Should we add a Kicking player option in Ranked Draft?

Yes, PLEASE 296 63.11%
No, It will not work 173 36.89%
Voters: 469. You may not vote on this poll

Adding a boot option for Troll Prevention

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

JavinoX

07-21-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by IAmPotato View Post
You all present some excellent points and while I do agree on most of the things you have said, you have yet to recognize a single problem, that humans adapt to change. Regardless of the systems put in place there will always be workarounds for people that want to ruin the experience of other people. For example, if I wanted to ruin your game under this new vote kicking system, I would simply pretend to be well behaved and care about the team, only to turn once the game started. There are many ways this can be abused, BUT there are also many ways in which the current system is being abused, the question is which one is better, or are they even different at all?
Ok you bring a good point, but at least you have the right set up of roles going into the game, you will still beable to minimize trollers that wanna pick whatever they wanted when the roles are already picked. The ingame play is where we can't control, if they suck at top,mid or adc, we have to live with that but by having a kick option during draft, we can kick people like ADC or AFK and people that are afk. By doing so, we can minimize certain trolling. I wish we can prevent all trolling but ingame, we just have to play the game.

JavinoX

07-21-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Influnza View Post
Ok i really like the idea you guys have going here but the problem is that it would be abbused if someone makes a bad decision in game you guys would boot the kid for sucking which doesnt really work for riot and if you say it wouldnt be abused... well your wrong... it would have to strictly be in the champion select menu that would be better. Although then you would have people aruging over well he called it first... well i am first pick.. doesnt matter he called it then you have a split vote so nothing gets done... so I propose something different

Forgive the random introduction I made a thread on this so I just copied this into here. It is a matchmaking of sorts that could eliminate this problem.

I am sure this has been proposed in here a few times but I didnt see it in the first page or two.

"So riot could there please be a way you can create a player preference choice when you que. I wouldnt even mind if it was a whole separate que for it. But maybe have choices like Top, Mid, Jungle, Support, ADC or Everything. And a system that would try to match you with a real team. With a game that now holds the record for most players actively playing; I dont see how you couldnt implement a system where in a ranked game it would match me with players who love to play a certain role within a game. Doesnt mean they would be good per say; but it would end about half of my games where I lose because we have 3 people going top or two people picking mids and trolling for the rest of the game. 1/3 of my ranked games are like this. I am sure your response is well find a team if you want to play a particular role well not everyone has the time to commit to a team and the game or two they get to play a day wouldnt be a 20 min surrender because of a bad reason it would just be a problem of they other guys were just better than you lol."
Guys, you are missing the main point. During champ select, this will make or break the team 90% of the time. If there is trolling going during champ select, most likely you will lose the game. We are trying to minimize the damage by getting a good team compilation going into the game. In game play, if someone sucks and feeds...oh well! at least you can try harder but we can only do so much. I rather still have the right compilation going into the game at least to say we tried our best. If someone is trolling in game, then just report them and let the tribunal deal with it after.

Toph Sinex

07-22-2012

thing is, I live the idea; personally i would like it in many game types, even normal because normal has the most trolls of all. Trolls are everywhere, yes, but where you can improve a game function to prevent **** from trolling. I say take the opportunity and implement said function. This being said, Solo/Duo queue in Ranked would DEFINITIVELY be quality improved if this function was released.

Eldraz

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

07-24-2012

Bumb this **** RIOT NEEDS TO READ

JavinoX

07-25-2012

Come on RIOT, let's hear from you guys. We would love your input on this. This option will be very helpful.

RiotKiddington

Platform Engineer

07-26-2012
1 of 4 Riot Posts

It has been explained by Riot Lyte before why such system would not work. I will give few examples and scenarios for your consideration, if such voting system exists:

1) In ranked match, a team could artificially use the voting system to selectively match make with team that they perceived to be weaker, or to use the system to give them an “edge” in match making. Some examples are: “the other side banned my favorite champion, let’s use the vote system to queue dodge” or “they picked my best champion, let’s use the vote system to queue dodge”, “the other side got some high elo players, let’s dodge use the vote system”.

2) In regions that are with culturally, racially, religiously or linguistically diverse population, this system may enable a form of discrimination. A majority can vote kick a player who is not from their country, do not speak their language, do not believe in their religion, or do not belong to the same race. Think about our EU servers, how many countries falls under the EU server region?

