Taco Storm has never been afraid

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

BryAallDay

07-24-2012

of Darius.

I'm not here to call Darius OP or UP or anything but I would like to bring up one of my game experiences that just happened.

Please keep in mind that this happened on the Twisted Treeline, so the map itself is broken in terms of balance, and of course it was played purely for fun; you can't take 3v3 very seriously because of all the balance issues.

I did a 3v3 with one of my friends, and while normally we do things like Nunu-Teemo bottom just for the harassment and how fun it is. Unfortunately, someone on our team chose Graves pretty early in the lobby, so I just took pantheon and went top. I wouldn't normally play Pantheon because he falls off almost as bad as Garen does (i.e. worthless), but it is just for fun after all.

Enter the game, things are going alright but not great. Bottom lane with my friend has no control so they're is capable of pressuring me constantly. However, at level 6, I get first blood on Darius because he forgot to ult or maybe was OOM, I'm not sure. The Morde on the other team's bottom lane, of course, reaches top at the same time MIA is claled and I die. Whatever, got FB, got some items, game goes on. I should be ahead.

Level 10 comes around, Darius uses E-W-Q, I flash over a wall because I'm at half health, he flashes also, uses his ultimate... Dead.

I checked my death recap, and at level 10, his ultimate did 660 damage, 49% of my total health. It would have made no difference if I had ran or not because his combo is instant death for any champion in the game at level 6-12, and still generally 90%+ afterwards.

How you can post in the 3v3 forums asking for popular bans and then say, "No, I'm not talking about Darius, I've never seen one worth being scared of." is really baffling to me. I know you play the game, but honestly have you played top lane against Darius? He IS without question one of the strongest champions in the game.

My 3v3 ELO isn't amazing, in fact it's only 1300 if I recall, so I'm not an expert and you DID ask for high elo bans, so my input isn't the best perhaps. However, I play with RL friends who don't always perform very well, but I'm fine with it because it's a game and they ARE my friends after all. I don't think this is a great excuse, but I believe I have a pretty good idea of what's going on in terms of bans and balance in this game, and by the looks of it, Taco Storm, I think maybe you should reevaluate your view on Darius' worth on the treeline, because at least on the treeline he is broken and you should be scared. With 3 people, you don't have the CC and burst to instantly decimate somebody like Darius like you do in 5s. The terrain also makes his mobility a non-issue since all distances on TT are short and it's covered in brush.

Again, just my opinion, I understand not everybody will see my point of view; I don't ask you to. I just hope maybe we can get past this Darius-non threat thing Riot is trying to pull. If you don't see a refreshing ult as a problem on a map like TT, you probably aren't on the balance team.

TLDR; Taco Storm says Darius isn't scary on TT, is wrong in my opinion.

Have a nice day.

BryAallDay

07-24-2012

Bumping

Alivarious

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

07-24-2012

Stopped reading at Twisted Treeline.

K18Uu

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

07-24-2012

While Darius I guess is scary, I'd much rather fight Darius any day on TT then Tryndamere/Riven/Singed/Jax/Lee Sin/GP/Yorick etc

BryAallDay

07-24-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alivarious View Post
Stopped reading at Twisted Treeline.
I'm sorry to hear that, if you had read 10 words further you would have seen that I discredited the maps balance. The entire issue in this thread involves TT though.

A Bad Varus

07-24-2012

I was expecting a letter from the random complaint generator.

BryAallDay

07-24-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by K18Uu View Post
While Darius I guess is scary, I'd much rather fight Darius any day on TT then Tryndamere/Riven/Singed/Jax/Lee Sin/GP/Yorick etc
Yorick is a pain, I agree, because he's not balanced for 1v1, but as for Jax/ Lee/ Riven, they're all characters that I know pretty well in and out so they don't frighten me too much. Trynd, on the other hand, I never fear because of how weak he is compared to champions such as Riven, Jax, all those you named, etc.

