Experiment -- Players will now receive details about their Tribunal cases

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Koronisz

07-30-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Epok2 View Post
Hello,
I can tell you I've seen that about 2 or 3 times on a total of 50 cases approx. Why would I lie ? I'll note the case number if I see that again. Most of the time one or two games were from 2011, the others from a few months ago. No recent (<1 month) games were shown.

Also Lyte It'd be cool if we could filter the chat to show the reported guy only. Retaliation isn't ok and someone who is talking back in a bad manner is still further impacting the experience of the positive players. When I see '**** you *****' I know the guy deserves to be punished whatever someone said before. This would only be an option. What do you think ?
People like you being in the tribunal is the exact reason why the system is a huge joke. You're suppose to be judging people's behavior in regards to the context.

Did you even think before posting that? They can make a ****ing game but they can't write a script to catch foul language ?

Stay out of it please and we're sorry if we offend your virgin ears with our mature talk. Go ahead and click on the international news section one day, you'll see the world does not revolve around pink ponies and unicorns.

Kinvaras666

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

07-30-2012

hey Lyte

any word on why some cards shows punishment as "none"?

those people actually got punished or what?

Purgatory Ace

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

07-30-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kinvaras666 View Post
hey Lyte

any word on why some cards shows punishment as "none"?

those people actually got punished or what?
I think he answered this in a different forum thread. It's a bug. If it says punish then they at the very least sent them a warning.

Kinvaras666

07-30-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by ace42487 View Post
I think he answered this in a different forum thread. It's a bug. If it says punish then they at the very least sent them a warning.
yes I asked that in other thread, he said it "could" be a bug and he would look into it.

but I am still wondering if those people actually got any kind of punishment and only their cards is broken or if the bug is that they actually didn't get punished when they should have been, that would be a pretty serious issue that worries me.

anyway

@Lyte, I had an idea earlier, so like, we have this 15 cases-a-day limit (not sure why), maybe we could have this limit brought up as we vote in the tribunal and become more credible judges

The more we used (and helped) the tribunal, the more we would be allowed to vote.

That sure is a kind of reward only the "right kind of voters" would be interested in, and that would be only given to them.

one last question if I can, why does the tribunal get in "Recess" what does it means?
It is the tribunal itself that is not enabled (for anyone), or it is for some specific reason that I am not able to use it at the moment? It is really frustrating not being able to vote when I actually get some time to be able to invest in reading the cases :/

Túnica negra

07-30-2012

@VonBurguerMeister
I can't find any of your earlier replys, so my expectatives of following-up the conversation have lowered

@Lyte
Is there any problem with the answers he gave me?

This is not in a fighting mood! I was just wondering...

Lyte

Lead Social Systems Designer

Follow RiotLyte on Twitter

07-30-2012
63 of 63 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kinvaras666 View Post
yes I asked that in other thread, he said it "could" be a bug and he would look into it.

but I am still wondering if those people actually got any kind of punishment and only their cards is broken or if the bug is that they actually didn't get punished when they should have been, that would be a pretty serious issue that worries me.
Yep, this was a bug. Some cases were duplicated and ran through the Tribunal a second time and was voted punish a second time; however, since the player already received a ban from the Tribunal the punishment in the duplicate case received a punishment of "none."

Quitch

07-30-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Koronisz View Post
you'll see the world does not revolve around pink ponies and unicorns.

IS16e7c68f67142a

07-31-2012

Here's my idea for a reward system that doesn't equal IP/RP for the tribunal, although it also ties in with the game itself.

Like other people have shown a desire for in the past I think it'd be nice of there was some kind of reputation system in game, a way to "upvote" people that you enjoyed playing with or who was simply a positive force. Solving cases in the tribunal correctly would also add to these reputation points and would encourage a much better attitude in and out of game.

Kinvaras666

07-31-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diali View Post
Here's my idea for a reward system that doesn't equal IP/RP for the tribunal, although it also ties in with the game itself.

Like other people have shown a desire for in the past I think it'd be nice of there was some kind of reputation system in game, a way to "upvote" people that you enjoyed playing with or who was simply a positive force. Solving cases in the tribunal correctly would also add to these reputation points and would encourage a much better attitude in and out of game.
this

and don't forget
a matchmaking by reputation, to ensure nice players (this doesn't means they /play/ good, just that they are nice) with people who are nice too

and put the less nice people together

Bagman817

07-31-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueOctave View Post
@Riot team: Have you guys thought of increasing the IP per successful tribunal case?

Right now the amount of IP earned in the tribunal is so low, that you might as well have fun playing a game and making more IP than making less IP and reading text. Also due to the low reward, users are more likely to just vote as quickly as they can so they can get more IP instead of actually reviewing different cases carefully.

Just a thought, as I don't know why anyone would IP farm via the tribunal instead of just playing.
You should vote in the tribunal for great justice. IP is just a bonus.