Add support for >2 speakers already

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

DingoRabiit

07-24-2012

Oh my f***king gosh Riot, You've had your game out for Two years now
Your the #1 played MMO
You rake in Thousands of dollars (you've managed to get $600 out of me)
And yet your game
IS
COMPLEATLEY
INCAPABLE
OF
USING
MORE
THAN
TWO
SPEAKERS
CORRECTLY

How many F***KING THREADS DO WE HAVE TO MAKE?!?!
ADD SUPPORT FOR GREATER THAN TWO SPEAKERS

jaywatford

Lead Sound Designer

07-27-2012
1 of 2 Riot Posts

Hey DingoRabiit,

We totally understand your frustration; it is definitely frustrating for us to not have this feature in as well. We are working towards a solution, but it is a bit of a hornets nest of an issue as the changes effect the way almost all of the audio in the game is handled.

I know from the outside it feels as though we are ignoring the issue, but we are working to towards getting all of the pieces of this in place. Sadly it's not something we can roll out incremental improvements because of the way the whole system is connected, we wish we could give more visibility of the effort towards it.

We really apologize the setup isn't optimal now. It definitely pains the audio team and the team as a whole in it's current state, but we are driving towards a solution as best we can.

Vilicious

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

07-27-2012

Oh my gosh, DingoRabiit, you've been alive for at least 2 years now
You're the #1 poster in this topic
You rake in at least $600 (you just stated so)
And yet your temper
Is
Completely
Incomprehensibly
Causing
More
Than
One
Line
Of
Yelling.

How many threads do you have to make?
One, and add bumps for greater than 1 Red post.

(Riot's full of cool guys and gals creating a game they love that you're passionate about, they deserve better than swearing and impatience. I mean, look how polite jaywatford is regardless of that.)

DingoRabiit

07-28-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaywatford View Post
Hey DingoRabiit,

We totally understand your frustration; it is definitely frustrating for us to not have this feature in as well. We are working towards a solution, but it is a bit of a hornets nest of an issue as the changes effect the way almost all of the audio in the game is handled.

I know from the outside it feels as though we are ignoring the issue, but we are working to towards getting all of the pieces of this in place. Sadly it's not something we can roll out incremental improvements because of the way the whole system is connected, we wish we could give more visibility of the effort towards it.

We really apologize the setup isn't optimal now. It definitely pains the audio team and the team as a whole in it's current state, but we are driving towards a solution as best we can.
THANK YOU!, All i needed to hear was "we are working on it"

And @Villcious, You are right. Without anydoubt, and without any excess of "rude" about yourself.

It just became so annoying to be told "oh just emulate it" "LoL doesnt support it" "it's not that big a deal" "test, Test test post" "theres no need for it" "that would ruin the game" "why would you want surround sound"

Long Story short, I blew my fuse and posted too much. I am sorry.

CyberTootie

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

DingoRabiit

12-24-2012

Look! Its been TWO YEARS! and its still not fixed!

MShadowz

05-15-2014

4 now...

Riot Eno

Senior Sound Designer

05-16-2014
2 of 2 Riot Posts

I'l just leave this here.....

Info about our new audio engine

Send some love to Belligerent Swan for all of his hard work on this; he's an honest to god' saint.