In 5v5 you can take comfort in knowing that he can't kill your team before you kill him, but in 3v3, we aren't afforded that same comfort, and that's why I fear him more.

TheMathmagician

07-24-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by BryAallDay View Post
of Darius.

I'm not here to call Darius OP or UP or anything but I would like to bring up one of my game experiences that just happened.

Please keep in mind that this happened on the Twisted Treeline, so the map itself is broken in terms of balance, and of course it was played purely for fun; you can't take 3v3 very seriously because of all the balance issues.

I did a 3v3 with one of my friends, and while normally we do things like Nunu-Teemo bottom just for the harassment and how fun it is. Unfortunately, someone on our team chose Graves pretty early in the lobby, so I just took pantheon and went top. I wouldn't normally play Pantheon because he falls off almost as bad as Garen does (i.e. worthless), but it is just for fun after all.

Enter the game, things are going alright but not great. Bottom lane with my friend has no control so they're is capable of pressuring me constantly. However, at level 6, I get first blood on Darius because he forgot to ult or maybe was OOM, I'm not sure. The Morde on the other team's bottom lane, of course, reaches top at the same time MIA is claled and I die. Whatever, got FB, got some items, game goes on. I should be ahead.

Level 10 comes around, Darius uses E-W-Q, I flash over a wall because I'm at half health, he flashes also, uses his ultimate... Dead.

I checked my death recap, and at level 10, his ultimate did 660 damage, 49% of my total health. It would have made no difference if I had ran or not because his combo is instant death for any champion in the game at level 6-12, and still generally 90%+ afterwards.

How you can post in the 3v3 forums asking for popular bans and then say, "No, I'm not talking about Darius, I've never seen one worth being scared of." is really baffling to me. I know you play the game, but honestly have you played top lane against Darius? He IS without question one of the strongest champions in the game.

My 3v3 ELO isn't amazing, in fact it's only 1300 if I recall, so I'm not an expert and you DID ask for high elo bans, so my input isn't the best perhaps. However, I play with RL friends who don't always perform very well, but I'm fine with it because it's a game and they ARE my friends after all. I don't think this is a great excuse, but I believe I have a pretty good idea of what's going on in terms of bans and balance in this game, and by the looks of it, Taco Storm, I think maybe you should reevaluate your view on Darius' worth on the treeline, because at least on the treeline he is broken and you should be scared. With 3 people, you don't have the CC and burst to instantly decimate somebody like Darius like you do in 5s. The terrain also makes his mobility a non-issue since all distances on TT are short and it's covered in brush.

Again, just my opinion, I understand not everybody will see my point of view; I don't ask you to. I just hope maybe we can get past this Darius-non threat thing Riot is trying to pull. If you don't see a refreshing ult as a problem on a map like TT, you probably aren't on the balance team.

TLDR; Taco Storm says Darius isn't scary on TT, is wrong in my opinion.

Have a nice day.
Very much agree. You have to play passive vs. a Darius with a large number of champs, or you risk exactly this situation. It is not difficult to stack hemo, as he does a fine job of this in one combo with an auto here and there. Even if he doesn't kill you with the ult outright, I can't count how many times I or a teammate have died to the hemo 4-5 seconds after the fact.

This isn't to say that I haven't shut down or destroyed a few Darius players, but there is basically never a time when I don't fear him at the start of a game. Too many times one hook from him leads to a kill, then he gets out of control very quickly.

BryAallDay

07-24-2012

Bump!

Riot Taco Storm

Associate QA Lead

08-08-2012
1 of 4 Riot Posts

A little late to the party, but I thought I'd post these. This is why our team isn't afraid of Darius in 3s. We've never had a challenge against him. We've always stomped him.

Maybe it's the way we play, or maybe those Darii weren't the greatest ever. No idea. Either way, those are all the 3s matches we've played against Darius and as you can see, we weren't too worried about them.