Darius OP??? prove it?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Dragull

07-24-2012

I ganked him with Evelynn while he was 50% health. I was 95%. Both lvl 4
I had to walked away with 10% of my health while he was still at 25%.

So, while I took out 25% of his health, he took out 85% of mine.

And this is considered balanced?

Nightfallyn

07-24-2012

See there is your problem, "A video showing that skill and ones decisions are irrelevant against darius." is not the definition of overpowered. If decisions and skill were completely irrelevant he wouldn't be "OP" he be in "GOD" mode. That would be he could run into a 5v1 fight regardless of health, items, or anything and win every time. "OP" in the context of this video game simply means he can perform actions consistently "better" then other champs designed to do the same thing with the same farm and builds. In this case, "damage" is what we are talking about. If you looked at the math his ability for "damage output" is staggeringly better then any other champion with the same lvl of farm.

No one will ever find a video of any champ that fits your definition of OP cept maybe the troll Lee Sin video that came out before his release.

holy bongos

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

07-24-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragull View Post

I was ganked by Evelynn as Ashe while I was at 85% health and she was at 45% health. Both level four.

I barely escaped to my turret with 10% health left and she had 35% health left.

So while I took out 10% of her health, she took out 75% of mine.

LuckingFegendary

07-24-2012

the complaint is that he can easily pub stomp bad teams once fed. and you can't stop him.

CerealBoxOfDoom

07-24-2012

Thanks for participating, and even being friendly about it. Good community member is good.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aria Sachou View Post
The fight was lost already because of the damage output darius could push out. The focus targets were put in the right place, but the problem was there was a limit to how long the team could focus targets.
I disagree. My judgement is that the fight was lost because darius's team had the superior positioning, they shouldve been aware of this as soon as darius's position was revealed. Notice that throughout the video, darius hardly moves at all. He never moves far from where he started. They all come to him.
Fiddles seperated himself from the team, reflex or not, he was on his own unless they decided to help. Which they did. They took mal down, a risky move that paid off. Chasing nunu was another risky move that would leave the carry and the support to fend for themselves against two high dps opponents. They had plenty of chance to attempt an escape or to at least try to avoid the most dangerous location possible at the battlesite, right in front of the, by design, killing machine to be butchered and killed.

Sona survived this and would later return to be finished off. There is honestly no reason for her to have stopped right in front of darius. All of her abilities can be done from outside his range and through walls. There was no reason for her to do this.

Quote:
They chose to focus a champ that could totally suppress a target and deal aoe% magic damage.
And the champ that could boost Cait's attackspeed with a low cd on the boost and an ulti that could potentially nuke the team.
Cait was very far away and Darius was tanky and at near full.
they didn't have to fight at that location, or at all really. Nobody was trapping them there. After that champ that could suppress was dead they didn't disengage, after ashe had ****ed herself to get a shot on nunu and nunu died, they still didn't take a hint and split. The fight was lost from the beginning but they managed to get some kills, but they didn't negate the positional advantage by doing so and they were slaughtered by a champ who is 100% dependant on convinient positioning.

Quote:
The biggest thing that Darius does is something he has that not a lot of champs can do.
Most champs with AOE moves like Sivir, Varus, Kat etcetc, all have moves that can damage a lot of champs easily, but the difference is that their moves decrease as they hit more champs. Darius's Q does not, It is consistent, spammable and it has a high ratio with a passive apply effect.
again a very short range, the champs you mentioned don't have to do nearly as much work to hit multiple targets. Darius didn't have to do much work here because they walked up to him and just stopped...

Also you mentioned that I mentioned that talon picked the right target. Ill rephrase, he picked the better out of two targets assuming he wanted a kill. But the odds of him getting said kill were low to begin with since he was a squishy with two dps champs riding him at the same time with no distractions. Then comes sona who comes and stands possibly in the worst possible position
Quote:
again
I'd also like to point out that if darius had been warwick, olaf, or any tanky high dps fighter instead, the position wouldn't have been any better. I imagine the outcome wouldve been about the same from the moment ashe stopped in front of said champ to the point where the ace was scored.

