Morello has it all figured out!

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Sophitia

07-28-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morello View Post
I did a little of everything - I primarily worked on the Dungeon system, but I had a hand in monster, class, rewards and PvP design as well.

Can you explain the Janna nerf? As an AP Janna player, I have to say I'm pretty upset. Are you trying to say Janna is played as an AP mid too often? From what I've seen, she's more of a niche pick.

AP Janna is honestly very fun to play, and I really do hope you'll reconsider nerfing her ratios. (as a side note, the nerf to Janna's W isn't going to have a huge impact on Support Janna, so why nerf it in the first place?) Is there something we're missing in the patch notes?

Arcolyte

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

07-28-2012

Quote:
I think your intent here is correct, but I think the way you put it is misleading. I'm more in the camp of he doesn't have enough interesting decisions to make that can show off skilled moves and pro plays.

The dichotomy of Graves should be higher risk/reward (Draven does this well) by being really opportunistic. I'd like to see this amplified more - True Grit being a mechanic I think directly fights against him having a good tradeoff here.

Graves is getting the reward, but I think the risk is too minimal. AA range is a BIG deal, and changing it could make him worthless, but making it so he has to commit more to attack and dish out high damage is a good goal here.
Have you guys considered increasing the cone width on his Q?
Just a wider spread making hitting all 3 more difficult. but increasing the damage some how.

-OR-

Increasing the number of bullets that go out and making it more rewarding to land more.

Also, there could be some sort of special interaction where if you Q someone effected by W then they take additional damage from the additional buck shots like +5% on the damge from additional hits or something,

ShiznazTM

07-28-2012

It's pretty simple.

Make Quickdraw shots only remove .5sec from the cooldown.

His Steroid/Escape is now not spammable.

Morello

Lead Designer

07-28-2012
4 of 6 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Panzerfaust View Post
So basically, 'I did the stuff you like, blame the icky stuff on the other people!'

<.<
Opposite of that, actually

Morello

Lead Designer

07-28-2012
5 of 6 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madkool View Post
Can you explain the Janna nerf? As an AP Janna player, I have to say I'm pretty upset. Are you trying to say Janna is played as an AP mid too often? From what I've seen, she's more of a niche pick.

AP Janna is honestly very fun to play, and I really do hope you'll reconsider nerfing her ratios. (as a side note, the nerf to Janna's W isn't going to have a huge impact on Support Janna, so why nerf it in the first place?) Is there something we're missing in the patch notes?
The problem with AP mages that have the utility of Janna is they do everything - all the disruption of a strong support with all the killing power of a mage.

In the long-term, we're exploring making the UTILITY functions of Supports scale with AP. Slow %'s, CC, etc.

Beary

07-28-2012

Omg

IonCannonKarthus

07-28-2012

Any news on Tryndamere or Sivir reworks/buffs?

Str3SSed

07-28-2012

Quote:
I think your intent here is correct, but I think the way you put it is misleading. I'm more in the camp of he doesn't have enough interesting decisions to make that can show off skilled moves and pro plays.

The dichotomy of Graves should be higher risk/reward (Draven does this well) by being really opportunistic. I'd like to see this amplified more - True Grit being a mechanic I think directly fights against him having a good tradeoff here.

Graves is getting the reward, but I think the risk is too minimal. AA range is a BIG deal, and changing it could make him worthless, but making it so he has to commit more to attack and dish out high damage is a good goal here.
Don't bring up Draven as a good example of anything.

The most important aspect of the carry is positioning. Draven's entire design revolves around ****ing up his own positioning for the sake of dmg. It will never be worth it. :\

CataclysmCrash

07-28-2012

Quote:
The problem with AP mages that have the utility of Janna is they do everything - all the disruption of a strong support with all the killing power of a mage.

In the long-term, we're exploring making the UTILITY functions of Supports scale with AP. Slow %'s, CC, etc.
Morello can you fix Rammus and Karma?

Xohs

07-28-2012

Quote:
Uh, that would be amazing but would actually promote people to play them as utility mages. Is that the goal? I know you guys want to make supports scale better, but the fact is, in the current meta, its more likely that they'd get supportish items instead of being selfish and improving their own stuff, meanwhile some individual could go mid and get huge CC durations from large amounts of farm. I'd assume there would be DR on higher amounts of AP, or a cap, but still.