual-screen. My laptop res is at 1440x900 and my CRT is at 1600x1200. The game is running on the CRT my primary monitor and I always have firefox running on my lappy screen. The mouse I'm using is a high dpi laser. I know a lot of this information is useless but work in QA too and I know how "random" these issues can get.

Here are my secs.
Operating System: Windows Vista™ Home Premium (6.0, Build 6002) Service Pack 2 (6002.vistasp2_gdr.090803-2339)
Language: English (Regional Setting: English)
System Manufacturer: Hewlett-Packard
System Model: HP Pavilion dv7 Notebook PC
BIOS: Default System BIOS
Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Duo CPU P8600 @ 2.40GHz (2 CPUs), ~2.4GHz
Memory: 6110MB RAM
Page File: 2142MB used, 10248MB available
Windows Dir: C:\Windows
DirectX Version: DirectX 11
DX Setup Parameters: Not found
DxDiag Version: 7.00.6002.18107 32bit Unicode

P.s. Minion blocking bug is way worse! Fix that one first please :P Guys are doing a great job

yyninja

11-14-2009

I think I figured out what's causing the random minimizing because it started happening with any game I played.

The most recent update for AVG 9.0 Free is causing random alt-tabs to desktop every 30 minutes. The AVG team knows the problem, but so far it isn't fixed yet.

The best solution is to wait until they find a patch to the issue. Or if it is too troublesome, you can uninstall AVG Free 9.0 and find another anti-virus software.

tilemover

11-15-2009

I too have AVG 9.0. That's gotta be it. I'm gonna uninstall it ASAP.

Masked Albatross

04-17-2010

im having this problem to now, on vista and dont have vga

BoogiepopPhantom

05-20-2010

I get this problem as well. It minimizes randomly every 1 to 5 minutes during a game. It wasn't happening 2 days ago. (there was no LOL patch between the time it was working and when the problem started)

I use firefox and I have the paid for version of AVG 9.0 version 9.0.819
I did not have firefox running during the game.
I am using Windows XP SP3
Nvidia Geforce 8500 gt card.
The only programs running were LOL and in the toolbar I have Asus gamer osd (for the graphics card) and Nvidia settings (also graphics card) These have not changed in the last several months. And AVG.

No other programs were running at the time ( I restarted my computer during the game and it didn't fix anything.)

I have noticed recently that when typing in anything (web browser or open office) I will lose focus frequently at about the same frequency as the LOL game minimizes. (application is no longer selected, curser goes away and title bar goes grey) This would appear to be related as it is similar to the other problem. Could losing focus be causing LOL to minimize? A similar effect would occur by just clicking on the desktop.

I don't think it is caused by right clicking, but I'll try it out to see.

BoogiepopPhantom

05-21-2010

Ok, I found something that might be causing this.

I opened 2 windows on my computer so that when I alt tab I get an on screen display that lets me cycle through the running programs. Then waited till my computer lost focus from the main window (or LOL minimizing), then I used alt-tab to bring up the on screen display of running programs, and what do you know? there was a third program, and by alt tabbing I finally was able to see which program it was.

The program was running updates in the background, but the updates were failing due to my isp's proxy settings, so it would just keep trying every few minutes. Since it was a background process it would never show a window, and since it would quickly close itself you have to be fast to alt tab and see what it is.

You guys can try using the alt tab trick to find what program is opening itself and stealing focus/causing LOL to minimize.

Once I disabled that program in startup my problems appear to be gone.

The program in question was the Open DNS updater, but it could be something else for you guys.

Jennersen7

10-14-2010

After this recent patch, my game will unexpectedly minimize about five or more times each game. I use Windows 7 64 bit and McAfee Total Protection. I am not entirely sure, but I think it is caused by a McAfee virus scan running in the background, as it hasn't minimized when McAfee isn't scanning, but I'm not sure since I've been scanning a lot because I got an adware on my computer around the time of the patch. I think that this is similar to BoogiepopPhantom's idea. Also, every now and then when I'm in the lobby, a window randomly shows up saying "Session Closed," and when I click OK it closes, followed by a notification of a script error. Any ideas?