Please add save password option to login screen

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Ad0lph Hipster

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

07-26-2012

^

Absurd Wizard

07-28-2012

Bump

Limelight Kiwi

07-28-2012

pl0x

RiotKiddington

Platform Engineer

07-28-2012
1 of 1 Riot Posts

There will be security implications ... this sound really dangerous.
LoL involves RP and IP transactions, and website with similar security level will do not allow you to save password, like Amazon.

TalLavi

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

07-28-2012

So can we at least get the Log Out button back?
I am sick and tired of having to close LoL whenever I want to switch accounts.

Edit: Also make it so people who log out to switch account get higher Queue Priority if there is a Queue.

FusedPositron

07-28-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiotKiddington View Post
LoL involves RP and IP transactions, and website with similar security level will do not allow you to save password, like Amazon.
So do like Amazon and re-prompt for the password only when there's a monetary (real or IP) transaction. Otherwise, you can stay signed in.

C'mon. I play LOL in my own house and I completely trust everyone that has access to my computer. I think I can handle having LOL save my password.

In fact, the way you have it now sort of reduces security. It encourages people to leave the client open, so they don't have to go through the re-launch and potential login queue process, so then their entire account is open to the abuse you suggest might happen.

Jabe

07-28-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by TalLavi View Post
Edit: Also make it so people who log out to switch account get higher Queue Priority if there is a Queue.
That's easy to abuse. If that change was made, I could easily make a 3rd party tool where you just enter your login name and password and it gives you queue priority.

Zinwrath

07-28-2012

Quote:
several mmo's with built in paytowin mechanics allow this. Everquest2 Guild wars 2... even Steam and you can buy all kinds of crazy ****...the list goes on and on. On the flipside i dont really care...i just like to bring stuff up to counter what other people say cause i'm bored.

Blaine Tog

07-28-2012

Quote:
What if you had to sign in a second time to make purchases in the store?

DreamsOfGrandeur

07-28-2012

Security > Convenience.

We already have the occasional person getting hacked even though there's no apparent economic benefit to hacking an account.
Riot doesn't want to increase the probability of this occurring.