Tribunal FAQ

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Cha0sniper

07-29-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Killrazor View Post
You punish if they break the rules, no matter what they were reported for. Why you ask? Because you are only able to report for one offense, even if they did multiple things bad.

Say a person gets reported for feeding, and they don't really feed, but in that game they are rude, racist, just over all being a bad/negative person... why wouldn't you punish them?
You're not reading what he's saying. You're trying to convince him that you're right, but he already agrees with you. But there are people who don't understand this point, so he's saying it should be spelled out in the FAQ.

Xepel

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

07-29-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lyte View Post
Does skipping count against your case limit?
Yes, but this could change in the future.
Wow, I didn't know this. I thought skipping cases didn't count, as you were skipping them because either you didn't know for sure whether to punish/pardon *or* because it was in a foreign language. Having skipping count against your case limit incentivizes choosing randomly, which is not what you want people to be doing. If you skip, you automatically get 0 IP (and counts for one of your 15). At least if you choose randomly in that instance you have a 50% chance of getting 5 IP. However, I don't think you want to incentivize random judgments, so please have skipping not count against your case limit. Thanks!

Lyte

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Lead Social Systems Designer

Follow RiotLyte on Twitter

07-29-2012
6 of 19 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xepel View Post
Wow, I didn't know this. I thought skipping cases didn't count, as you were skipping them because either you didn't know for sure whether to punish/pardon *or* because it was in a foreign language. Having skipping count against your case limit incentivizes choosing randomly, which is not what you want people to be doing. If you skip, you automatically get 0 IP (and counts for one of your 15). At least if you choose randomly in that instance you have a 50% chance of getting 5 IP. However, I don't think you want to incentivize random judgments, so please have skipping not count against your case limit. Thanks!
This is certainly something that is changing, we just don't know when we can get to it.

Silent Reaper

07-29-2012

Do Reports in Ranked Games value more than reports in Normal games? I find that trolling, afking etc to be extremely frustrating and disappointing when comparing it in ranked

If someone in normals is reported I think "Its okay, I won't have to see him again"

but in ranked it's more of a
"I WANT THIS GUY BANNED RIGHT NOW"

sort of thing.

ViperMaywood

07-29-2012

How do I do this?

ViperMaywood

07-29-2012

Sorry guys, first time in the forums!!

ViperMaywood

07-29-2012

Sorry guys, fist time I don't know what anything means!! this is so hard D:

ViperMaywood

07-29-2012

Um...Sylph sorry for the dislike I was meant for a like!!, first time in the forums can anyone teach me?

Myrkr Lokidottir

07-29-2012

Do custom games or games from PBE make it into the tribunal?

Dead Future

07-29-2012

Lyte, I have three questions for you:

In your professional opinion, would you consider the implementation of "Tribunal Reform Cards" after many players have been permanently banned (some of which having made large changes in their behavior due to the sobering effect of having everything they've ever earned being taken away from them) an oversight of sorts?

I don't mean to put words in your mouth, but would you then consider this to be a price for the "greater good" of the community?

Do you believe that "Tribunal Reform Cards" could pick up where, statistically, the "Level 20 Challenge" was found to fail?

EDIT: A fourth, if you don't mind.

What is the bottom line of the Tribunal, to you?