Please review my case and emit your Opinion

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

SimplyAlive

07-30-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by onihero View Post
Fact is the guy did nothing wrong and was punished by the Tribunal.

This is the second card that has been posted here so far that shows this happening.
Simply, you have to agree, this is the wrong judgement.
Compared to the other innocent case, this has has alot more 'sidenotes' though.
My personal opinion is that the OP should be pardoned, but I see why he might have been punished by others.

If that equals it to being a wrong judgment, then yes.

Shiister

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

07-30-2012

No idea why you guys arguing over other people opinion of the case, that is how the Tribunal is. Just make your post with your opinion with reasons why you would punish or pardon the OP and move on.

LawGiver500

07-30-2012

Well considering the player base outcome was controversial it fell to riot to choose the outcome they seemingly opted to punish so who is to say there were no extenuating issues that pushed this choice.

Delinth

07-30-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by LawGiver500 View Post
Well considering the player base outcome was controversial it fell to riot to choose the outcome they seemingly opted to punish so who is to say there were no extenuating issues that pushed this choice.
I'd say this is a correct assumption. This case has a lot of borderlines and unknowns. I believe I would have pardoned, but just barely.

Game 1: 3/19 is atrocious. Playing bad is understandable, but I have never seen a death count that high without it being intentional. Item build was about right. No actual indication of intentional feeding. Your chat messages came off as being a bit "trollish". My suspicion is you were not taking the game even remotely seriously and may have been relishing in your team's suffering. But nothing solidly confirms my suspicions.

Game 2: 1/10 as a top lane Soraka. Might have been a bad game. Nothing in chat that's too bad other than someone calling for top and then you going anyways. What's interesting on this one is that the enemy team reported you. You received one report from your own team, which was most likely Skarner who was being reprehensible anyways. Generally speaking, if the enemy team reports you for feeding it's pretty bad. However, there's nothing in chat or item build to really declare it intentional.

So for me I'd have pardoned. It's a highly suspicious case, but there's not enough evidence for me personally to justify hitting Punish, although I can certainly see why some did.

Emailsupport7346

07-30-2012

*Push* as long as an official statement comes.

The Uprising

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

07-30-2012

mehhhhh, punishing for him "trolling" in game 1 has an incredibly weak basis for argument. Even if he was "trolling", it was very mild, all he was doing is calling ppl op...

The only thing I might be punishing him for is intentionally feeding in game 2, its unclear really what he was doing since he stopped talking in chat.

The Uprising

07-30-2012

Also, the tribunal forum upvoting emailsupport? Is this real life?

Lyte

Lead Social Systems Designer

Follow RiotLyte on Twitter

07-30-2012
1 of 5 Riot Posts

Hi Gunflame Smurf,

I took a look at your case and your Reform Card. You have been reported in 26% of your games, which is dramatically higher than the rest of the population so it's very clear that players are having consistently negative experiences playing in the same game as you; however, the Tribunal and Reform Card did not pull any extremely toxic games. I'm going to ask WookieCookie and Player Support to take a look at your specific case and see what they think.

In saying this, we're going to start adding % of games reported into Tribunal cases and Reform Cards because it has proven to be a valuable statistic.

Gurei Fullbuster

07-30-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lyte View Post
Hi Gunflame Smurf,

I took a look at your case and your Reform Card. You have been reported in 26% of your games, which is dramatically higher than the rest of the population so it's very clear that players are having consistently negative experiences playing in the same game as you; however, the Tribunal and Reform Card did not pull any extremely toxic games. I'm going to ask WookieCookie and Player Support to take a look at your specific case and see what they think.

In saying this, we're going to start adding % of games reported into Tribunal cases and Reform Cards because it has proven to be a valuable statistic.
I'd appreciate it if you come back with what you find if you can, I'm curious to know (curious out of alarm more than anything else).

BelligerentGnu

07-30-2012

This is bizarre - I would have absolutely pardoned you on this one. I've never seen such a non-offensive case.

Also, props for using 'emit' correctly, although it's a darned weird word in the circumstances.