3) There is a concern for voting percentage. A 4 man SR premade could kick any one they want regardless if the 5th person is a troll or not. This is especially true in regions where ranked team does not exist, and “premade” still exist. Same concept applies to ranked TT, a premade can out-vote the third player with impunity.

4) There is also a concern that this system’s operational effectiveness is limited. Trolls are not dumb, once they found out such system exist, they will just be “nice” during champion selection and start trolling right afterwards.

5) Time limit on champion select. If we start a vote on one side, and let’s say each person have 10 seconds to press “vote” button. That’s 50 seconds per side for a SR game without any other champion select functionalities getting triggered. The whole champion selection process could take much longer than the current system. This will affect player experience (since many consider the ranked champion selection process is too long already)

These are few examples why vote kick would not work effectively, I am confident there are more reasons why such voting system will not work effectively if we consider this issue more in depth.

Shargun

07-26-2012

kiddington is back and more logical than ever,

Eiales

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

07-26-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiotKiddington View Post
5) Time limit on champion select. If we start a vote on one side, and let’s say each person have 10 seconds to press “vote” button. That’s 50 seconds per side for a SR game without any other champion select functionalities getting triggered. The whole champion selection process could take much longer than the current system. This will affect player experience (since many consider the ranked champion selection process is too long already)
Nitpicking I guess, but wouldn't players vote in parallel? It should take 10 seconds total.

Chevalle

07-26-2012

Quote:
It has been explained by Riot Lyte before why such system would not work. I will give few examples and scenarios for your consideration, if such voting system exists:

1) In ranked match, a team could artificially use the voting system to selectively match make with team that they perceived to be weaker, or to use the system to give them an “edge” in match making. Some examples are: “the other side banned my favorite champion, let’s use the vote system to queue dodge” or “they picked my best champion, let’s use the vote system to queue dodge”, “the other side got some high elo players, let’s dodge use the vote system”.

2) In regions that are with culturally, racially, religiously or linguistically diverse population, this system may enable a form of discrimination. A majority can vote kick a player who is not from their country, do not speak their language, do not believe in their religion, or do not belong to the same race. Think about our EU servers, how many countries falls under the EU server region?

3) There is a concern for voting percentage. A 4 man SR premade could kick any one they want regardless if the 5th person is a troll or not. This is especially true in regions where ranked team does not exist, and “premade” still exist. Same concept applies to ranked TT, a premade can out-vote the third player with impunity.

4) There is also a concern that this system’s operational effectiveness is limited. Trolls are not dumb, once they found out such system exist, they will just be “nice” during champion selection and start trolling right afterwards.

These are few examples why vote kick would not work effectively, I am confident there are more reasons why such voting system will not work effectively if we consider this issue more in depth.
Then please do SOMETHING to stop the "Mid or feed," "Lol I troll," or afk players that get randomed in ranked.

Hellavor

07-26-2012

Quote:
While most of the other reasons are fairly solid, I fail to see how booting someone who doesn't speak your language is a bad thing. From the (admittedly limited) posts I've viewed, Riot seems to view that people who speak other languages are not a handicap in games, that vital information can be communicated via pings.

While an idealistic thought, this is simply not the case. You can't communicate "Could you play a different champion, we need more cc" or "I'd like to lane with x, could you switch roles" or suggest items/tactics or tell them you need a gank or let them know the lane's warded. While a few of the examples I'm stating may be extreme, a lot of them are not unrealistic. There have been so many games I've played where one person just stays quiet the entire game because they don't speak the language the rest of us do.

Riot continuously touts League of Legends as a team game, but the fact is you can not communicate to the same level with people who don't speak the language that everyone else on your team does, and no matter how good they do in lane, or how well they play outside of it, there are times when there are no substitutes for communication, and this is something that Riot really needs to acknowledge. While there's not a lot of options to fix them, Riot not letting us know that they view this as a problem is really discouraging.

EDIT: The one thing that needs to be done more than anything else, and should take like 5 minutes to actually code is that players who don't lock dodge the game, rather than getting randomed. This should have been implemented a very long time ago, and I'm not sure why it still hasn't been.