CerealBoxOfDoom

07-24-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuckingFegendary View Post
the complaint is that he can easily pub stomp bad teams once fed. and you can't stop him.
That's how this game works. Its hard to come back from heavy losses. Don't make them. Chess is even less forgiving. Happens in pacman as well.

holy bongos

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

07-24-2012

Here's a fun fact: I'm sure on any given day I'd rather face a Darius than an AP Yi.

CerealBoxOfDoom

07-24-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragull View Post

Yes, evelyn is an assassin.
Assassin: Champions with mediocre auto-attack and defense, who specialize in killing their enemies quickly. These champions usually are physical attackers and are DPS-based(Damage per second) or are AP(ability power) burst oriented. All of them have some form of invisibility or sudden ambushing ability. They should focus on items that will increase the damage they put out over a short period of time. In fights, they play a role as sneak attackers of key targets (like the Carry or the Mage), who pick off weak enemies and carry champions at the right time. They should not be played for frontal engagements in team fights since they lack good defense compared to fighters and tanks.

Darius is a fighter
Fighter (also known as Off-tank): Champions that have aspects of DPSing and tanking, combining the survivability of a tank and the damage of an assassin (tank/assassin hybrid). They don't quite match up to their specialized counterparts in either role (meaning they do not have extreme survivability of a tank or the burst damage of an assassin, but a bit of both). In a team fight, they can play a role of a tank or assassin.

This means that darius has something in common with a tank

Tank: Champions with extremely high defense, health, and crowd control abilities, but low attack damage or poor ability power scaling. Tanks are usually champions that combine high amounts of health, armor, and magic resistance. If left alone, tanks are able to absorb high amounts of damage or create disables on their foes, which make them great harassers as well. In battle, this type of champion is usually expected to start/initiate (or at least be in the front of) the team fight; soaking up damage, and helping focus certain enemies (carry and mage champions). Due to their low damage output, they must rely on their assassin, carry, fighter, and mage champions to finish the enemy off or chase them down when they initially weakened them. As a result, tanks are not expected to gain high kills but more assists. Tank champions should coordinate team fights by telling team to retreat or advance when necessary since they lead the charge. They are also meant to be a protector of the team, and must be willing to sacrifice himself/herself for vulnerable allies if necessary.

Which evelyn is not designed to fight with. The ideal targets for an assassin is a mage or carry. The carry being the most desirable of the two usually though the two aren't always seperate entities.

When a tanky character starts to carry the team it becomes a huge problem for an assassin this is something that can be avoided by understanding the game and the characters in the game.

CerealBoxOfDoom

07-24-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightfallyn View Post
See there is your problem, "A video showing that skill and ones decisions are irrelevant against darius." is not the definition of overpowered. If decisions and skill were completely irrelevant he wouldn't be "OP" he be in "GOD" mode. That would be he could run into a 5v1 fight regardless of health, items, or anything and win every time. "OP" in the context of this video game simply means he can perform actions consistently "better" then other champs designed to do the same thing with the same farm and builds. In this case, "damage" is what we are talking about. If you looked at the math his ability for "damage output" is staggeringly better then any other champion with the same lvl of farm.
so if I listed the other 100 champs and told you something they can do that he can't is he no longer op? Or is everyone op? Btw Ill do it lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightfallyn View Post
No one will ever find a video of any champ that fits your definition of OP cept maybe the troll Lee Sin video that came out before his release.
if it isn't based off bugs hax or other things like that, then post it.

CerealBoxOfDoom

07-24-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grailums View Post
I was ganked by Evelynn as Ashe while I was at 85% health and she was at 45% health. Both level four.

I barely escaped to my turret with 10% health left and she had 35% health left.

So while I took out 10% of her health, she took out 75% of mine.

Earlier I mentioned that evelyn was designed to kill carries. Ashe is a carry.