Turtling needs to be bannable

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

BryAallDay

07-28-2012

If you can sit in the fountain and kite minions as an exploit, it should be treated as such. I know Riot has done a poor job balancing the map, but that shouldn't reward being bad.

I know you don't take inhib until you can win, and that's what we did this game. Unfortunately, we had a first time Skarner on our team who never ulted when he needed to and when we could have won at 25 minutes, we took inhibs and went for tower. There stood Ashe by herself shooting minions from the fountain, but Skarner wouldn't ult her. It was the most frustrating thing in the world, and the cycle continued until 72 minutes when we finally fought in lane and aced them.

Great, I won, but it took 72 minutes when we actually had them beat by 20 minutes easily. They refused to surrender, so it was forced to drag out. If I hadn't had time to sit here for 72 minutes, they would have easily won.

Skill should determine the outcome of the game all the time, not time and cheating. Fountain kiting should be bannable if Riot doesn't have the ability or the sense to fix it.

Eryn

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

07-28-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by BryAallDay View Post
If you can sit in the fountain and kite minions as an exploit, it should be treated as such. I know Riot has done a poor job balancing the map, but that shouldn't reward being bad.

I know you don't take inhib until you can win, and that's what we did this game. Unfortunately, we had a first time Skarner on our team who never ulted when he needed to and when we could have won at 25 minutes, we took inhibs and went for tower. There stood Ashe by herself shooting minions from the fountain, but Skarner wouldn't ult her. It was the most frustrating thing in the world, and the cycle continued until 72 minutes when we finally fought in lane and aced them.

Great, I won, but it took 72 minutes when we actually had them beat by 20 minutes easily. They refused to surrender, so it was forced to drag out. If I hadn't had time to sit here for 72 minutes, they would have easily won.

Skill should determine the outcome of the game all the time, not time and cheating. Fountain kiting should be bannable if Riot doesn't have the ability or the sense to fix it.
So your Skarner never ulted but the map is broken.

Move along.

Uncle Jellyfish

07-29-2012

Pulling minions into the fountain means that they aren't getting gold. Sure, the match takes longer, but they're falling even farther behind. I suppose it depends on who you're playing as, but once that tower goes down, you pretty much win (unless they had pushed your inhibs and turrets as well). It might've even been worth it to simply dive and kill the tower, even if it meant an ace on your team, since there's no way they could possibly counter-push and win. Then it's just a simple fix of hopping the wall and blowing up the Nexus.

BryAallDay

07-29-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by E1C View Post
So your Skarner never ulted but the map is broken.

Move along.
So anyone without Skarner is SoL huh? It's well agreed that the map is broken btw.

Move along.

Koldheartedjsp

07-29-2012

Quote:
So anyone without Skarner is SoL huh? It's well agreed that the map is broken btw.

Move along.
well agreed by baddies, maybe

Eryn

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

07-29-2012

Quote:

Move along.
You claim the other team is full of bad players for 'turtling'.

Yet your own team consists of 'bad' players, for instance, Skarner never used his ultimate.

And don't assume it is well agreed upon that the map is broken, when it clearly is not.

See thread: http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/...t=if+you+think

BlueHeavenOutlaw

07-30-2012

wtf is twisted treeline??? lol

willxo

07-30-2012

no comment

Milranduil

08-01-2012

Quote:

So effectively turtling, taking advantage of the increase in creep at your disposal, and using that advantage to eventually come back and win is not skill?

derp...

1 800 Hit Dat B

08-01-2012

Destroying the enemy inhibitor when not making a game winning push should be bannable.