Guiding Light - A RivenXLux Fanfic

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Loso

07-23-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonizhere View Post
All of these riven builds, why do i feel like warmogs and frozen mallet as core items on riven such a waste now ;_;
She has 2 1:1 ratios for bonus AD (shield stun), a .7 ratio on her Q and and AD steriod on her ult. Building HP items like Mallet and Warmogs doesn't take full advantage of her great ratios and is therefore less effective (When your facing a burst heavy comp, you just have to play smarter and let someone else distract while you dive their carries).

Jonizhere

07-23-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by AhLoso View Post
She has 2 1:1 ratios for bonus AD (shield stun), a .7 ratio on her Q and and AD steriod on her ult. Building HP items like Mallet and Warmogs doesn't take full advantage of her great ratios and is therefore less effective (When your facing a burst heavy comp, you just have to play smarter and let someone else distract while you dive their carries).
Any build can you give me with at least a frozen mallet, since i love jumping into fights and all.

ZongTG

07-23-2012

I use the same base build every game with Riven and change it accordingly.

Cloth Armor and 5 health potions every time to start.

For my laning items (added gradually as I go back):

Boots of Speed
2 Doran's Blades

Then I get my choices:

Ninja Tabi for heavy AD teams or if I feel I need it for my lane specifically.

Mercury Treads for heavy AP/ CC teams or if I feel I need it for my lane specifically.

Ionian Boots of Lucidity if I feel no threat and just wanna slaughter them (usually good to pair a Brutalizer with this).

Phage if I feel like I need some more health (either rush a Frozen Mallet or finish your Bloodthirster and then make a Frozen Mallet).

Bloodthirster if I feel safe and want to build more damage (sometimes I'll go for a Guardian Angel right after my laning items and Bloodthirster).

Warmogs for lategame health.

Guardian Angel for the protection and for the fact that it revives you if you die.

Infinity Edge for lategame damage.

By this time the game has already ended (hopefully and probably in my favor), but there are a lot of other good items on Riven. However, I usually don't get past the point of 2 or 3 big items. I usually have a Frozen Mallet, a Bloodthirster, a Guardian Angel, my boots of choice, and 2 Doran's Blades.

I hope I've helped. ^_^

Loso

07-23-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonizhere View Post
Any build can you give me with at least a frozen mallet, since i love jumping into fights and all.
I dislike Mallet on Riven because I feel that GA + Red Pot + Riven's base HP is enough to stay alive. But it is useful against Irelia and Olaf in lane if you are trying to stay alive against them. If you wanted to use mallet in a build I would go.

Boots/3 > Dorans Blade > Phage > Vamp Scepter > Bloodthirster > Mercs > Guardians Angel.

After the GA you can get mallet if you feel you need the HP or Last Whisper if they have tons of armor. For your last item, you can Get Randuins if you're diving their AD carry, another Bloodthirster for more damage or a Maw if their AP carry is peeling you from their team or your diving their AP carry.

Also: Don't buy Infinity Edge on Riven or any Crit items for that matter. AD carries make the best use of crit.. You are NOT AD carry so Crit is useless on Riven.

Cerubois

07-23-2012

Riven:

Bloodthirster x5, Sword of the Occult x1

Lux:

Lasers x5, something cooldownish x1

Chapter 10:

Tomorrow morning. Need sleep before final editing.

Roayel

07-23-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cerubois View Post
Riven:

Lux:

Lasers x5, something cooldownish x1

Chapter 10:

Tomorrow morning. Need sleep before final editing.
Hahaha, are you one of those Karthus' with five archangels staves and a d cap?

Yasako

07-23-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cerubois View Post
Riven:

That is like 600 bonus AD??? 300 extra damage from passive?????? 1000 damage per autoattack??????

Dorryza

07-23-2012

don't forget that it's killing something with low armor, and you've got Armorpen runes.

And imagine that one crit....

Cerubois

07-24-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by mak556 View Post
That is like 600 bonus AD??? 300 extra damage from passive?????? 1000 damage per autoattack??????
Don't forget her ult's bonus. You'll be close to 1000 AD.

Switch a Bloodthirster out for an IE. Crit for 3000, anyone? (I've literally one-shot a Miss Fortune Bot. Was fun.)

Cerubois

07-24-2012

On a side note, found this sitting on my hard drive. Wondered how long it had been sitting there. Figured I'd put it up. That's how all fanfiction works, right?

http://www.fanfiction.net/s/7599936/10/Guiding_Light

No spoiler comic right now. I'm completely burned out at the moment. Seriously. That chapter ended up way too long. Ima go sleep for a couple da-
Oh wait. What's this?
It's another chapter of Wounded. We should all go read it too.

http://www.fanfiction.net/s/7958191/8/Wounded