SUGGESTION Kick Players

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Skylayer

07-20-2012

Well since for dodging a match i got penalty for 30 mins, because i didnt want to play with a troll .
I thought, you cant get rid of trolling players, so if youre in ranked why not kick a player (voting process) with at least 4 votes agree.
This isnt only for trolls, AFKrs and childish summoners too.

I mean, if a player is afk and autolock you should be able to kick him, or if someone decide to go soraka with promote and smite cause he didnt get the lane he want, you should be able to kick him too.

Could be a lot of implications, i know. If you are in a party of 4 players you can kick and kick, but, that´s why you only could be able to do this on RANKED.

If you got kicked you´ll recibe a penalty of 5 mins for prevention for example.

I guess this isnt a new idea, but this really could help

Skylayer

07-21-2012

Bump

GreenSage

07-23-2012

Need more of these posts.

It's really out of control and I don't understand why Riot doesn't allow some kind of role-setting time before character select AND a way to vote kick trolls or AFKs..... just boggles my mind that a good guy greg who dodges cause of a troll pick is punished more than the troll

JavinoX

Skylayer

07-26-2012

Bump

Shargun

07-26-2012

Well look, the problem with kicking a player is that makes your game an instant 4v5 meaning that even if they're a troll, kicking them doesn't make the game much fairer. Also, the reporting system with the tribunal would need updates to consider cases where someone got kicked and that is a lot of work but possible but the first point makes kicking seem fairly obsolete. Reply if you have solutions.

RiotKiddington

Platform Engineer

07-26-2012
1 of 1 Riot Posts

here is why vote kick would not work

Shargun

07-26-2012

I commented on that post as well

DeanKeaton259

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

07-26-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiotKiddington View Post
It would work in Ranked. Who cares about normals? There's no point to put vote kick in normal lobbies..

Slogra

07-26-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeanKeaton259 View Post
It would work in Ranked. Who cares about normals? There's no point to put vote kick in normal lobbies..
I think Kiddington made a good point about how trolls will just get around it in ranked matches:

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiotKiddington View Post
4) There is also a concern that this system’s operational effectiveness is limited. Trolls are not dumb, once they found out such system exist, they will just be “nice” during champion selection and start trolling right afterwards.

5) Time limit on champion select. If we start a vote on one side, and let’s say each person have 10 seconds to press “vote” button. That’s 50 seconds per side for a SR game without any other champion select functionalities getting triggered. The whole champion selection process could take much longer than the current system. This will affect player experience (since many consider the ranked champion selection process is too long already)
Leading to problem #5 (as he lists it), that the vote kick process just adds more time to an already timely affair. You could go through dozens of troll games and the kick system wouldn't detect them until it was too late, because all trolls need to do is wait until they can't get kicked. Therefore, you're almost always just going to be wasting even more time in champion select.